Windows 10: windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently

Discus and support windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Weird issue. When I try to perform a seach on an external HDD with boolean operators windows file explorer will freeze then crash. Similiarly If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by COZZIE, Mar 21, 2017.

1. COZZIE Win User

windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently

Hi

Weird issue. When I try to perform a seach on an external HDD with boolean operators windows file explorer will freeze then crash. Similiarly If I simply go into a folder on an exteral HDD and select a file Sometime it will crash just when I double click on the file. This second issue though doesn't seem to happen consistently across all files which I find bizarre.
    I have tried disabling all start-up programs and the problem still occurs. Also run diagnostic checks on the two HDD I'm using with no problems reported. most files are totally accesbile whilst others aren't while the search issues happens completely consistently.
    Neither issue seems to affect local hard drive.
    Thanks for any tips.

:)

COZZIE, Mar 21, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 21, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    Blue Screen of Death - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

The minidump file did not pinpoint the cause but did show the crash seemed to be network related.

The process that crashed was the IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe which may be significant if that is the process that is consistently crashing.

Can you provide all the minidump files that are available to see if the error is consistent.

Also, can you also provide the following file which has more information on the crash:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

The memory.dmp file will be quite large, you could zip and compress the memory.dmp file with a third party application such as 7-Zip.

auggy, Mar 21, 2017
Thema:

windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently

1. windows FILE explorer crashing - not consistently - Similar Threads - FILE explorer crashing

2. Consistent Crashing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent Crashing and BSOD: For the past few months, my pc has consistently been blue screening and crashing, it usually happens a few times in a row and then is fine for a day or two. It started happening after I installed a new CPU cooler, when I did that installation I had to remove everything from...
  3. Consistent Crashing and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent Crashing and BSOD: For the past few months, my pc has consistently been blue screening and crashing, it usually happens a few times in a row and then is fine for a day or two. It started happening after I installed a new CPU cooler, when I did that installation I had to remove everything from...
  4. Windows File Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer crashes: Hello guys,I was in the Windows Insider program but quit and I am in the regular windows 11 version. It started to crash this week.Here is the error Sorry, it is in spanish from event viewer:Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.22621.1, marca de...
  5. Windows File Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer crashes: Hello guys,I was in the Windows Insider program but quit and I am in the regular windows 11 version. It started to crash this week.Here is the error Sorry, it is in spanish from event viewer:Nombre de la aplicación con errores: explorer.exe, versión: 10.0.22621.1, marca de...
  6. PC consistent Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC consistent Crashes: So for the last two months or so, my PC has been acting up, often crashing. I believe this has to do with the GPU. I've linked all the community questions I've asked about this which includes the solutions I've tried. The last link is the most recent minidump I...
  7. Windows consistently crashing

Windows consistently crashing: Hi - I am using Win10 and keep getting consistent crashes. The details of the last error in the event viewer prior to the crash are shown below: Log Name: System Source: Application Popup Date: 7/30/2020 5:27:41 PM Event ID: 56 Task...
  8. File/Windows explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File/Windows explorer crashes: I have an Asus G74sx with an i7 processor and 16gb ram. File Explorer crashes immediately on opening. sfc reports no problem dism reports no problem problem persists in clean boot and in safe mode. System reset cured problem for 3 days then it came back. -Provider [...
  9. Windows File Explorer crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer crashing: File Explorer crashes when I try to view disk or folder content from THIS PC Is it possible to replace explorer.exe and kernelbase.dll with good files from another computer from Command Prompt? I have already tried "Repair System Files" but it did not find anything...
  10. Consistent crashing of Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Consistent crashing of Windows Explorer on Windows 10: I have read several posts and nothing seems to fix permanently the issue that I am having. Out of the blue, every now and then, Windows Explorer crashes. It sits there and after a few minutes gives me a popup indicating that it is not working. The end result is that I...