Windows 10: Windows Firewall Blocking Some of My Videos

Discus and support Windows Firewall Blocking Some of My Videos in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I access rottentomatoes.com occasionally to view trailers. I have always had a problem with stuttering videos on this site but generally just grin and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johnnyaa, Dec 29, 2015.

1. johnnyaa Win User

Windows Firewall Blocking Some of My Videos

I access rottentomatoes.com occasionally to view trailers. I have always had a problem with stuttering videos on this site but generally just grin and bear it. Recently I started getting a "cannot load m3U8 crossdomain access denied" message. I have been able to eliminate the problem by inactivating the firewall but obviously I can't be doing this on a regular basis just to watch a trailer. Is there some way for me to make an exception so that firewall will stop messing with these videos? Just to note that I am brand new on this forum and not very computer savvy so please try to simplify your suggestions. Thanks in advance
    P.S. I'm using Google Chrome!

:)

johnnyaa, Dec 29, 2015

2. Firewall is blocking some parts of the Kodi app

I just down loaded the Kodi app and my firewall stopped some parts of it. Is it a safe product and what are the risks

Moved from Virus & Malware

Original title: firewall security

IronPatriot73, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Firewall is blocking some parts of the Kodi app

Kodi is an open source cross-platform software media player which can be used on a range of devices and is available at the

Microsoft Store
    ...meaning it it safe and not a risk if that is where you downloaded it from.

There are some unsafe sites where the app can be download from so the question to start with is where did you download it from?

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows Firewall Blocking Some of My Videos

1. Windows Firewall Blocking Some of My Videos - Similar Threads - Firewall Blocking Videos

2. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I receive the error message "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app". Normally I assume to be able to unblock the app. But the prompt does not have an option to do so.How can I unblock this app? Or how do I get back the checkboxes to unblock the app?...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I receive the error message "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app". Normally I assume to be able to unblock the app. But the prompt does not have an option to do so.How can I unblock this app? Or how do I get back the checkboxes to unblock the app?...
  4. Message from Windows Firewall about blocking some app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message from Windows Firewall about blocking some app: Is it normal thaf windows defender ahas blocked some featuresIt show when i frssh reinstall the windows and the i try installing my softwares which in clude microsoft visual code t launcher ubisoft connect and it also shows when i was playing gta 5 it shows that thing can you...
  5. Windows firewall has blocked some features

Windows firewall has blocked some features: I've been getting that randomly and it's so annoying I've checked my laptop for viruses and malwares and there wasn't any I even asked support center via twitter still didn't yet It has unknown and has many zeros and I have no idea what it means...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I get the message above everytime I launch a new application and I’m confused as to what to choose. For this case specifically, it’s for a multiplayer game. Should I cancel or allow access to private networks, public networks, or both? Would anyone care to explain what...
  7. " windows firewall has blocked some features of this program"

" windows firewall has blocked some features of this program": i keep getting this message - it also says "this computer is blocked" "call 888.890.4333" critical alert.... system detected.... " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-firewall-has-blocked-some-features-of-this/e4709e01-37f9-4778-8164-29d17cbf5f1b
  8. "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features...." repeats

"Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features...." repeats: Windows 10 v1909 There are 3 programs/apps on my NUC system that for some reason I regularly get "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app" and I have to give permission to proceed. I have also manually allowed these apps through the firewall, but that...
  9. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app: We have recently installed the Office 365 version 1908 Semi-Annual Channel update in our environment. Post installation of this update we are getting the error " Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app" as per the screenshot below for Skype for Business...
  10. Windows Firewall Blocking App or Some App features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall Blocking App or Some App features: I have the Cricut Maker & the App … received message from windows defender/firewall that some of the features have been blocked. I have been using Cricut Design Space for the past few weeks with no issues... what do I do now? Allow the app through firewall or block? Thanks!...