Windows 10: windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???

Discus and support windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,forum. When I right click on any drive my screen blinks and win.ex. closes! This just started today for now obvious reason. Anyone who have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ddmeltzer8, Aug 11, 2018.

1. windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???

Hi,forum.

When I right click on any drive my screen blinks and win.ex. closes!

This just started today for now obvious reason.

Anyone who have experienced anything similar?

Thanks for all help.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    right click crashes explorer

I'm thinking you have a program installed on your machine that integrates itself into Windows shell that is messed up. An example would be a program like imageburn or Catalyst control center that puts itself into the "right-click list". If you've installed any programs recently, try uninstalling them.

erocker, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???

1. windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive??? - Similar Threads - explorer closes right

2. Why does any window close when I press , Left click and Right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does any window close when I press , Left click and Right click: Sometimes I play video games when I aim, I press right click and then left click to shoot. Soon after the window closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-any-window-close-when-i-press-left-click/a4426fa5-f0c3-4acd-8410-3d151a521abe
  3. Why does any window close when I press , Left click and Right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does any window close when I press , Left click and Right click: Sometimes I play video games when I aim, I press right click and then left click to shoot. Soon after the window closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-any-window-close-when-i-press-left-click/a4426fa5-f0c3-4acd-8410-3d151a521abe
  4. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  5. right click in win explorer closes it

in Windows 10 Support
    right click in win explorer closes it: If I right click a file or folder to rename etc . Win explorer closes ? 169102
  6. Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes: I tought it was a bug for new version of Windows 10 ver 2004, and then i tried to downgrade my Windows to 1909 ver, but the same problem still occur....
  7. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes: When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right click on the right side everything is ok from event viewer i can see that the problem is shell32.dll this is the error log...
  8. Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon: Hello, When i right click on any icon on desktop, on any download or right click on any drive, it loads then it says Not respoding and restarts explorer. Any fix?...
  9. Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders: Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders - The solutions provided before from some other users are also not working....
  10. Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window: This just started recently, when I open file explorer , and right click on any drive, C, D, and click on "priorities" it immediately closes the File explorer window. I can open any folders ok, but can't get priorities to open on the Drives.*Mad 36969

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click on drive and closes window