Windows 10: Windows explorer and other odd problems

Discus and support Windows explorer and other odd problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am experiencing some very odd problems which have got me stumped. The best example I can give is one I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pk1209, Aug 15, 2015.

1. pk1209 Win User

Windows explorer and other odd problems

Hi all,

Upgraded from Win7 to Win 10 and am experiencing some very odd problems which have got me stumped.

The best example I can give is one I'm having right now, if I try to copy a large file between drives, the file copy starts and after 8% the transfer speed drops to 0 and stays there.

After that, windows explorer pretty much stops working and I have to restart the PC.

Another example is unraring files, it'll stop at a certain %, windows explorer will stop responding and I have to restart.

So, the PC is pretty much useless now, but before I roll back, I want to see if I can't figure this out, seems like there should be an obvious fix here.

Some specs:
    Asus P7Z68 Gen 3
    Core i5 2500
    8gb RAM

I'm thinking it could be to do with sata controller perhaps? Hoping someone here can help!

Thanks,

PK

:)

pk1209, Aug 15, 2015

2. System, internet explorer and other problems

Hi Sevvalc,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that system is slow after upgrading to Windows 10.

• When you say some apps, what apps are you referring to?
    • What happens, when you open Internet Explorer?
    I suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter and check.

How to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select view all on the top left corner.
    • Click System Maintenance, follow onscreen instructions.
    Also, try the steps provided in the link below.

Free up drive space in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Try resetting Internet Explorer and check.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 15, 2015
  3. şevvalc Win User
    System, internet explorer and other problems

Since i installed windows 10, my computer system has been too slow. Some apps, such as İnternet explorer, have failed, too. How can i solve this problem?

şevvalc, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Windows explorer and other odd problems

1. Windows explorer and other odd problems - Similar Threads - explorer odd problems

2. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  3. Odd problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with shortcut: Hi PC Spec as per Computer 1 (desktop) I have created a shortcut to an elevated command prompt which I wish to pin to the start menu. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but here's the problem. When I double-click on the desktop shortcut (not yet deleted this), it...
  4. Odd Windows login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd Windows login problem: I've run into this on several computers recently. People bring me computers to work on from time to time, and often they have MS Accounts with passwords. To automate things like Windows updates, I set the computer to autologin (storing the password in the registry as...
  5. Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very odd problem that seems to be related to Windows Explorer?: I know the title isn't the best, but I wanted to keep it relatively short. Rarely, when I'm working on my computer, my mouse starts jumping around the screen while clicking like a absolute maniac for approximately 10-15 seconds and afterward I can't click anywhere except...
  6. Windows explorer and other weird problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer and other weird problems.: So within that past day I have been having strange issues. 1. Each time I open a new windows explorer window it starts searching with the green bar loading all the way up to the right side and most of the time not finishing but sometimes it does I think? I disabled the...
  7. Odd Windows Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Odd Windows Activation Problem: Hi! I have an odd activation problem. I built a back up windows 10 machine about a year ago. At that time when I bought the parts, I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home. Windows was activated no problem, then the machine has been off line and idle since just after it was...
  8. Windows Explorer behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer behaves oddly: When I double click on a drive or directory, normally Explorer shows the contents. Now it displays a message this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  9. Odd windows explorer refresh issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd windows explorer refresh issue: I wasn't sure which area to post this. I've been seeing a rather annoying issue where I'll have a windows explorer window open on one of two monitors and I'll have highlighted file 2200 out of 6000 and on the other screen I'll be actively typing in info into a spreadsheet...
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...