Windows 10: Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Discus and support Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CuriousD, Apr 8, 2017.

1. CuriousD Win User

Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access my back up on the NAS drive, but Windows Explorer would stop responding when I tried to access the folder on my secondary hard drive on the computer. I deleted the folder and copied the folder from the NAS drive to the secondary drive, but it yielded the same problem. I renamed the folder and I am now able to access the folder.

Do these two instances suggest a problem with my hard drive or with my current state of Windows 10?

Thanks for your input.

:)

CuriousD, Apr 8, 2017
  2. JUehling Win User

File explorer not working in windows 10

I downloaded Windows 10 over a month ago, and I am just now having major issues with File Explorer. I am able to open File Explorer, but if I right click or attempt to create a new folder, the whole program freezes and then delivers the "Not Responding"
    message. Further, if I right click on the desktop and attempt to create a new folder, I have the same problem. The whole computer "freezes" for a few seconds and I am not actually able to create a new folder. I am also not able to open certain folders in File
    Explorer; again, the program will stop responding and then close. I know very little about computers, so I have not yet been able to fix this problem on my own. I have also searched through this forum already for the answer to this question, but can't seem
    to find a clear solution yet.

JUehling, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Computer freezes when trying to drag and drop

My problem seems to be specific to certain files. Whenever I go into a folder and try to drag and drop and mp3 file (pictures and applications don't work either), File Explorer stops responding and my screen goes black for a few seconds, and everything
    shows up again. Even merely clicking the file makes File Explorer stop responding. I have tried to fix the problem, but none of the solutions I found worked (the solution where you press esc+try to drag and drop doesn't work by the way). I have lots of files
    on my computer that I no longer have the ability to access, so any advice will be greatly appreciated. Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder :)

Rahul Prasher, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

1. Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder - Similar Threads - Explorer Stops Responding

2. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  3. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  4. Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding: Im experiencing an issue where after using file explorer or relocating photos/files around on my laptop, window's explorers randomly stops responding and I am forced to restart. I am running on windows 11 right now. Any help with this?...
  5. Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding

Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding: Im experiencing an issue where after using file explorer or relocating photos/files around on my laptop, window's explorers randomly stops responding and I am forced to restart. I am running on windows 11 right now. Any help with this?...
  6. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  7. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  8. Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain Folders Not Showing in Windows Explorer: Hello, I am experiencing an issue where certain folders are not showing in the list of folders under "Videos". I have a folder in the Videos folder, and I can search for it and search for files in that particular folder, and they appear, but the the folder where they are...
  9. Certain folders don't respond

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folders don't respond: There is a folder named WindowsApps in C:\Program Files LOCATION which I was not able to open at all.It was not even responding to open option and double clicks.. Not even an "Access Denied" error. Nothing happens. I tried changing the permissions to change the owner but...
  10. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM Status Not reported Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...