Windows 10: Windows explorer using 20-50% cpu after opening folders with music

Discus and support Windows explorer using 20-50% cpu after opening folders with music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open a folder with music and wait a couple of seconds windows explorer will use up a lot of cpu and not respond until I restart in the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by t r i e d, Mar 3, 2017.

1. t r i e d Win User

Windows explorer using 20-50% cpu after opening folders with music

When I open a folder with music and wait a couple of seconds windows explorer will use up a lot of cpu and not respond until I restart in the task manager. This fixes it until I open a music folder again which repeats the process.

:)

t r i e d, Mar 3, 2017

2. CPU running fast when all programs closed

Issue NOT resolved. Windows Explorer still using 50% of CPU when not even open. There are 5 versions running in background.

CarlKiesel, Mar 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds )

Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds ), even an empty folder rename, delete, move takes 20 seconds...

How to solve this?

Casper Notebook

INTEL CORE I5-4200M CPU @2.50 GHZ

RAM 4 GB, usable amount : 3,75 gb

SYSTEM :Windows X64

Task Mnager :

CPU % 3-5

MEMORY %50 - 53

DİSK USAGE %3 -5

JAN PETER BALKANENDE, Mar 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I assume your question is 'How can I stop this happening?'.

See if there's any 3rd party program causing this.
    a. Elimination
    Set a system restore point.
    1. Download, install and run Shellexview.
    Hide all MS extensions, disable all others, noting the 32 bit option which exposes more.
    This disables most but not all added context menu entries.
    See if there's any effect.

2. Do a clean boot.
    See if that has any effect.

b. Analysis
    Download and run Process Explorer.
    See if that helps you to see what's happening.

Finally if nothing else helps, check this doesn't happen in Safe Mode.
    If not, Windows probably isn't broken and it's sthg installed.

dalchina, Mar 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows explorer using 20-50% cpu after opening folders with music - Similar Threads - explorer using 50%

2. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU: On the latest update of windows 10, windows explorer is using upwards of 50% of my cpu consistently. Deleting temp files did nothing.I have no clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.System Specs:i7-479016gb ram1tb hddnvidia quadro k2000 2gbchassis is an optiplex...
  3. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU: On the latest update of windows 10, windows explorer is using upwards of 50% of my cpu consistently. Deleting temp files did nothing.I have no clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.System Specs:i7-479016gb ram1tb hddnvidia quadro k2000 2gbchassis is an optiplex...
  4. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ntoskrnl.exe using 50% of cpu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ntoskrnl.exe using 50% of cpu.: The process appears as System in task manager and shows the .exe name when clicked on properties. Its using a lot of the cpu, and id like to know how to fix that. It wasnt like that a few days ago. Thanks submitted by /u/Luis_Santeliz [link] [comments]...
  6. Open 2 Explorers on startup at specific folder, split 50/50 over the screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open 2 Explorers on startup at specific folder, split 50/50 over the screen.: I would like my laptop to open 2 Explorer windows upon startup. Ideally, they would open up in specific folders, and be split 50/50 across the screen. I have managed to get a window to open up on a specific folder using the /e switch, but cannot control the window placement....
  7. Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?: Been sitting here for hours trying to do my school work but my typical day is 6 hours of fighting with Microsoft and two hours of work. I have no idea at all how any one can say this OS works, it does not. No one can prove it to me. It does not work. My PC is being a turtle,...
  8. System using 20% cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System using 20% cpu: Hello! My CPU is used aprox 10-15% everytime by acpi.sys + 0x42f50 All drivers are upated, bios update, scanned with malwarebytes. [ATTACH] Can somneone help me ? Best Regards, Andrei...
  9. Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!: Yesterday I just resetted my laptop and I've been experiencing some problems when I play a game my cpu goes 2.6ghz then randomly out of no where it goes .40ghz or .50 the worse part is the percentage of my cpu is only 20-40 no programs making it high or anything, I'm not...
  10. Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage: Every day, at intermittent times unrelated to anything I do [it happens when I'm doing nothing], Explorer starts running with each core at about 50% cpu usage, and does not stop. Temperatures and fan speeds rise, fans become very noisy. Speedfan indicates core temps rise...