Windows 10: Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone...

Discus and support Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After several hours on my pc i open a windows explorer window and this comes up; [img] Now if i open up a new explorer window on top of that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dek, Nov 6, 2015.

1. DEK
    dek Win User

Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone...

After several hours on my pc i open a windows explorer window and this comes up;

Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone... [​IMG]

Now if i open up a new explorer window on top of that this comes up;

Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone... [​IMG]

If you notice the icons are gone, if i close both windows and open a new one it starts over from the top.

Other issue is if i click on properties on files like images no property window comes up, i bet there is more but this just happen an hour ago. Everything works apart from that, bluetooth headset, games, videos, browsers, email etc.

thanks

and... windows search doesnt work, doesnt turn out any results even if i search for something like notepad

:)

2. placebow Win User

System Z

All of a sudden System Z popped up on my computer. Now it is gone but my icon for my CD/DVD drive is gone. Might this indicate that my drive is bad and needs replacing?

placebow, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Lost task bar icons and user setting on reboot

Now when I login, it give me a message "Preparing Windows" and then my taskbar icons are gone, all of my files are gone and my emails are gone. Everything has to be reset up as if my first time. I can find my files on the hard drive, I just can't login
    to that account

RogerCrabill, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Renamed to File Explorer in Win8 and later. Which Build of Win10 are you running? Is it the released 10240 or one of the later preview builds?

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  5. DEK
    dek Win User

6. Berton Win User
    Did it happen after you rebooted which cleared out anything left in RAM/Random Access Memory, give it a fresh start?

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  7. DEK
    dek Win User
    In the middle of the session, tried rebooting, hooking cables...

Thema:

1. Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone... - Similar Threads - Explorer acting drives

2. Wifi Icon gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Icon gone: I had my Windows Updated last night 11th October 2023, but after the update Wifi icon was gone after the restart including the WLAN Driver in the Device Manager even if I tried using the view hidden drive option. Already tried other troubleshooting methods such as BIOS...
  3. Windows 11 dektop, explorer and taskbar icons gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dektop, explorer and taskbar icons gone: My taskbar icons show up as a default program and all explorer/desktop icons are just gone, it's only text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dektop-explorer-and-taskbar-icons-gone/c6816bef-7b48-4a89-bbb5-976238ccd231
  4. Windows 11 dektop, explorer and taskbar icons gone

Windows 11 dektop, explorer and taskbar icons gone: My taskbar icons show up as a default program and all explorer/desktop icons are just gone, it's only text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dektop-explorer-and-taskbar-icons-gone/c6816bef-7b48-4a89-bbb5-976238ccd231
  5. Icons in Pictures are gone?

Icons in Pictures are gone?: Went to new paid version of MS a few days ago and now, all my folder icons are missing. This is what I see. Tried several things I found online to no avail. Desperately need my icons, not these white boxes!...
  6. Icons are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons are gone: Idk why but my computer icons are gone in my taskbar could you please help me fix this. https://gyazo.com/021507abdbe1d42f89104c0f23fe88ab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-gone/d570cfa1-dd36-4e99-8896-fccbe179f3bc
  7. File Explorer GONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer GONE: So I was just trying to delete some stuff, then suddenly my computer crashed. When I reopened it, and logged in, there was just a blank screen. I opened Task Manager, then found out File Explorer was not there. I tried running it from Task Manager, but it says the file can't...
  8. Gmail icon is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail icon is gone: My gmail icon is gone from my desktop. I have no idea what version I have. Can anyone help? Urgent need to get email!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/gmail-icon-is-gone/ce18068a-3493-4a9b-8159-dabc6b835a19
  9. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...
  10. All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop: Hi all, On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing: [img] This also includes thumbnails, etc: [img] I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect. Any suggestions much...