Windows 10: Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access?

Discus and support Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What do you think of Windows own firewall? Does it also stop outbound connections? What is it like compared to Zone Alarm? Is ZA in itself any good?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EightK, Sep 17, 2016.

1. EightK Win User

Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access?

What do you think of Windows own firewall? Does it also stop outbound connections?

What is it like compared to Zone Alarm? Is ZA in itself any good?

Also, is there a tool similar to ZA's internet lock where you can temporarily enable / disable internet access?

:)

EightK, Sep 17, 2016
  2. kalqlate Win User

Windows 10 and ZoneAlarm.

That was a canned response from Microsoft; it had nothing to do with ZoneAlarm. The Windows 10 compatible version of ZoneAlarm Firewall is still in beta testing. Find out more by visiting the ZoneAlarm website.

kalqlate, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Microsoft solitaire Collection on Windows 10 sudden 101.103.101 error message

Sorted. After all that it was Zonealarm firewall that decided Windows Solitaire Collection was a threat and blocked it, which then stopped it from running. Interesting that a game which used to be "stand alone" now needs to call home.

brianjones50, Sep 17, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Personally speaking I have never bothered with software firewalls. I've always used the Windows one and the hardware firewall included in your router.

swarfega, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Yes, WF is sufficient, but it is advisable to use a better GUI, like GlassWire or Windows 10 Firewall Control.

There are not many 3rd party firewalls left, only ZA, Evorim, Tinywall and Comodo, but ZA is the best of them.

Youc an use seomthing like NetSetMan and switch to non-existing network profile to disable the network.

TairikuOkami, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    If you need just a simple kill switch for the internet, then have a look at InternetOff. You can turn the connection off/on easily & it has password locking capabilities, as well as other functions. This is what I use, when I'm doing some work or going somewhere & don't want the PC to be online. It sits in the taskbar & is easily accessible.

Internet Off - Internet Blocking App for Windows

Borg 386, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Windows Firewall is good, but for 3rd party software firewall such as Comodo, TinyWall, ZoneAlarm, etc.... is about to fade out because 3rd party software firewall shows more conflict than Windows Firewall. Another fact is lots of antivirus vendor ditch developing their own firewall but rather developing a firewall modules that can play together with Windows Firewall.

RubberDucky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access? - Similar Threads - Firewall ZoneAlarm Free

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  6. Firewall disabling internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall disabling internet access: After updating windows 11 My internet browserschrome and edge can’t connect to the internet. I have checked that they are allowed through the firewallremoved them and put them back in reset chrome and firewall settings and still no luck. It only works as soon as I disable...
  7. ZoneAlarm Firewall not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ZoneAlarm Firewall not working: I tried on several occasions to install zonealarm firewall and got this compatibility blablabla. is anyone using it? What's the standalone firewall program that you'd recommend? 2991
  8. ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?: Hi I've used ZoneAlarm for years as it actively rejects Ident packets. I've now found another way to do this, so I'm considering if it's time to move away from ZoneAlarm. I currently have ZoneAlarm Free AV & Firewall, Avast AV, MalwareBytes and SpyBot Search and Destroy...
  9. Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !

Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !: Hi I've been running ZoneAlarm on my Windows 10 PC without issue since I upgraded to Windows 10 Over the last few days my PC is telling me Zonealarm and the Windows firewall are turned off. I'm given the open to enable either. I can enable the Windows firewall, but...
  10. Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall? No internet access: Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow...