Windows 10: Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f

Discus and support Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I boot into win 10 I get a black screen that says: Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f When I boot to a Win 10 Install disk I select:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Docfxit, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Docfxit Win User

Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f

When I boot into win 10 I get a black screen that says:
    Windows Failed to start

When I boot to a Win 10 Install disk I select:
    English, next
    Repair your computer
    Troubleshoot
    Advanced options
    Startup Repair
    It says it's Diagnosing problems
    Attempting repairs
    Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC.

What can I do to fix the boot up problem?

Thank you,

:)

Docfxit, Oct 28, 2015

2. Help me out please

windows boot manager saying windows failed to start. Status: 0xc000000f what is this and what can I do?

My Laptop is stuck in windows boot manager saying windows failed to start. Status: 0xc000000f what is this and what can I do?

mark2castle, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 for PC is failed and system is not getting booted

Hi ,

While doing windows 10 downgrade to windows 7 failed. System is not getting booted and error message says "Windows Failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Status : 0Xc000000f". What it mean ? system is crashed ? is there
    anyway where we can recover the system ? .

Regards,

Ram.

RamapandianJayaraman, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

You have a problem with your Boot Manager. Do you have any form of backup? I have repaired mine using a windows 7 Boot Disk. If you have a DVD of your Windows 10 you can try booting to it and try to get to a CMD prompt and type in the following:

BootRec /FixBoot
    BootRec / Fix MBR
    BootRec / RebuildBCD

Do not use the last choice unless you have to.

Welcome to The Forum BTW:*Smile

5. Docfxit Win User
    Thanks for the reply...

I tried that. It didn't fix anything.

When I get the black screen saying:
    Windows Failed to start
    it also has:
    file: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

I do have a dual boot with
    Win10 on C:
    Win7 on E:

The file C:\Windows\System32\Winload.efi is on the drive.

Docfxit, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Docfxit Win User
    I managed to repair Win 10.
    I have a dual boot on this laptop.
    The second OS is Win 7.
    I'm now getting
    Windows Failed to start
    it also has:
    file: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

When I try to boot into Win7.
    I did install EasyBCD to dual boot.

Do you have any ideas how I can get Win7 to boot?

Edited: 10/30/2015
    Since I haven't received any feedback on this I am going to post this in the Win7 forum.

Docfxit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - Failed start Status

2. WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225: Hi we have an HP mini 5101 . It's used for vehicle diagnostics occasionally and nothing else. Someone has fiddled with it and we now get this message. The back up USB has vanished out of the bag , so I can't even use that . Can anyone offer any advice ?This is the full error...
  3. WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 7 failed to start .Status: Oxc0000225: Hi we have an HP mini 5101 . It's used for vehicle diagnostics occasionally and nothing else. Someone has fiddled with it and we now get this message. The back up USB has vanished out of the bag , so I can't even use that . Can anyone offer any advice ?This is the full error...
  4. Usb key windows 10, windows failed to start 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usb key windows 10, windows failed to start 0xc000000f: Hello, I had a problem with my computer with a systematic blue screen when i started itI tried to execute some recovery by accessing safe mode, mem test, check disk, etc... And then i saw the button remove the last update of windowsAfter i did that i can't even return to...
  5. Usb key windows 10, windows failed to start 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb key windows 10, windows failed to start 0xc000000f: Hello, I had a problem with my computer with a systematic blue screen when i started itI tried to execute some recovery by accessing safe mode, mem test, check disk, etc... And then i saw the button remove the last update of windowsAfter i did that i can't even return to...
  6. Usb key windows 10, windows failed to start 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows failed to start, status: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows failed to start, status: 0xc000000e: I'm working on my MIL's laptop. This is an older laptop that we gave her last year, and she rarely uses it so there shouldn't be any major problems with it. It's an HP G60-630US with 3G of RAM and a new Samsung SSD. It originally came with Windows 7, but we upgraded it to...
  8. An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f

An unexpected error has occurred when booting with status 0xc000000f: Yesterday, I installed Windows 10 Professional 64 bit into my new M.2 SSD. I can normally boot my desktop and use it without any problems. However, if I restart the desktop, the following screen will pop up. [IMG] It has no response whenever I press ESC. What I can do is...
  9. Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225: Hello, i have a big issue... I bought new computer component(motherboard, ram, cpu) I have installed Windows 7 home premium on my harddrive and i wanted to install windows 10 pro for my new build. When i enter bios i boot from the usb drive with windows 10 on. i get to choose...
  10. Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed: Code: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next". 3.Click "Repair your computer." If you do not...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron boot up problems 0xc000000f

2. windows failed to start a recent hardware change 0xc000000f

3. 0xc000000f critical service failed

4. windows dont start error black screen status 0xc000000f