Windows 10: Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, This problem arises whenever I click on the Task View. Explorer crashes and closes all its windows. I looked into problem results and I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LankaBhedi, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10

Hello,

This problem arises whenever I click on the Task View. Explorer crashes and closes all its windows. I looked into problem results and I found this

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎27-‎08-‎2018 16:26

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.17134.165
    Application Timestamp: 4031a9f8
    Fault Module Name: combase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.112
    Fault Module Timestamp: fad18dc5
    Exception Code: 80040154
    Exception Offset: 0000000000010de0
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.100
    Locale ID: 16393
    Additional Information 1: 4188
    Additional Information 2: 4188b74fe929b74b3239ef8f5bfffc9e
    Additional Information 3: 8c17
    Additional Information 4: 8c170fd7b7410589bb4c6a820cf8e69d

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 8a1a8aa4170d03d6a2560a0ef1686d83 (1321254599975792003)

This is happening every time I click on it. I want to tell that I was messing around in the Task Manager deleting things and in the Regedit also I delete some keys because after a Windows Update my Explorer became buggy and there was a personalized settings error.

I do everything in my Windows but just this Task View is not working. I had run sfc /scannow command and everything was fine there too.

:)

LankaBhedi, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Harvy Win User

Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10

1. Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Explorer crashing Task

2. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every time I launch Task View, Windows Explorer crashes.Here is the entry in the Windows Application log:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x2885d2b8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp:...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking on Task View: Hi,Windows Explorer is crashing randomly when I click on the TaskView button in the TaskBar. I already found a topic here saying I should create a user mode dump file, and I did. However I cannot analyze it myself.Here is the dump file:...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every few times I run Task View, Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. This does cause some issues, ie. shortcuts disappear from the notification tray, tabs get moved, etc.Below is a link to the dmp file created. I'm not certain how to read this. Does this identify a...
  8. Explorer.EXE occasionally crashes when Task View button is pressed.

Explorer.EXE occasionally crashes when Task View button is pressed.: As the title says. Usually when I click the Task View button it works fine, but sometimes Explorer.EXE crashes and the taskbar reloads. I have tried a clean install of Windows and it is still present. Would someone be able to help me troubleshoot this? I found the...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: About every ~10th time I launch Task View, Windows Explorer crashes. It is more frequent if I have more windows open on a particular desktop. Here is the entry in the Windows Application log: Faulting application name: Explorer.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1007, time stamp:...
  10. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task view crashes explorer

2. task view crashing windows 10

3. taskview button crashes

4. clicling task view causes crash,
  5. explorer.exe crashes when opening taskview,
  6. windows 10 task view crash explorer,
  7. explorer.exe crash task view,
  8. Windows 10 Task View crash File Explorer,
  9. Windows 10 explorer crash on Task View,
  10. task view explorer crash dcomp.dll,
  11. using task view causes explorer to crash,