Windows 10: Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload

Discus and support Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every time I need to upload something like to an email or a website asking for a document like a resume. I click "attach file" then a file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shahidulkhan007, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload

Every time I need to upload something like to an email or a website asking for a document like a resume. I click "attach file" then a file explorer window opens quickly but when I try to navigate to another window it takes like 2 mins to load. This does NOT happen when I open file explore separately, like opening it just to browse through my files. Only happens when I try to upload. Please help, I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks.

:)

shahidulkhan007, Jun 27, 2016

2. my file explorer is very slow when i try to go to copy, delete menu

Which Antivirus and other security utility do you have?

What is the make and model of your computer?

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager1709

Select the Processes tab

Scroll down to Windows Explorer then select it

Click Restart

If that does not work:

uninstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Jun 27, 2016
  3. my file explorer is very slow when i try to go to copy, delete menu

every thing else work at a reasonable speed, but file explorer is slow only when extending to the copy, file menu.

Alfred RBurruss, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload

1. Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload - Similar Threads - File Explorer slow

2. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  3. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  4. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  5. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  6. FIle explorer slow when opening files

7. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  9. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

10. Cant upload any files or attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant upload any files or attachments: I have a Dell XPS laptop, running windows 10. For some reason, no matter what browser I use, I cannot attach files to email or upload files to anything. It just spins and spins, then says it cant upload. I tried at home and at work. Not sure what to do next?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file explorer crashes when attaching and browsing files

2. upload speed slows down on attaching files