Windows 10: Windows Essentials

Discus and support Windows Essentials in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; One thing I found (I did an in-place upgrade) is that Windows Live Mail stopped working. Even when I added a new account it couldn't connect. I ended... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RTWFF, Oct 9, 2014.

1. RTWFF Win User

Windows Essentials

One thing I found (I did an in-place upgrade) is that Windows Live Mail stopped working. Even when I added a new account it couldn't connect. I ended up using the Outlook App

:)

RTWFF, Oct 9, 2014
  2. Tiny123KJ Win User

windows Essentials

Not sure is Essentials already apart of windows 10 or do I need to download again I had it with windows 8. I forget thinks a lot so if I did Thank you for all the help so far. Its been very welcomed Thank you

Tiny123KJ, Oct 9, 2014
  3. Windows essential

I up grated to windows 10 which have defender came with it .can i install Microsoft essential and keep the defender .

abdulgaderlamin, Oct 9, 2014
  4. DavidE Win User

Windows Essentials

I did a clean install of Win 10 as a VMware VM running under Win 7.
    I installed Windows Live Mail 2012 in the Win 10 VM and no problems here.

Personally I don't like or trust upgrading an OS version ... I prefer doing a clean install.

Can you uninstall / reinstall Live Mail in Win 10 without risk of losing important data ?

DavidE, Oct 9, 2014
  5. Maybe it was in the error message when I tried to use WLM (Windows Live Mail), but somewhere I read that WLM required Net Foundation 3.5; so I downloaded and installed dotNet 3.5 from MS and thereafter WLM worked. My contacts, message rules, etc. were all there.

JohnHerbster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Essentials

1. Windows Essentials - Similar Threads - Essentials

2. Last few Windows Updates have knocked out many essential services - Why does this keep...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last few Windows Updates have knocked out many essential services - Why does this keep...: Hello, the last two or three Windows Updates that have been forced on me (Windows 10 Home does not allow you to postpone updates) have stopped essential services from running, requiring my time to spend troubleshooting to get my laptop working again to normal condition....
  3. Windows security Essentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security Essentials: I am trying to figure out which file to download/ Version: 4.10.0209.0 File Name: ENUS\amd64\MSEInstall.exe ENUS\x86\MSEInstall.exe Date Published: 11/29/2016 File Size: 14.4 MB 11.7...
  4. Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings: The desktop reverts to automatic mode after turning the PC off. I have gone into tablet mode settings many times and changed it to desktop mode but it keeps resetting itself. This happened after a windows 10 update. It worked fine previous. Ran Dism and SFC and all is fine...
  5. MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC: MS security essentials wont reinstall on my old win 7 (32bit) netbook (have tried 50692 fixit) cant install error = 0x80070643, All other SW runs fine currently using Panda anti virus, have tried disabling antivirus during attempts at insalling security essentials....
  6. When rebooting or restarting my PC, I am experiencing a Microsoft Security Essentials hang...

When rebooting or restarting my PC, I am experiencing a Microsoft Security Essentials hang...: When I reboot or restart my PC, the PC goes thru the boot process of loading all start up programs but when it gets to Microsoft Security Essentials it gets hung up for about 15-20 seconds. After that time of 15 seconds the remaining start up programs finish loading. This...
  7. Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC: Having run Windows Home Server, then Windows Server 2012 Essentials on an HP MediaSmart Server, I'm in the midst of a switch to a new HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 running Windows Server 2016 Essentials. I'm partway through the process of bringing in the new server to the...
  8. Is Windows Essential strong enough to be an handle viruses , trojan and mallware?

Is Windows Essential strong enough to be an handle viruses , trojan and mallware?: some time ago I found the client with the case of the rectot file encrypted and really made it difficult for us with documents that couldn't be opened. Is there a solution for that in the future...
  9. I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...: so about yesterday when i was sitting on my pc i got a ping from avira saying that it had quartined a suspicious file that looked like a CryptoMiner.gen so thinking nothing of it i did the rational thing and told avira to remove the malware and then went on with my day an...
  10. I created a video on Windows Essentials Movie Maker (the one that's supposedly no longer...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I created a video on Windows Essentials Movie Maker (the one that's supposedly no longer...: two days ago and now it's gone along with the entire program. Is this even possible? The logo was a piece of rolled up film, like it was before, so what happened? It was the only completely free (no catches or that sort of thing) video maker left. Those supposedly "free...