Windows 10: Windows explorer crash

Discus and support Windows explorer crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! Two days ago, I have upgraded my windows 7 HP probook 470 Go to windows 10, using media creation tool (iso). After the complete installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by andreoum, Aug 7, 2015.

1. andreoum Win User

Windows explorer crash

Hello!
    Two days ago, I have upgraded my windows 7 HP probook 470 Go to windows 10, using media creation tool (iso). After the complete installation and from the first boot to the new desktop, the windows explorer crashed. I have this problem since then. It is unable to restart explorer using task manager.
    The only way to run an App is using task manager.
    Please note that when restarting windows, explorer seems fine for about 3-4 min and then crashes.
    I have downloaded all available drivers from HP and windows updates. The problem still exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marios

:)

andreoum, Aug 7, 2015
  2. StuMac52 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing and Restarting On All 4 Of My Computers

I began using Explorer++ because File Explorer is near unusable. Unfortunately, it wasn't perfect either because it still caused explorer to crash when Explorer++ would use File Explorer or shell functions. When I did a re-install of Windows 10, I did not
    install Explorer++ until File Explorer started failing. For test purposes, I've delete Explorer++ it and cleaned up the registry (there's no install/uninstall app).

When I open "Recent Items" in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows, explorer crashes.

In Safe Mode, opening Recent Items does not cause explorer to crash however, it still crashes when creation a folder and still shows double libraries etc.

StuMac52, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Rodrigus Win User

Windows explorer crash

Exact same problem, only that mine freezes for about 30 seconds after doing almost any action. And then goes back to normal

Rodrigus, Aug 13, 2015
  5. andreoum Win User
    Hello,

I have found the problem. I have uninstalled IDT Audio driver (from the Program and Features). All back to normal now!

andreoum, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Rodrigus Win User
    Cool. I have nothing like it though, still dunno what might be causing the issue.

Rodrigus, Aug 13, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Rodrigus Win User

Windows explorer crash

Awesome, thanks for your help, it seems like it was some of the stuff I had working with explorer, maybe some pdf creator (phantom foxit) or some nero plugin, but anyway it is fixed now *Biggrin

Rodrigus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer crash

1. Windows explorer crash - Similar Threads - explorer crash

2. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  3. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  4. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  5. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  6. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

8. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

9. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

10. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...