Windows 10: Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis

Discus and support Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, since upgrading from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro (x64) I have noticed some weird bugs right off the bat - most of them seem related to Windows Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crimsonnight, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis

Hi all, since upgrading from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro (x64) I have noticed some weird bugs right off the bat - most of them seem related to Windows Explorer. For example, once every couple of hours, when I'm interacting with a folder, it'll start to rapidly flash and I'm unable to interact with it for about 30 seconds, but afterwards it's fine. Another strange occurrence is that context menus are often missing items, or even the entire list: http://puu.sh/k571m/ee0fbb2070.png (the items are still there, just invisible). It was a clean install to an SSD drive and I've only installed key drivers and software; I am also running MalwareBytes on top of Defender. I'd really prefer not to have to start from scratch again if possible, especially if the issues could reoccur, so have included the results of my CBS.log (sfc /scannow): http://puu.sh/kk3kY/4449b7d6c0.log. If someone could let me know what's causing the issue and how I can go about fixing it, that would be grand. Cheers!

:)

crimsonnight, Sep 21, 2015

2. sfc /scannow and dism.exe errors

Can you share CBS.log file immediately after running SFC /SCANNOW again with me for analysis?Please share the same on onedrive publically and give a link to me.

You will find CBS in C:/Windows/logs/CBS.log

As far as command is concerned,it is the syntax.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 21, 2015
  3. File system error (-1073545193).

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Details are included in the CBS.log . . . ."

Where can I send the log file for analysis ?

VernaDarcy, Sep 21, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis

You could try uninstalling kb3081455 and then running windows update and installing it again as you have this error:
    Code: 2015-09-08 22:17:30, Info DPX Extraction of file: update.ses failed because it is not present in the container (\\?\C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\75f3af1b940c5b737863e8a342647905\windows10.0-kb3081455-x64-express.cab). 2015-09-08 22:17:30, Info DPX DpxException hr=0x80070002 code=0x020109 2015-09-08 22:17:30, Info CBS Not able to add file to extract: update.ses [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND][/quote] Also (after probably) try running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then sfc /scannow again.

5. Also (after probably) try running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then sfc /scannow again.[/quote] Hi, thanks for checking it out halasz *Smile

I uninstalled the update, restarted, and reinstalled the update. I then ran the first command you suggested, but got the following error:
    Code: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log[/quote] Here's the contents of dism.log: http://puu.sh/kk6oC/ee2c4a8bfa.log

I then ran sfc /scannow and also got the same error as before. here's my updated CBS.log: http://puu.sh/kk6uK/c985b86690.log

I also noticed that Windows Update is having a problem installing one of the updates, I'm not sure if it's related to the issue we're discussing but thought I'd mention it just in case: Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x80004005

crimsonnight, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Is anyone able to help me with this issue? As I work from home it's becoming unmanageable *Sad

crimsonnight, Sep 27, 2015
  7. dencal Win User
    In Admin Command Prompt copy paste the following.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Then type exit press enter
    Then run Windows Update again.

dencal, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis

Hi there,

I appreciate you getting in touch, but I wrote in my last post that the command you've suggested failed. Nevertheless, I've tried again and here is the result:

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240](c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 [==========================100.0%==========================] The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully. C:\Windows\system32>dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 [==========================100.0%==========================] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required t o restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log C:\Windows\system32>[/quote]

9. dencal Win User
    You state you did a clean install....with what, a DVD or a USB.?
    That would be your source, so insert on bootup, choose Repair your Computer, Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Startup Settings.
    Select Restart, This should allow you to rectify your problem.

dencal, Sep 27, 2015
  10. Kyhi Win User
    your issue is cause by a missing windows update package..

it is looking for KB in Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\

you are asking Dism to repair a file and the repair source it is not there - thus dism needing the repair source

11. Ok, that makes sense, how do I go about fixing it though?

I also tried Dencal's suggestion, but it hasn't worked.

12. Kyhi Win User
  13. Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis

Thanks, I downloaded it from your link, but when I try to install it, it says that 'it's already installed on this computer' so I'm guessing it's not the issue?

crimsonnight, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis

1. Windows Explorer issues - Help with CBS.log analysis - Similar Threads - Explorer issues Help

2. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  3. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  4. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  5. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  6. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  7. CBS Log question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS Log question: Hello, I have a question regarding some text in my recent CBS Log file.I have recently reset my computer due to corruption issues. After resetting the computer I ran the sfc /scannow command and it came up with, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable...
  8. CBS/DISM log

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CBS/DISM log: Hi, Having stopcode errors for Memory management. Event viewer talks about harddisk0 but I am unable to get further than that as my SFC scan refuses to fix, and my chkdsk fixes issues but new ones pop up. Both DISM log and CBS log are saved to my desktop, I have no way of...
  9. Errors is CBS logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors is CBS logs: Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I am wondering just what these errors are and what to do about them. Any advice please. Edit I went looking for them but...
  10. Need help reading CBS log Entrys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help reading CBS log Entrys: After installing Win 10, I decided to run sfc /scannow, funny thing is why do you end up with the message about it finding corrupt files after installing a fresh copy of Win 10? Anyway, I started to look at the CBS file that was created and found the following entries:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log cbs help

2. code=0x020109

3. Extraction of file: update.ses failed because it is not present in the container

4. cbs.log analyzer