Windows 10: Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello first of all i like win 10 but when is start doing its own things its a pain in the ass and annoying system. For the past few weeks since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SheppardSG1, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates?

Hello
    first of all i like win 10 but when is start doing its own things its a pain in the ass and annoying system.

For the past few weeks since last few updates i have this annoying problem for example:
    When i boot my pc or launch its everything ok then windows explorer restart itself on his own and for example i cannot delete any files from my desktop, i get white files if i put some pictures there (on hardrives is normal icon) if i click on right click and open with on video i would get windows explorer not responding message? And i try everything suggested on forums no luck.
    https://i.imgur.com/LYc42v6.jpg ( cannot empty recycle bin i need to manualy click open and delete from inside )
    https://i.imgur.com/tetkm2X.png (white file icon from picture)
    Windows 10 64 Bit Pro Right Click Freeze My Windows Explorer WTF!!?? - YouTube explorer message until i restart pc is ok for a while then its back)
    Thank you for any solution on this matter, because with that thing is impossible to work ) and im seriously thinking to go bac k on win 7 btw i upgrade it from 7 and im on win 10 64bit pro and this smells like bug to me!?) Oh one more thing gave us an option so we can update when we wanted back so it wont go off in the middle of work only downside from 10 on my end.

:)

SheppardSG1, Dec 16, 2017
  2. EckiS Win User

File Explorer crashes when opening folders with lots of video thumbnails

there are reports of problems with kb4013418:

Windows Explorer keeps crashing after update

and others blame
    KB4013429 for crashes invarious media players due to the new version of CompPkgSup.dll.

EckiS, Dec 16, 2017
  3. File explorer keep crashing in windows 10 home edition

Dear Microsoft,

From the past two month after the windows update File explorer keep crashing while accessing the Office Server folders.

There are issues of PATH TOO LONG folders, which wile accessing explorer closes automatically without any warning.

and after last week update, explorer crashes (closes automatically without any warning) even while accessing shorter paths on the offce server.

Our office server is Windows 2012 server. The other guys in the office does not face any such problem as they are not updating the windows 10.

(now everyone in our office is suffering the inactivity syndrome of Microsoft)

After every new update the file explorer behaving erratically.

Please give a solution.

Regards,

Milind

MilindSorkhade, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates?

https://i.imgur.com/WD1C1Sq.png (windows explorer is not responding then you have to restart it from task manager or restart PC and its fine for some time then is back again)
    from just 5sec ago windows 10 is bugged as hell on my end, cannot click anything on my desktop not to trig that up

SheppardSG1, Dec 16, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi,
    A. file explorer
    1. Boot to Safe Mode. Does explorer crash then?
    2. When booted normally, if explorer is crashing, the first thing to suspect is some sort of shell extension- something added by a program.
    Use Shellexview, Shellmenuview (easy to find) to disable all non-Microsoft extensions.
    Then check explorer again.

As a matter of routine, also check your disk and file system:
    a. First check your disk:
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and make sure all disks are reported as good.
    If not, do not continue, and post back .

b. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

B. Control of updates.

You can use Active Hours (search that in Settings) to specify the period during which you don't want your PC to restartautomatically.

dalchina, Dec 16, 2017
  6. Solved the problem with uninstalling 1 windows 10 driver and fresh reinstall graphic card driver

SheppardSG1, Jan 3, 2018
  7. dalchina New Member
    Good - surprising how often people have problems with graphics.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates?

1. Windows Explorer Keep Crashing After Every Updates? - Similar Threads - Explorer Keep Crashing

2. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing.: When I click on the file explorer icon in the quick bar all the icons on my desktop vanish and the same for my quick bar for a couple of seconds then it looks like it reboots file explorer but doesn't open the folder.If i get a folder open and i left or right click on a...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  5. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Green screen, File Explorer crashes after each and every Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen, File Explorer crashes after each and every Windows update: Green screen after each and every Windows update. After the update, opening links from any app from PDF, from Settings app, Internet browser crashes the entire system. But instead of a blue screen, a green screen appears. After updating to version 22H2, build 22581.1, pinning...
  7. Green screen, File Explorer crashes after each and every Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green screen, File Explorer crashes after each and every Windows update: Green screen after each and every Windows update. After the update, opening links from any app from PDF, from Settings app, Internet browser crashes the entire system. But instead of a blue screen, a green screen appears. After updating to version 22H2, build 22581.1, pinning...
  8. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds: Hello, I have a problem with my pc, im running windows 10 pro, today it started to crash every frew seconds, when i open a window in explorer, it suddenly crashes.I checked on event viewer and the following errors prompted:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version:...
  9. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing: I am trying to sort several photos from one folder to other folders and while in the process of doing this Explorer keeps restarting. What is causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/c9e3a5ba-6589-4b59-a0a3-0a2768ff7857
  10. Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason: I've had my pc for months now, and this problem only persisted a few days ago. Right from startup, my desktop, taskbar, and all of explorer (I even have trouble getting to settings) crash when I click on them and they restart by themselves. All my apps are working perfectly,...