Windows 10: Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets

Discus and support Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We recently upgraded from windows 7 computers to windows 10 computers. At this moment the windows explorer reacts differently than in windows 7. with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SWVermeulen, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets

We recently upgraded from windows 7 computers to windows 10 computers.
    At this moment the windows explorer reacts differently than in windows 7.
    with windows 7 I never had problems with the windows explorer resetting the filters

this is how I use the windows explorer a lot:
    I use the windows explorer in details view to modify/open files.
    I put a filter on date modified, because it is a large list of files for every project I have to modify.
    I always make sure that I do not see the files I modified that day, so I know which files I still have to do.

Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets [​IMG]

My problem is that this filter disappears/resets regularly.*Mad

Actions I figured out that make the filter disappear/reset are:
    - opening a program
    - opening a file from the filtered windows explorer view
    - opening a file form a different windows explorer (not always)
    - lock screen/background: windows spotlight/slideshow refresh/ picture change

Actions I have taken:
    - lock screen/background: removed all auto update picture/slide shows.

that helped a bit know it won't reset when you are just looking at the files structure.

Any Ideas how to disable the reset of the filter?

:)

SWVermeulen, Apr 18, 2018

2. Videos+Music Bug

The problem is caused by the Windows Media Player 11. I synchronized by hand and its ok now. Its drm free and ripped music. 320 mp3 tags edited in windows media player and with explorer's details plane

at the begining my content displayed right and than everything dissapears except the songs lists.. so you can't filter by artists and albums just a plane songlist works the others becomes empty...

TheEndlessNameless, Apr 18, 2018
  3. The new Windows 10 does NOT use the Restricted Sites zone

Hi Taff,

Are you using Edge or Internet Explorer?

I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

If you are using Edge:

To change SmartScreen Filter settings, go to More actions > Settings, and under Advanced settings, select View advanced Settings, and then, under Privacy and services, turn the Help protect me from malicious sites and downloads
    with SmartScreen Filter setting on or off.

You can refer the links below for more information about Edge:

Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets

1. Windows explorer in details view: Set filter dissapears/resets - Similar Threads - explorer details view

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  6. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  7. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  8. Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details: In Windows 10, my Windows Explorer (File Manger) doesn't save the view details from one folder (directory) to another. When I select the details I want to show, such as Name, Date modified, Attributes, Size, etc., those settings aren't save when I go to a different folder....
  9. GPS data in Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS data in Explorer details view: Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed available in the Properties Tab but it is cumbersome to open it every time for each photo to check. If it was listed in such a...
  10. Set DefaultFolder view to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Set DefaultFolder view to Details: I'm still confused as to how I can set my default folder view to "details" globally in windows 10. Sorry, I must be thick headed. 70218