Windows 10: Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Discus and support Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings all, In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllenChicago, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Greetings all,

In connection with my job, I have several insurance companies asking me to send scanned documents in Portable Document Format (PDF). My Brother Printer Control Center Fax-Scan software is not yet compatible with Windows10, even in Windows7 compatibility mode. The Windows10 Fax & Scan program does not list PDF as a scan-to file conversion option. Only jpeg, bitmap, txt, etc..

Is there a way to tweak or add-on something to Windows Fax & Scan to make it scan documents into PDF format? Thank-you for any guidance with this.

-Allen

:)

AllenChicago, Oct 23, 2015

2. Scan a document in windows 10 to pdf file

>>>Windows Fax and Scan can only produce image files--TIF, JPG, PNG and BMP. <<< SAY WHAT!

I can use any scanner and create a photo and save on PC or directly print the photo with my printer/scanner software for that printer, not using fax and scan.

Where do you come up with this nonsense BS dude.

Windows Fax & Scan:  How to Scan Documents to PDF format? [​IMG]

Do you even know what Windows Fax and Scan is? Once you look it up and find it, can you show me how to use it to scan to PDF? TIA.

NEVER SAID YOU CAN USE IT TO CREATE A PDF

YOU CAN NOT SCAN USING ANYTHING TO A PDF, UNLESS YOU PURCHASE ADOBE. WHO IS GOING TO USE FAX AND SCAN EXCEPT FOR THE FACT TO SCAN A DOCUMENT AND THEN FAX IT AWAY TO SOMEONE. THERE IS NOTHING HERE ABOUT FAXING DOCUMENTS.

Scan a document in windows 10 to pdf file
    Windows Fax & Scan:  How to Scan Documents to PDF format? [​IMG]

I have a Canon3200series scanner, and there is no option for converting a scanned document to pdf file. I am using windows 10 and Microsoft office 16. Can anyone help?

seahawks65, Oct 23, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    How to multiple pages into one file using the scan app

If you're referring to Windows Fax & Scan, an awful program, it can't be done. In order for it to happen you'll need a scanner with an automatic document feeder and/or software that can create multi-page PDF or TIFF files. Also, with

the right software
    , multiple scans can be combined after scanning.

JimWynne, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Adobe's Acrobat DC sees that option if you are presently caught in a bind and need a fast solution. Scan to PDF, convert JPEG or TIFF to PDF Adobe Acrobat DC

At least that is a reputable program compared to the numbers of freebies seen on the web for 7, 8, 8.1, and now even Windows 10! The WikiHow page for this can be looked over at 4 Ways to Scan Documents Into PDF - wikiHow

Besides those two non MS methods there is the Scan app for Windows first seen for 8.1 and works for 10 as well. Scan app for Windows: FAQ - Windows Help

The Scan app is also pointed to with similar inquiries at the MS Answers site since that will save what you scan with a printer in any number of file formats including image files which can also later be converted to PDF. Another How-To reference that applies to 10 can be seen at Scan a document or photo with Windows Fax and Scan

Night Hawk, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Scan to File then Print to PDF?

Ztruker, Oct 23, 2015
  6. Which file format? When scanned and saved as an image file you then simply need to see that converted over to PDF for prepping a print job if you are lacking any print as PDF option. Text files to PDF would be the preferred method over image to PDF however to preserve the original format as much as possible as well as legibility as far as reading goes.

The support page at Brother for seeing scanned documents scanned to PDF format can be looked over at http://www.brother-usa.com/campaign/...an_To_File.htm

You may to go back and look up the 8.1 update to run on 10 especially for the 64bit Windows to see if that will resolve the printer issues you have there. Often the next previous version's app and driver set will work when the latest still remains waiting for the 3rd party to get with the program!

Night Hawk, Oct 23, 2015
  7. Thankyou for the multiple solutions, Night Hawk. Your last post linking to the Brother website is the method I've used for years. Unfortunately that Control Center software hasn't been updated to Windows 10 yet..even though my current Multi-Function Brother printer/scanner/fax is only a year old. Hopefully Brother will make updating that software a high priority.

In the meantime, I'll attempt to use one of the longer, multiple-step solutions you shared. Thanks again!

-Allen

AllenChicago, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

Glad to help out! As I have found with the previous versions especially when leaving the 32bit Vista for the 64bit 7 years back I ended up waiting almost a full year to see the 64bit Vista/7 update come out from one company for a PCI type tv tuner/video capture card. While the model was then soon to be discontinued so far I have managed to get it to work on 10! I simply substituted the 8.1 driver and Media Center app from a newer PCI Express form of the card.

Too bad you didn't find an 8.1 update for that model which would probably work until the 10 updates come out. Sometimes another model in the same model series may work as far as the main settings will including some features you may not be able to use. The other options however are there in the meantime to provide something to work with. It's tough being on a job and not have the correct tools to work with!

Night Hawk, Oct 23, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
  10. You have to look at that a bit closely right under the download button or simply assume it is for 7 only!

There are numerous options still to be found on the web since the PDF format is common ground. It's whatever works the best for your own needs! *Biggrin

Night Hawk, Oct 23, 2015
  11. chrismine Win User
    chrismine, Oct 23, 2015
  12. Besides another converter program there's also a PDF Creator for Windows 10 available in trial ware form however being a retail product by PDFLogic $69 is tag or can try it out for the 15 day freebie trial period. That's been out for a full year at this time. They've been around for some time with the PDF Vista Workstation Edition as well as the PDF Vista Server Edition found on their main site.

Then you have another freeware with the Free PDF Creator 5.1.1.1

As I was saying before if you search the web especially sites like download.net and MajorGeeks.com as well as ensofttronic.com that also carries both sharewares and freewares you can find a number of programs in various categories. For going further to be a fussy user you can take a sample document and try it out on several programs to see which one or two suits the purpose the best overall and simply dump the rest! That would be a bit more time consuming however.

Night Hawk, Oct 24, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

I'm using Control Center 3 on Windows 10 Pro X64 now. Just download and install the Windows 8/8.1 version, it works fine.

Ztruker, Oct 24, 2015
  14. That's very intuitive of you, Night Hawk. The Brother Support website for my multi-function MFC-J875dw printer/scanner/fax suggests using Windows 8.1 drivers. But there is only one Control Center (CC4) available on the downloads page. As you see here Downloads | MFC-J875DW | United States | Brother , Brother hasn't updated this software since May of 2013...over 2.5 years ago! That's the software that won't work with Windows10, even in compatibility mode. The print drivers aren't a problem. I just need CC4 to work, so I can scan documents into PDF format for e-mailing to insurance companies. It was SOOOO simple with Windows 7.

I'll remove Control Center 4 and try re-installing it in a different compatibility mode. I want to avoid downloading additional software from 3rd parties for scanning to PDF format, because Windows10 is finicky enough. Have now surpassed 4 days without any Blue Screens of Death, and would like to keep this lucky streak going. *chuckle

-Allen

AllenChicago, Oct 24, 2015
  15. Please provide a link to this Windows 8.1 version. Every time I go to the support page, it takes me to the Control Center software that was produced way back in May of 2013. Thank-you!

AllenChicago, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format?

1. Windows Fax & Scan: How to Scan Documents to PDF format? - Similar Threads - Fax Scan Scan

2. Why does Windows 10 Fax and Scan persist in scanning documents in .tif format and not .pdf...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 10 Fax and Scan persist in scanning documents in .tif format and not .pdf...: I cannot understand why Windows still scans only to ".tif" and does not have an option to scan to ".pdf". Can the the Windows software in this day and age not be upgraded to allow scanning directly to .pdf? It is an unnecessary cumbersome and irritating process to have...
  3. Scanning documents to PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  4. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  5. Editing a scanned PDF document

Editing a scanned PDF document: I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was primarily erasing unwanted content). I scanned a document today, and can find no way to edit it. Is there something I can...
  6. Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document: Windows FAx and Scan - was working fine, but now doesn't show the same printer/scanner. There was another printer but it is no longer connected, This is the printer that the Fax and Scan program is looking for. It worked earlier today and now doesn't. I can still print to it...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf

Windows Fax and Scan not printing to pdf: When I open windows Fax and Scan to fax a document I end up with a file that won't open. Here is what I do: Open Fax and Scan I select Document/ Feeder/ Black and White/ and leave file type set at TIF I scan the document then select Print. I then select Microsoft Print to...
  8. How do I update Windows 10 Fax and Scan to scan PDF documents?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I update Windows 10 Fax and Scan to scan PDF documents?: I am trying to scan and save a file in PDF format using Windows 10 Fax and Scan, but there are only Bmp, JPG, PNG, Tiff file saves. Please provide an update so it will save in PDF mode. Thank you....
  9. Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS: I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN WILL NOT SCAN DOCUMENTS. MY OLD COMPUTER STILL DOES. BOTH HAVE WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan-will-not-scan-documents/b843f4e1-2cd5-46e8-943f-42bcd534e94b
  10. Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?: I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows fax and scan scan area box is too small

2. produce a pdf file in windows fax and scan