Windows 10: Windows explorer icon does not appear on thr taskbar.

Discus and support Windows explorer icon does not appear on thr taskbar. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I connect an usb flash drive to usb port, the windows explorer icon appears on the task bar of my windows 10 pro and I can safely remove the same.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kbthakur, Aug 15, 2016.

1. kbthakur Win User

Windows explorer icon does not appear on thr taskbar.

When I connect an usb flash drive to usb port, the windows explorer icon appears on the task bar of my windows 10 pro and I can safely remove the same. But when I connect my android tab or other smart phones, the windows explorer icon does not appear on the taskbar. Therefore I have to forcefully remove them. Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

:)

kbthakur, Aug 15, 2016

2. Battery Icon on Taskbar DOES NOT APPEAR

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

Try toggling the icon off as if you planned to leave it that way and then toggle it back on.

And other methods :

Fix: Battery Icon Missing From Windows 10/8/7 Taskbar

http://www.intowindows.com/fix-battery-icon-mis...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Battery Icon on Taskbar DOES NOT APPEAR

Please answer ALL of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions by number, preferably without quoting my post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Have you ever replaced the battery?

2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

6. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

================================================

Marking one or more replies as ANSWER at any point will officially close your thread (and stop the email alerts). HELPFUL votes very much appreciated at anytime. Thank you.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, do you mean 'explorer icon' = yellow folder for File explorer.. or do you mean the Safely remove icon in the system tray usually on the right?

dalchina, Aug 15, 2016
  5. kbthakur Win User
    It is not file explorer. You may say it 'usb safely remove' which is located on the right of the task bar and in the system tray. You may look at the taskbar settings for its real name.

kbthakur, Aug 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Private Win User
    There's a difference between Media Transfer Protocol and USB Mass Storage Devices.

Android USB Connections Explained: MTP, PTP, and USB Mass Storage

Normally, you can just pull the cable off.

Private, Aug 15, 2016
  8. kbthakur Win User

kbthakur, Aug 15, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    The important question is whether the device is treated as having memory and Windows has direct control of the format of its data.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows explorer icon does not appear on thr taskbar. - Similar Threads - explorer icon does

2. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  3. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  4. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.755Right click on "Start" -> Task manager --- Task manager launches with no icon on taskbarIf I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Search the Task manager and launch it, then icon appears as it should be....
  6. Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar

Task manager icon does not appear on taskbar: Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.755Right click on "Start" -> Task manager --- Task manager launches with no icon on taskbarIf I use Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Search the Task manager and launch it, then icon appears as it should be....
  7. Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons

Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons: I got a problem with windows 11 after the latest update where all icons on the taskbar are hidden and all app not working correctly and I should wait about 5 min or less then open Task manager and the trying ending Explorer.exe and reopen it through Task manager and all...
  8. File explorer does not open - appears only as an icon on taskbar but will not maximise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer does not open - appears only as an icon on taskbar but will not maximise: For about 2 weeks the File Explorer will not function - regardless of from where I try it, will only appear as small icon on Taskbar. The icon will not maximise though if mouse hoovers over it opens in miniature (but no good). If I go into Word or PDF I can pen the relevant...
  9. windows explorer icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows explorer icon on taskbar: The windows explorer icon (allowing safe removal of thumb drives, etc.) has disappeared from my taskbar, even though in settings it shows that it is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/c354278b-4396-4c59-80d6-340d11e0f49a
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer does not appear on taskbar