Windows 10: Windows Explorer Can't Access NAS Storage

Discus and support Windows Explorer Can't Access NAS Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a WD EX2Ultra NAS on my home network. Everything worked perfectly until a recent Windows 10 update to Version 1703 Build 15063.540 on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hawkeye62, Sep 7, 2017.

1. hawkeye62 Win User

Windows Explorer Can't Access NAS Storage

I have a WD EX2Ultra NAS on my home network. Everything worked perfectly until a recent Windows 10 update to Version 1703 Build 15063.540 on my laptop. Now my Windows 10 laptop cannot access the HDs in the NAS. But, my wife's Windows 7 desktop still has access to the NAS HDs.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regard, Jim

:)

hawkeye62, Sep 7, 2017
  2. James Van Win User

Win 10 File Explorer Can't Access NAS HDs

Just some further data. When I open File Explorer the NAS doesn't show up anywhere. But, if I click on Network in the left window, the NAS shows up in the right window as Network Storage. But, clicking on the icon only takes me to the NAS web page. No access
    to the HDs on the NAS.

Regards, Jim

James Van, Sep 7, 2017
  3. Network problem with additional IP address

I have a networking problem while using Windows 10 and NAS storage unit

When one IP address is set to Windows 10 home I can access NAS storage unit without any problems. When I add one more IP address NAS storage is visible on the network but it is showing an error – PATH NOT FOUND.

With the order PING of the NAS storage unit the address is responsive.

favoriinformatika, Sep 7, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Did you try remapping the drive in File Explorer [or the older Windows Explorer]? I have 2 WDC NAS drives on my Router and have had to do that in the past, both with Wired and Wireless connections.

Berton, Sep 8, 2017
  5. hawkeye62 Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I will give remapping a try.

Regards, Jim

hawkeye62, Sep 8, 2017
  6. hawkeye62 Win User
    Well that didn't work. The remap program couldn't find the NAS.

Regards, Jim

hawkeye62, Sep 8, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @hawkeye62

That would likely be because (after the wannacry atack used it to propagate) SMB1 was turned off for security reasons on your build 15063.540, probably by a recent update. I've just checked my system and it's been turned off for me too. The Windows 7 system is likely to still be using SMB1. Checking the manual for your NAS it would appear that by default SMB2 is turned off. Try turning SMB2 on for your NAS.

Bree, Sep 8, 2017
  8. hawkeye62 Win User

Thanks for your reply! Still no joy in Mudville. SMB2 is selected. I even tried setting it to SMB1 and rebooting. And rebooted the laptop. I keep thinking that there must be some simple configuration that is causing the problem, but I can't find it.

Regards, Jim

hawkeye62, Sep 8, 2017
  9. hawkeye62 Win User
    OK, never mind. I found a WD app that lets me access the HDs on the NAS.

Regards Jim

hawkeye62, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Can't Access NAS Storage - Similar Threads - Explorer Can't Access

2. Can't Access my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access my NAS drive: I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend Please advice Regards Anders...
  3. Access files on NAS-drive through windows file explorer

Access files on NAS-drive through windows file explorer: Hi! Throughout the years I’ve had several different NAS-drives from different manufacturers connected to my home network, and on my computer which had windows 7 installed on it, I could always access all the files on my drives by simply clicking on the drive in the network...
  4. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro: This is a strange fault as it happened all of a sudden, I shut down the PC one night when everything was fine, then the following day after bootup I couldn't access the NAS drives although they do show in Windows File Explorer, I just get the error 0x80070035 The network path...
  5. Creating a pair in SyncToy that includes a NAS (network accessible storage)

Creating a pair in SyncToy that includes a NAS (network accessible storage): Prior to my laptop moving from win 7 to Win 10, I had no problem creating a SyncToy pair consisting of a NAS (a WD My Cloud) and an external HDD. Now when I attempt to create a pair, and thus browse the list of folders, the NAS is not visible in the list. The current version...
  6. Can't access NAS files in file explorer

Can't access NAS files in file explorer: Hi, I have a small home office with two computers. I decided to invest in a NAS so that the two computers have access to the same files. The newer computer, a lenovo AIO, had no problem connecting to the nas through a network switch which both computers are connected to,...
  7. Can't access NAS without internet

Can't access NAS without internet: My access to my Synology NAS is not working anymore since I have moved. At my new place, I don't have internet (yet) and it looks like that is tripping off Windows (maybe it increased security settings???). I have my folders mapped, I used to be able to access my NAS folders...
  8. Can't see NAS drives in windows explorer

Can't see NAS drives in windows explorer: I recently purchased a second WD network drive. Before I installed it I could always access the first NAS's files through windows explorer under the network folder. I don't know if there was a recent update to Win 10, but the day after I installed the second NAS drive I...
  9. Can't access NAS by name

Can't access NAS by name: Yesterday I did a clean (re)install of Windows 10. All seemed ok, but today I cannot access a NAS disk by name. I can access it by IP address, and nslookup correctly resolve both name and addresses. But if I try to access \\MyBookLive (I know, - a cleverly original name.) - I...
  10. Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer

Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer: I have 2 NAS drives connected to my network, one is a Buffalo NAS and the other is a LaCie NAS. When I try to access the NAS on my Windows 10 Pro PCs, I get a message stating Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found. I can access the management console for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access mycloud through windows explorer

2. a WD app that lets me see and manipulate files on the HDs in the NAS

3. win 10 cant see nas in file explorer

4. network attached storage não aparece no explorer,
  5. file explorer how to access a NAS storage,
  6. access synology nas from windows explorer,
  7. cant access nas disk from explorer,
  8. win10 file explorer nas,
  9. windows explorer ip storage,
  10. windows explorer nas,
  11. file explorer sees synology nas but cannot access nas webpage,