Windows 10: Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting

Discus and support Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a chronic problem with my desktop computer rebooting on shutdown. So I took a look in the event viewer and found a couple of events marked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nine09, Mar 9, 2016.

1. nine09 Win User

Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting

I have had a chronic problem with my desktop computer rebooting on shutdown.
    So I took a look in the event viewer and found a couple of events marked as Errors.
    Now I am not sure what is causing the reboot loop but I figured I might as well try to just go through the event viewer list and solve each event one by one to see if that has any effect.

I have attached exports of the event logs so you can download them and view them. The zip contains different formats but the content is the same.

These are divided in two types of errors: DNS Client Events 1012 and Service Control Manager 7031. Here is a list:

1. Event ID 7031
    The Sync Host_51255 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. Solved ✓

2. Event ID 7031
    The Contact Data_51255 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. Solved ✓

Event ID 7031
    The User Data Storage_51255 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. Solved ✓

4. Event ID 7031The User Data Access_51255 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. Solved ✓

5. Event ID 1012
    There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file. Not solved x

6. Event ID 1012
    There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file. Not solved x

So my question is: how can I solve these problems in the event viewer?

UPDATE: I have solved some of the problems and now my computer is not rebooting on shutdown. But the event regarding local hosts is still a problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1tfnaphnq...0Logs.zip?dl=0

:)

nine09, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows Store

Hi,

We can look into the Even viewer logs to diagnose the issue. Event Viewer is a tool that shows detailed information about significant events on your computer. Event Viewer can be helpful when troubleshooting problems in Windows. To open Event Viewer type
    Event Viewer in the search box and click View event logs.

Vinod Archak, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Resourceful, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting

1. Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Event Viewer troubleshooting

2. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 14. 11. 2023 19:34:18 Event ID: 129 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-K4FLHO8 Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event Xml:...
  3. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. Windows Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer: Hi, I was wondering if the Windows Event Viewer Process alerts if it has failed. More specifically, what if the feature that actually generates the logs fails on a windows pc? I understand that crash dumps after a BSOD still would be drawn from the same logging place. Does...
  6. Windows Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Event Viewer: So I had an issue with my audio and went through the event viewer, and found a critical issue that said: "Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 9/29/2020 7:58:57 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Description: The...
  7. windows event viewer

windows event viewer: I just built my first gaming computer and i experienced my first bsod a couple of days ago while playing gears of war 5. i went to the event viewer and noticed while i was playing, every second, the event viewer was created this warning over and over event 51 an error was...
  8. event viewer

event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  9. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns client events error 1012