Windows 10: Windows/File Explorer Issue

Discus and support Windows/File Explorer Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This is my first post, I am currently having issues browsing my files due to Windows File Explorer Every time I try to look at any files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BadUser, Jul 30, 2015.

1. BadUser Win User

Windows/File Explorer Issue

Hello,

This is my first post, I am currently having issues browsing my files due to Windows File Explorer
    Every time I try to look at any files via either File explorer or try to upload files to web, Windows/File Explorer Immediately crashes and restarts.

I can't upload anything, so I only came to you guys hoping someone has already addressed this issue.

:)

BadUser, Jul 30, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Flux Win User

I have the same problem,

when i right click a file or even "This Pc" on desktop file manager crashes and reopens.

Hope this get fixed soon

Flux, Aug 2, 2015
  5. mkdr Win User
    mkdr, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Have a look at THIS thread...

Good luck.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  7. mkdr Win User
    Didnt I post that already?

mkdr, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Flux Win User

THX guys,

i disabled my iso emulator and it's working fine now.
    by that i realised that i was running an old version, i updated,

thx again

Flux, Aug 2, 2015
  9. BadUser Win User
    Thank you very much everyone so far so good, I can browse my files.
    Shell extensions turned out to be the problem, disabling everything other than Microsoft extensions solved the issue.

BadUser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows/File Explorer Issue - Similar Threads - File Explorer Issue

2. File explorer issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issue: When i open my laptop one file named user is automatically selected and keeps stopping other files to open.And when i opened file explorer multiple files already selected automatically and keep stopping other files to open....
  3. File Explorer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer issue: I have an issue where two but not all of my local drives appear in File Explorer as separate entries in their own right, in addition to appearing as part of "This PC".This becomes more confusing when "This PC" is expanded as these drives appear duplicated and seemingly out of...
  4. File Explorer Issues

File Explorer Issues: I recently updated to Windows 11, and so far I have not had many issues. Except for one persistent issue. Whenever I open File Explorer, all of my files are there. But, when I open the file explorer to add a file to a program, my files just aren't there. I have tried most if...
  5. File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Issues: I recently updated to Windows 11, and so far I have not had many issues. Except for one persistent issue. Whenever I open File Explorer, all of my files are there. But, when I open the file explorer to add a file to a program, my files just aren't there. I have tried most if...
  6. File Explorer Issues

File Explorer Issues: Could someone please help me? All I'm trying to do is turn on my search indexing so I can get File Explorer to work properly. I'm running Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2. My OS build is 22621.160. I have tried to delete and rebuild the index, but to no avail. I have also tried...
  7. The file explorer issue

The file explorer issue: The file explorer wont let me save any picture in other format then webp this started 2 days ago i cant anymore save to png or jpg etch where do i change this so i can save in the format the picture is like png etch .Tried 8 different browsers it has to be a setting on the...
  8. Windows file explorer issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows file explorer issue?: So I have a newly installed PC and I’ve been having the following issue. Basically I cannot change my desktop background, nor can I click the icons like the clock in the bottom right corner. When I go to change the background, I select an image, then it sort of stutters and...
  9. File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Issues: Over the last 2 weeks, whenever I attempt to open a .mov or .mp4 file, File Explorer immediately shuts down and I cannot access any of these files. My computer is up to date and all updates are current. Is some some glitch going on with File Explorer?...
  10. File Explorer issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer issue: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer (sometimes, but not always) will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...