Windows 10: Windows failed to install update

Discus and support Windows failed to install update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone , as i say in the ittle today i check my windows history update and show a same update failed to install 5 time , i do manual and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yuniel, May 26, 2017.

1. Yuniel Win User

Windows failed to install update

Hello everyone , as i say in the ittle today i check my windows history update and show a same update failed to install 5 time , i do manual and installed , but why failed 5 time automatically ??

btw is the new windows update release yesterday KB4020102

:)

Yuniel, May 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 failed install, failed to revert to previous OS

Thank you for the reply.

The PC is an Acer all in one but I'm unable to remember/locate the model.

Prior to attempting the upgrade we did unplug all devices except for the mouse and keyboard. We had Avast installed for antivirus but we made sure that we disabled this before upgrading.

We get no error messages, but when trying various ways to try and fix the issue I did receive a message saying that OS Loader could not be found

Leon Lonsdale, May 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 failed install, failed to revert to previous OS

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Do you have any third party security program installed on the PC?

• Do you get any error code or error messages?

As of now, I suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 26, 2017
  4. Yuniel Win User

Windows failed to install update [​IMG]

Well here the pics , failed to install , i download fix windows update errors , but only show 1 error , this probably the error ?

my PC is fresh format install 2 weeks ago windows 10 creator ISO

Yuniel, May 26, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 26, 2017
  6. Yuniel Win User
    thanks brink for the reply , i just want wait to repair installation of windows i just format this PC 2 weeks ago

i looking for clear the windows update history and i found this in microsoft website

Method 2: Steps to erase Windows Update history
    Note:Erasing the windows update history will just remove the entries of the updates and not really the updates itself.
    a. Go to menu Start> All Programs> Accessories. Right click on the "command prompt" and select "Run as Administrator".
    b. Copy/paste the below command:
    c. net stop wuauserv
    d. And select OK.
    e. Wait until confirmation that the service is stopped.
    f. To delete the file, copy the following command in the command prompt:
    g. del %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log
    h. You can also delete it manually by going to the location in windows explorer.
    i. you can restart the service with this command:
    j. net start wuauserv

i do it , but the problem brink when i type the command net stop .......... say my windows update no even started look like is already stop ? , then i copy net start........ and say is started so this confused me why is stop if i never stop it , well i restart my PC and copy command again net stop and say the same windows update no started just saying is already stop , so everytime i restart my PC or from shutdown my windows update stop ?? look like maybe this the reason why my automaetically windows update fail 4 time and work only manual

Yuniel, May 26, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows failed to install update - Similar Threads - failed install update

2. Windows update failed to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update failed to install: Windows update failed to install KB5011487. I searched and applied every known fix to get this update to install to no avail. Then while doing these fixes that did not work, another update shows up KB5011543, but same result, failed to update. So last night I did what I...
  3. Windows update failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update failed to install: Windows update failed to install KB5011487. I searched and applied every known fix to get this update to install to no avail. Then while doing these fixes that did not work, another update shows up KB5011543, but same result, failed to update. So last night I did what I...
  4. Windows Update installation failed

Windows Update installation failed: I pulled this old ASUS out of a drawer to try to revive it for my daughter. It was unused for nearly 3 years. First point of order is to update it. I attempted to update and every update was successful except for the 2019-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709...
  5. Windows update fails to install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update fails to install.: Hi everyone. I have a problem with windows update here, it always fails to install whenever it reaches 7% and I get the message "we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes". I'm running windows 10 1903 on an Acer laptop. submitted by /u/BadrZh [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Update failed to install

Windows Update failed to install: Windows 10 Home Single Language. Version 1809 My laptop has been trying to install this update KB4512578 since mid-September 2019. It came out an error noting that it could not install. Error code: 0x800f0922. I have tried fixing the error code but to no avail. The issue...
  7. windows update failing to install

windows update failing to install: The latest updates from windows cannot install and show Error 0x80070015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-failing-to-install/f641ba7a-85e3-42f9-877c-0c462c9eeee5
  8. Windows Update Failed To Install

Windows Update Failed To Install: Security Updates for Windows (KB4343909), 2018 - 08 Cummulative Updates for Windows 10 version 1803 x64-based systems (KB4343909) and 2018 - 09 Cummulative Updates for Windows 10 version 1803 x64-based systems (KB4457128) The above mentioned Updates failed to installed...
  9. window update failed to installed

window update failed to installed: my computer is trying to installed window 10 insider Preview 17728.1000 (Rs5-release and it keep failing and it give me the error code Ox802400.34 what does this mean. thanks...
  10. Windows fails to install updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows fails to install updates.: Title. Can't install any updates. I read online that I have to edit the registry. Tried but windows tells me I have no permissions. Thanks in advance EDIT: When trying to do a system restore I get this error http://puu.sh/o6XO4/12326e1edc.png 46293