Windows 10: Windows Explorer has become unusable.

Discus and support Windows Explorer has become unusable. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am almost unable to make any use of Windows Explorer, because the size of its text and icons has shrunk to such minute proportions it cannot be read,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jan 29, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Windows Explorer has become unusable.

I am almost unable to make any use of Windows Explorer, because the size of its text and icons has shrunk to such minute proportions it cannot be read, even when using a magnifier. It is not about text size in Settings, text is unreadable however large it is 'set.'

I do not know how this came about, though I have uninstalled one suspect app.
    How can I correct this, can I repair or even reinstall Windows Explorer itself? It is greatly inhibiting my use of the PC, which has the Fall update installed.

:)

clayto, Jan 29, 2018
  2. CPPCCPPC Win User

Slow explorer

Since the creators update, internet explorer 11 has become slow and almost unusable. Edge works well. Is this a deliberate ploy by Microsoft to push Edge?

CPPCCPPC, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Windows 10 has become unuseable

Hi,

Just to verify, aside from setting up a new user account and upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, what other specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? What version of Windows do you have?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Ar Rom, Jan 29, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

What was the "suspect app" that you uninstalled then?

5. Can you post a screenshot?

PolarNettles, Jan 29, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Is it different
    a. after a clean boot
    b. in Safe Mode
    c. if you create a new user for test purposes?

Do you mean text in other programs appears larger? Please post a screenshot of file explorer and another windows program e.g. Notepad, Wordpad for comparison. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 29, 2018
  7. pepanee Win User
    I don't know about what you mean by the text has shrunk. But what I noticed that, in general, text sizes HAVE shrunk over time since Windows XP. It's kind of strange how that happened. Yet there is an app that lets you change text fonts and sizes. You should check it out:

Windows Explorer has become unusable. [​IMG]

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer has become unusable. - Similar Threads - Explorer has become

2. Windows 11 freezes and becomes completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes and becomes completely unusable: I was playing Valorant once with my friend when the whole screen froze and the sound was stuck too. I tried pressing keys and clicking mouse buttons and at the end hard restarted the pc. It worked fine for some time until it started to freeze again and that quite frequently....
  3. My PC has become completely unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has become completely unusable.: So i've completely resetted my computer on January 27, 2023, and when the reset completes i complete the whole new computer setup guide. But when i am allowed access to my computer. it all of a sudden becomes completely unusable. The mouse barely moves it's like its lagging,...
  4. Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable: I have an intermittent problem with explorer window Explorer NOT Internet Explorer.It has happened on two PCs now, one becoming unusable.I suspected a virus, but none can be detected by any scanner I have used Kaspersky, Acronis Office, FixMe Stick.I have to keep a task...
  5. Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable

Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable: I have an intermittent problem with explorer window Explorer NOT Internet Explorer.It has happened on two PCs now, one becoming unusable.I suspected a virus, but none can be detected by any scanner I have used Kaspersky, Acronis Office, FixMe Stick.I have to keep a task...
  6. Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 has become unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has become unusable: I have a simple machine that is only used for a few things at home. It has been very stable and reliable until lately. I started having problems end of October 2021 in the following order: 1 cannot print to a printer shared by another machine at home, 2 Excel 2010 and Word I...
  8. Windows 10 has become unusable

Windows 10 has become unusable: I have a simple machine that is only used for a few things at home. It has been very stable and reliable until lately. I started having problems end of October 2021 in the following order: 1 cannot print to a printer shared by another machine at home, 2 Excel 2010 and Word I...
  9. Windows 10 has become unusable

10. My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable

My PC has suddenly become so slow it's unusable: So my PC was running fine up until last week. All of a sudden I went to turn it on, when it starts up it is too slow and laggy to do anything. I can't even open my settings. Is this a Virus or is there some other problem? My specs are still fairly up to date and my storage...