Windows 10: Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview

Discus and support Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have a Surface book that has stopped displaying the PDF preview in explorer on my external monitor since the last Windows Update (Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TracyM-79, Jul 12, 2018.

1. TracyM-79 Win User

Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview

Hi

I have a Surface book that has stopped displaying the PDF preview in explorer on my external monitor since the last Windows Update (Build 17134.112) in May 2018.

This is really bothering me as I use it all the time and I even run workshops demonstrating the preview pane via a Data projector so I need to fix this ASAP please.

When I preview a PDF from Windows explorer on my Surface main display the preview fills up the whole left pane but when it is on an external monitor it looks like this: (Screenshot below) - See it only fills up the top left quarter of the preview pane.

Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview e77aab16-f5fd-48e6-b2b7-63a96657b659?upload=true.jpg

I have tried:

• re-installing Adobe reader DC,
    • clearing my File explorer history,
    • ticking/unticking "Show preview handlers in preview pane",
    • changing display resolutions in Windows Display settings,
    • have even done SFC /Scannow & repair,
    • manually updated the driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    • deleted/reset the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer

All to no solution!!

If I switch my external monitor to be my my Main Display in Windows Display settings it fixes the problem on my External monitor but then it is a problem on my Surface display.

Please can someone help me!! I have lost days trying to fix this.

***Moved from: (Surface / Surface Book / Display and screen)***

:)

TracyM-79, Jul 12, 2018

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview

Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview

1. Windows Explorer Preview Pane on External Monitor for PDF preview - Similar Threads - Explorer Preview Pane

2. Windows Explorer preview pane on Portrait Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer preview pane on Portrait Monitor: Hi,When the monitor is in portrait mode, is it possible to move the preview pane to the bottom of the screen? A file preview cannot be made large enough on a portrait display, therefore I'm wondering whether there is a setting that will move it to the bottom of the screen...
  3. Windows Explorer preview pane on Portrait Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer preview pane on Portrait Monitor: Hi,When the monitor is in portrait mode, is it possible to move the preview pane to the bottom of the screen? A file preview cannot be made large enough on a portrait display, therefore I'm wondering whether there is a setting that will move it to the bottom of the screen...
  4. How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?: I have a problem with the PDF preview pane Opened by Microsoft Edge WebView2; I see this program is presented when I select the file. The Microsoft Edge WebView2 is a prolonged response in the preview pane. So.....How can i change the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to Foxit Reader...
  5. PDF Preview in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF Preview in Explorer: Having just done a clean install I'm quite pleased with the PDF viewer built into Edge, so will not be installing my usual PDF reader. However there is no preview in Explorer. I normally install Foxit to get the preview component. Is there anyway to get a PDF preview in...
  6. Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Preview Pane: I work in the architecture community and need the ability to preview pdf's with the preview pane. Worked fine in the past, but now I can't zoom to see the whole sheet in the preview pane. No matter what I do, this is the fixed level of zoom. See image. [ATTACH]...
  7. windows explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer preview pane: When using administrator account I cannot preview my files on preview pane, (.docx, pdf, jpg, psd, etc), I want this "previewing" so that there is no need to open a file to put into selection which is time consuming. But when I created a visitor account all kinds of files...
  8. pdf doesn't preview in Windows 10 preview pane

pdf doesn't preview in Windows 10 preview pane: The preview pane in File Explorer of Windows 10 does not let me preview office nor pdf documents anymore. It only shows a little icon image and doesn't allow me to zoom in like it has done before. Is there a way to get the preview pane to let me preview all documents again?...
  9. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  10. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...