Windows 10: Windows Explorer randomly stucks lately

Discus and support Windows Explorer randomly stucks lately in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From time to time Windows Explorer gets stuck, and the taskbar becomes black, and I am unable to get it working again unless I restart (ending task /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Mar 27, 2018.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows Explorer randomly stucks lately

From time to time Windows Explorer gets stuck, and the taskbar becomes black, and I am unable to get it working again unless I restart (ending task / restarting the explorer from the task manager won't work either)

I did install an SSD lately (6 months ago) and maybe it is the culprit
    What checks do I need to do in order to better isolate the problem? perhaps chckdsk? does it work on SSds? or how to check for SSD bad sectors/ defects?

It's a SanDisk SSD and the software from SanDisk says it's 99% healthy, but that says nothing about possible sudden death, it's just how much writes do I still have left in theory

Or any other causes?
    ty

:)

mibaup, Mar 27, 2018
  2. __CC Win User

Error: "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore" on Windows 10

So has anyone else's PC been f***ed lately? Mine just randomly decided to bluescreen three times and then refused to boot beyond BIOS. I'm trying to restore with wbb05's method now... For the moment stuck using Kali from a thumbdrive Windows Explorer randomly stucks lately :p

3. Windows 10 update for Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player Error 0x8024600

Original Title: Windows ten update issue

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x8024600

That's an issue ive been having lately..........when it does try to download gets stuck.........any idea whats causing this?

Steve Jansen, Mar 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer randomly stucks lately

1. Windows Explorer randomly stucks lately - Similar Threads - Explorer randomly stucks

2. Is there an issue with Windows File Explorer unzipping folders lately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an issue with Windows File Explorer unzipping folders lately?: I have been receiving tickets from various clients with issues opening Zip folders. The only temporary fix is to restart the file explorer service or install 7zip. Restarting the file explorer only seems to temporarily fix the issue, seems to come back a day or 2 later....
  3. Is there an issue with Windows File Explorer unzipping folders lately?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an issue with Windows File Explorer unzipping folders lately?: I have been receiving tickets from various clients with issues opening Zip folders. The only temporary fix is to restart the file explorer service or install 7zip. Restarting the file explorer only seems to temporarily fix the issue, seems to come back a day or 2 later....
  4. Is there an issue with Windows File Explorer unzipping folders lately?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows explorer/ taskbar loading late upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer/ taskbar loading late upon startup: Everytime I start my pc the windows taskbar and all its icons aren't appearing. The bottom of my screen has the blue colour of the taskbar but it has no apps or windows search bar on it and the only thing I can see is the time. Everytime I click on the taskbar, the screen...
  6. Windows explorer/ taskbar loading late upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer/ taskbar loading late upon startup: Everytime I start my pc the windows taskbar and all its icons aren't appearing. The bottom of my screen has the blue colour of the taskbar but it has no apps or windows search bar on it and the only thing I can see is the time. Everytime I click on the taskbar, the screen...
  7. Windows explorer/ taskbar loading late upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Having random restarts and BSOD lately, ntoskrnl.exe

Having random restarts and BSOD lately, ntoskrnl.exe: HiI'm having random BSOD that pops up randomly usually when watching Youtube or rendering graphic work. I first noticed the issue first started when I let my laptop run Microsoft and Nvidia Graphic Driver updates last month. I also run the BlueScreenView and it highlighted...
  9. Random BSOD's lately.

Random BSOD's lately.: Hi there, I've been having some random bsod's lately. Here's a dump from the last one [img] DESKTOP-2CF8N79-(2020-01-23_17-10-48).zip - Google Drive 149144
  10. Windows 10 Random BSOD lately

Windows 10 Random BSOD lately: Hello, Since I upgraded my GPU I am noticing random BSOD and weird things every day. (i.e. Today Firefox minimize, maximize, close buttons show big or not at all) Memory_Manager stop code after crashing. Chrome has crash some times too. I have a minidump. How can I upload...