Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

Discus and support Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner - in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upograded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 over weekend. Windows fax and scan (with external modem) used to attach any document PDF, word, etc and fax to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frustratedatfax, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

Upograded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 over weekend. Windows fax and scan (with external modem) used to attach any document PDF, word, etc and fax to the fax number. This worked in Windows 7 without any changes. It attached any file, PDF, Word, EXCEL and faxed it.

Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner - [​IMG]

Error messages is Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files and save the attached file as a .TIF, then try again.

Now get Windows fax and scan cant fax or preview attached file type. PDF file. The scan function does have our scanner xerox documate 262i (TWAIN Compliant) but we never used the scan function of windows fax and scan before. We scanned documents with out scanner, then attached the PDF file to our fax and it converted it and faxed it.

The SCAN Function of Windows Fax and SCAN does not work, don't know if it worked before.

Desperate to fax PDF files from our scanner folder again! Please help

:)

frustratedatfax, Mar 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 fax and scan

I always used the fax & Scan mode to copy in the Epson Printer and send it to whom ever wished to via my e-mail.

I no longer find this option??? Also seems to copy every item as a photo, which they are not?

Please send me an up-date to correct these horrendous problems.

Thanks /LH

Leonard Hendry, Mar 27, 2016
  3. Scan a document in windows 10 to pdf file

>>>Windows Fax and Scan can only produce image files--TIF, JPG, PNG and BMP. <<< SAY WHAT!

I can use any scanner and create a photo and save on PC or directly print the photo with my printer/scanner software for that printer, not using fax and scan.

Where do you come up with this nonsense BS dude.

Do you even know what Windows Fax and Scan is? Once you look it up and find it, can you show me how to use it to scan to PDF? TIA.

NEVER SAID YOU CAN USE IT TO CREATE A PDF

YOU CAN NOT SCAN USING ANYTHING TO A PDF, UNLESS YOU PURCHASE ADOBE. WHO IS GOING TO USE FAX AND SCAN EXCEPT FOR THE FACT TO SCAN A DOCUMENT AND THEN FAX IT AWAY TO SOMEONE. THERE IS NOTHING HERE ABOUT FAXING DOCUMENTS.

Scan a document in windows 10 to pdf file

I have a Canon3200series scanner, and there is no option for converting a scanned document to pdf file. I am using windows 10 and Microsoft office 16. Can anyone help?

seahawks65, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

Fafhrd, Mar 27, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi frustratedatfax and welcome to Tenforums.

If the above by fafhrd doesn't resolve the issue, here are a few things I would try:
    - Turn off Fast Startup and give the machine a few real shutdowns/startups (not restarts)
    - Run sfc /scannow to make sure all system files are intact
    - uninstall & reinstall your printer drivers and software; reboot

Open Windows Fax & Scan (WFS) and select New Scan; your printer should be available as a scanning device. Select Properties, and then select Test Scanner. If successful, close that dialogue box and select OK in the remaining box. The New Scan dialogue box opens. You can select a format at that point. Select PDF and click scan. The image will show up in the WFS window and you can forward as fax or save at that point.

simrick, Mar 27, 2016
  6. Hi

I finally found the problem. Windows 10 changed the default program for PDF files to be the EDGE browser. Changed all PDF files to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open.

Windows Fax and Scan now will attach PDF files and Fax using Adobe to convert to Fax format. So Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 10 continues to work as it did under Windows 7.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Al *Biggrin

frustratedatfax, Mar 29, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Glad you got it sorted! Thanks for posting your resolution to help others. Please mark the thread as solved. Cheers!

simrick, Mar 29, 2016
  8. Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner -

Hi

Now can not receive faxes to our office. Uninstalled Windows 10 Feature Fax and Scan and re-installed. I set the default program for TIFF files to Photos? is that what Windows 10 Fax and Scan uses to receive faxes in? I can send faxes out with or without PDF files attached.

Need help to get fax software working again. suggestions?????

Al

9. Nothing working help. Reinstall modem?

10. simrick Win User
    I know that WF&S uses the TIFF format.
    Once you reinstalled the feature, did you set up (configure) your fax settings again? Can you hear it answer the incoming call?

simrick, Mar 30, 2016
  11. Fafhrd Win User
    Fax is set up as a printer in Windows - can you open control panel - right-click *Start and go to all control panel items\devices and printers, and when it loads - it seems to take a long time here - go down to printers and right-click Fax and troubleshoot it

Fafhrd, Mar 30, 2016
  12. I had to completely unistall fax modem and fax and scan. Reinstalled thru Fax CD, reinstalled Fax Phone Tools and then fax and scan. Painful but now working. Weird how it would send faxes but NOT Receive them.

Solved

frustratedatfax, Apr 4, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Good to hear. Glad you got it sorted! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2016
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    Same here - well done!

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner - - Similar Threads - Fax Scan longer

2. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  3. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  4. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  9. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf: When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to...
  10. Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?: I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan to pdf

2. windows fax and scan no longer pdf