Windows 10: Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D

Discus and support Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Everytime i click on WINDOWS+D (Or I click on the shortcut from windows toolbar on the right end), my computer freezes and my windows explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mathieu Desmarais MD, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D

Hello,

Everytime i click on WINDOWS+D (Or I click on the shortcut from windows toolbar on the right end), my computer freezes and my windows explorer will close and then the screen will unfreeze.

Is there any way I can fix this?

:)

Mathieu Desmarais MD, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D :p

Frick, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D

1. Windows Explorer freezes and closes after i do WINDOWS+D - Similar Threads - Explorer freezes closes

2. Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark: Hi everyone, I'm new to the community, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to solve this problem. windows 11 freezes after exiting a game or a benchmark like unigine heaven, the mouse works but it's as if everything goes at one frame per second the backgrounds change in slow...
  3. Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freeze after closing game or benchmark: Hi everyone, I'm new to the community, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to solve this problem. windows 11 freezes after exiting a game or a benchmark like unigine heaven, the mouse works but it's as if everything goes at one frame per second the backgrounds change in slow...
  4. What do I do if I accidentally delete windows explorer and then closed my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if I accidentally delete windows explorer and then closed my computer?: When I try to log in it says I don’t have a pin and my finger print doesn’t work anymore and I’ve tried everything to fix it and nothing fixes it....
  5. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?: Today my Windows 10 just added a SECOND status bar to Windows Explorer, underneath the first status bar. See bottom of picture, showing the new status bar underneath the original status bar both say "0 items":...
  6. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?: Today my Windows 10 just added a SECOND status bar to Windows Explorer, underneath the first status bar. See bottom of picture, showing the new status bar underneath the original status bar both say "0 items":...
  7. How do I close the SECOND status bar in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. To Do on Windows closes after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To Do on Windows closes after launching: Hi, I've had this problem for a few years, but no resolution so far even after logging a support ticket with Microsoft.When I launch To Do on my PC, it starts to load and then shuts down after a few seconds. It works perfectly on Android and I'm sure it's not a Windows issue...
  9. To Do on Windows closes after launching

To Do on Windows closes after launching: Hi, I've had this problem for a few years, but no resolution so far even after logging a support ticket with Microsoft.When I launch To Do on my PC, it starts to load and then shuts down after a few seconds. It works perfectly on Android and I'm sure it's not a Windows issue...
  10. Windows Explorer Freezes after wakeup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Freezes after wakeup: Not every time, but occasionally. The desktop is visible and the mouse pointer moves but no activity can be started. That is, clicking on an icon produces no results. After a minute or so a box pops up saying something like "an application has stopped working. Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer locks up then internet explorer closes