Windows 10: Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links

Discus and support Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys, Not sure how to describe, but will do my best. So i rebuilt my PC yesterday after fitting a new HDD. Basically previously on a physically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jvenables, Jun 23, 2016.

1. jvenables Win User

Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links

Guys,

Not sure how to describe, but will do my best.

So i rebuilt my PC yesterday after fitting a new HDD. Basically previously on a physically different HDD I had all my "My Documents", "Pictures", "Music","Downloads" & "Videos" folders in a onedrive folder which then sync'd automatically with onedrive.

So last night I right click, properties, Move the existing above folders which were pointing to C:\Users\Blah to the onedrive locations that already existing on my D:\ Drive. Easy Peasy...

But on the left hand panel of windows explorer, I now have 2 shortcuts for each of the above, all the folders are pointing to the D:\Drive as I would have expected apart from the fact that there is now 2 my documents, 2 pictures...etc..etc..

Is there a way to tidy this up and bring it back down to just 1 shortcut for each folder

:)

jvenables, Jun 23, 2016
  2. mklensten Win User

Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

I have the same problem - However, if I close Windows Explorer and reopen it, only one "Documents" folder exists under "This PC" and all of the duplicate "Documents" folders are gone. If I leave Windows Explorer running, the duplicate "Documents" folders
    start reappearing.

mklensten, Jun 23, 2016
  3. cedial39 Win User
    Folder link duplication in Win 10 File Explorer

I just did a clean Win 10 desktop install, and relocated the Documents and Music folders to my D: drive by right clicking on Documents and Music under This PC in the File Explorer sidebar. I selected Properties -> Location, typed the desired path into the
    text box, and clicked Apply. The change was appliedproperly.

When files are added to or deleted from these relocated folders their names are replicated in the left File Explorer panel of all open File Explorer instances. These links are replicated for as many times as there are changes to the respective folders. These
    duplications are not propagated to newer instances of File Explorer that are opened. This is true without regard to whether the "bad" instances have all been closed out or not.

It is clear that this is an unreported bug in File Explorer. Is there a fix or a workaround available for this annoying, user confusing problem?

Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links [​IMG]

cedial39, Jun 23, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

After a few restarts all of that should be back to normal.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links - Similar Threads - Explorer Help Duplicate

2. Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11: I am using Windows 11 and in File Explorer I am seeing duplicate folder names under each of my library folders.This I am finding very confusing and I don't know if this is normal or an error. I am using a new computer and I do not what to transfer my files from the old system...
  3. Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11: I am using Windows 11 and in File Explorer I am seeing duplicate folder names under each of my library folders.This I am finding very confusing and I don't know if this is normal or an error. I am using a new computer and I do not what to transfer my files from the old system...
  4. Win11 Tabbed Explorer - Duplicate Links from 'Home'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Tabbed Explorer - Duplicate Links from 'Home': I am running a fresh install of Windows 11 in a VBox VM and I just installed the new update that enables Tabs in File Explorer for Win11, but I am having some issues with it. I had the same issues with a full metal install, but I ended up disabling 'Home' and Quick Access, to...
  5. Win11 Tabbed Explorer - Duplicate Links from 'Home'

Win11 Tabbed Explorer - Duplicate Links from 'Home': I am running a fresh install of Windows 11 in a VBox VM and I just installed the new update that enables Tabs in File Explorer for Win11, but I am having some issues with it. I had the same issues with a full metal install, but I ended up disabling 'Home' and Quick Access, to...
  6. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  7. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  8. Duplicate folders in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in my File Explorer: I know this had been covered long ago. It is impossible for me to find that particular thread. Would someone please tell me how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? Thank you. [img] 168975
  9. Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]OneDrive is regarded as one of the leading cloud storage services. It is most used by the enterprise bundled along with the Office 365 subscription -although, there are many users who use it for their personal accounts as well. One [...] This post Duplicate...
  10. I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer: One way or the other I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer when I do a 'File->Open" Maybe it has to do with using a tablet and Outlook for Android and OneDrive on Android? Or having additional 2 VM's (with OneDrive)? I don't know... But... what I don't know...