Windows 10: Windows Explorer Question

Discus and support Windows Explorer Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I hope this doesn't sound stupid...but I just recently did a clean install of windows 10.... When you go to Windows Explorer (you know, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craig, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Craig Win User

Windows Explorer Question

Hi! I hope this doesn't sound stupid...but I just recently did a clean install of windows 10....

When you go to Windows Explorer (you know, where your files are like downloads, documents, photos, music, etc) if you click the home tab on top you see that nifty bar that enables you to copy, paste, change name of file, etc etc just by clicking on it with your mouse arrow on it (as opposed to having to right click on the file itself to get the various options)...

In the past, I always set it so that bar appears above each section (downloads, documents, etc) on top of the "file" tab) but seems like I have forgotten how to make that bar stay on top all the time (locked in)...

Can someone direct me how to do that (or is that option no longer available?)...
    Thanks*Smile

:)

Craig, Oct 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Oct 23, 2017
  3. Interenet explorer question

You replied to yourself. I think maybe you meant to reply to me?

If you have the bookmarks saved in IE, then you just need to get them into Edge.

In Edge click on the three lines at the top right and then Favorite Settings and import them from IE. Now you have your favorites in both browsers.

Bruce Hagen, Oct 23, 2017
  4. bighair Win User

go to mine pc ect windows explorer. right clic on file untic the minimice this band.

bighair, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Top right, to the left of the help icon, just below the 'close' [X] there's a little up/down arrow that controls the ribbon. Click it.

6. Craig Win User
    @Bree: That did it...now when I open windows explorer (files) it goes directly to the home tab (which is what I wanted it to do) and that helpful bar is locked in on top for each of the various functions I go to (ex: downloads, documents, music, etc)....PERFECT *Smile

So easy too...thanks for "pointing me" in the right direction...I will have to make a note of that for the future...*Wink

Craig, Oct 23, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    *Thumbs

You probably accidentally clicked while your mouse was passing over it once, easily done when aiming for 'Close'. I click on purpose, sometimes I need the extra height to see more files in a list. Now you know it's there, you'll probably start using it too.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Question - Similar Threads - Explorer Question

2. SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing: I work with my pc and move alot of photos, recently my file explorer keeps locking up on me and crashing, I ran a sfc /scannow and it gave me this result * Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  3. SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC/scan related question - File explorer keeps freezing/crashing: I work with my pc and move alot of photos, recently my file explorer keeps locking up on me and crashing, I ran a sfc /scannow and it gave me this result * Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  4. Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions

Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions: I'd like to address the prevalence of unanswered questions within the Microsoft community. While it's important to acknowledge that there are solutions available in the Microsoft community, it's worth noting that Microsoft dominates two-thirds of the operating system market....
  5. Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exploring the Proliferation of Unresolved Questions: I'd like to address the prevalence of unanswered questions within the Microsoft community. While it's important to acknowledge that there are solutions available in the Microsoft community, it's worth noting that Microsoft dominates two-thirds of the operating system market....
  6. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW: Dear Microsoft support team,Thank you very much for your providing Microsoft product/service.Could you please help me about Windows-File Explorer View:Example: in folder 1: there are 2 files file 1, file 2.When view these, it shows preview of e.g. file 2 at right-pane.How to...
  7. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW: Dear Microsoft support team,Thank you very much for your providing Microsoft product/service.Could you please help me about Windows-File Explorer View:Example: in folder 1: there are 2 files file 1, file 2.When view these, it shows preview of e.g. file 2 at right-pane.How to...
  8. QUESTION ABOUT WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER VIEW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer: I would like to see within windows file explorer and option via either the file options or perhaps a visible pin toggle, to turn a "one instance only" on or off, if the toggle is on this would force any further opening of new folder in a new tab rather than a new window....
  10. A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer

A product suggestion rather than a question really...File Explorer: I would like to see within windows file explorer and option via either the file options or perhaps a visible pin toggle, to turn a "one instance only" on or off, if the toggle is on this would force any further opening of new folder in a new tab rather than a new window....