Windows 10: Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

Discus and support Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by christineblackburn, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10

:)

christineblackburn, Aug 7, 2018

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Greetings all,

In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility mode. The Windows10 Fax & Scan program does not list PDF as a scan-to file conversion option. Only jpeg, bitmap, txt, etc..

Is there a way to tweak or add-on something to Windows Fax & Scan to make it scan documents into PDF format? Thank-you for any guidance with this.

-Allen

AllenChicago, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

Scan documents/pic dissapear

Hi Giridhar:

Thanks for your such a prompt reply.

(1) Answering your question on how I was doing the scan?. I thought I was using Brother Printer software and not Windows built-in scan app. However my request for help with Brother Printer reads: " Because you are using Windows 10 built in drivers we would
    suggest powering off your machine disconnecting your USB cable, then powering your machine back on and connecting your USB cable. This should re-install your scanner drivers". did this.

(2) I had not heard from Bother Printer before I followed your suggestion to uninstall and install the software.

However this is where the "scans" are "hiding":

After doing steps (1) and (2) I was still looking for the output of my recent "scan" attempts as a few days earlier I did scan and found the "scan" saved in Pictures or in Documents. In my Document or Picture list there is no "scan" heading.
    Somehow I felt the "scan" could not just get lost.

In File Explorer I noticed the "search" possibility. Here I typed "scan" for the search. Immediately there popped up a list of "scan" activity ( goes back some years) with "scan modification and date" heading.
    On 10/17/2015 there was a modification, and under this were the
    missing scans, saved under
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC icon with a number (no title, after I did scans in Win 7 there was an option to type in a Title.

I do not remember downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
    on 10/17/2015.
    If something popped from Adobe I could have clicked on it.

surjitsinghUC, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

1. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS - Similar Threads - FAX SCAN SCAN

2. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  3. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?: how do i change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents? windows 10 home, 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-location-that-fax-and-scan/54b38627-5360-4bcf-9ffa-2eb4ce6e7bac
  4. change the default location that fax and scan sends scanned documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: I had windows fax & scan in windows 7. I put in windows 10 and now I can't find win fax & scan to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-scan/7732b52b-ca6d-4105-ab97-d7bcdac25ffc
  6. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  7. Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document: Windows FAx and Scan - was working fine, but now doesn't show the same printer/scanner. There was another printer but it is no longer connected, This is the printer that the Fax and Scan program is looking for. It worked earlier today and now doesn't. I can still print to it...
  8. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  9. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?: Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility...
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...