Windows 10: Windows Explorer View Option have changed

Discus and support Windows Explorer View Option have changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 computers running Windows 10, my main computer is Version 1709 Build 16299.64, the one in my shop is Version 1703 Build 15063.726, the view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. rboppy Win User

Windows Explorer View Option have changed

I have 2 computers running Windows 10, my main computer is Version 1709 Build 16299.64, the one in my shop is Version 1703 Build 15063.726, the view option on both computers is:

Windows Explorer View Option have changed [​IMG]

On the shop computer when I point at a file it highlights the file and lets me mouse over to one of the commands, Delete, Rename, etc. On the main computer when I point at a file in underlines it and when I mouse up to the commands the underline goes away.

Did the new version of Windows 10 change the way it handles this?

:)

rboppy, Dec 6, 2017
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

new instances of file explorer have a copy of the current explorer settings not those from the quick launch icon

Hello Stephen,

The challenges that you are having with File explorer has somehow related to File Explorer settings. To easily fix this, we suggest that you reset File Explorer by:

• Open File Explorer > Click on View
    • Select Options > Click Change folder and view options
    • Go to View and select Restore Defaults option.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Dec 6, 2017
  3. DominicP Win User
    Remove Quick Access from windows explorer

In Windows Explorer, select View - Options - Change folder and search options and clear the checkboxes in the Privacy section.

DominicP, Dec 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer View Option have changed - Similar Threads - Explorer View Option

2. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  3. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  4. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  5. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  6. Change folder view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change folder view options: Hi. I want to permanently change the folder view options but what I want to do isn't available under the "Options" & "View" dialogue box. I would like to have the following columns in all my folders every time I open them: Name - Date Modified - Size - Path. That's all. The...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view: Good day, In Explorer how do I set the view default to "Size all columns to fit"? Each time I view files I have to reset the view to see files with long names, etc. It is a time consuming annoying problem to always adjust rather than to immediately see the full file name....
  8. File explorer save options view

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer save options view: I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer. I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly where they are because they are listed alphabetically. Now with this File Explorer upgrade they are listed by date. I've...
  9. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  10. Windows file explorer view changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer view changed: Hello, Don't know what I did (or did not), however my file explorer view changed: before I had my drives, downloads, and recent folders at the most left side, and to the right I had the content of each item, e.g. folder or drive. Now I have something like in the attached...