Windows 10: $Windows folders

Discus and support $Windows folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I few questions for someone to answer *Smile I downloaded the "Media Creation Tool" and proceeded to create an USB drive instead of upgrading this PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scramjet, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

$Windows folders

I few questions for someone to answer *Smile
    I downloaded the "Media Creation Tool" and proceeded to create an USB drive instead of upgrading this PC. All went successful. I do not plan to use it yet.
    I have not received the update on this PC like my laptop did that created the $Windows~BT folder with the setup.exe and other files inside.
    Now since I created the USB with the tool I have a folder called $Windows~BT 338kb with \Sources\panther and files inside of them. Also have a $Windows~WS folder 5.76GB that includes a few folders and tons of files.
    Should I delete these folders and wait for MS to send me the update to download the $Windows~BT folder?
    When I check for updates on the PC I get the error "Windows could not search for new updates error code 80244019 windows ran into a problem" Kind of weird *Sad last update on PC was 07/25/2015.

Also I noticed on the laptop(Win7 home) with the BT folder, when I went into update history there was one there that stated:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home (Failed) 07/29/2015
    There was no attempt to upgrade the laptop so don't know why this was in the update history *Sad

Can someone shed a bit of light on this for me?
    Thanks

:)

Scramjet, Jul 28, 2015

2. VERSION OF SONG CHANGED

I had the recorded version of "Born to Run" on groove music. When I went back to listen to it, it was changed to the "live" version from one of Bruce's concerts. This is NOT the version I originally selected. What is going on?

Also, I bought two songs the other day and have no idea where they are at. What is going on?

Top Level Folders, Jul 28, 2015
  3. UPDATES DON'T UPDATE (DECEMBER 2017)

Dear Microsoft or Whoever:

I have been attempting to do your new Updates since the beginning of December 2017.

They don’t update.

I’ve restarted and restarted and restarted my laptop and nothing. It either says “Awaiting Restart” or “Failed to Install” or something like that.

I’m not an IT person. I’m afraid to delete anything and start over because I’m afraid I’ll delete the wrong thing.

ALSO, since the last update, when I turn on my laptop, I keep getting a little box on the screen that says:

This app can’t run on this PC

Accelerometer

Hewlett-Packard

HP Accelerometer doesn’t work on this version of Windows.

An updated app may be available.

If I click “Learn More”, this is what I get:

The app you're trying to use was blocked from opening because it might damage your PC or result in loss of data. This is because some apps that worked with a previous version of Windows might not work in the same way with Windows 10.

Go to the support website for the app developer, and check if a new or updated version of this app is available for Windows 10.

What the hell???

I just want the laptop/computer to work. You’re expecting all of us out here to be computer experts.

What am I supposed to do?

Sincerely,

Terri E.

Top Level Folders, Jul 28, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

$Windows folders

I got the same folders after running the Media Creation Tool to make an ISO so I could get Windows 10 on DVD. No errors in Windows Update. No failures in update history.

owensdj, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Scramjet Win User
    thanks for reply...I only get the error when I click on 'check for updates' on the windows 8.1 PC, but the windows 10 upgrade failure was on the windows 7 home laptop. All I have done on the laptop is view it to see when next step will come. But find it weird that the upgrade to win10 home in windows updates resulted in a failure.

Scramjet, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Scramjet Win User
    Just an update on my situation here. I have viewed the history updates on the laptop again this morning and noticed that twice yesterday the upgrade to windows 10 home failed and again this morning. Surely others are having the same problem. Anyone here know what is causing this to fail?
    Also I have nothing on the desktop PC yet. Not even the $windows BT folder.
    Btw, in a earlier post I stated I downloaded the media creation tool and used it to create a usb drive. I removed those folders from this desktop so hopefully it don't interfere with the upgrade.
    Anyone else here who don't have the $windows BT folder on C drive yet?

cheers

Scramjet, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Sandi1987 Win User
    Will Windows works, if i remove this two Folders after Upgrade from Windows 8.1?

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Scramjet Win User

$Windows folders

I removed them yesterday from c: drive on this desktop and all is working fine. I don't think they have anything to do with windows 8.1 operation. Well not for me anyways...everything is running fine. For me the $windows~BT folder was only created because I used the creation tool. I have yet to get that folder to start the upgrade process *Sad

cheers

Scramjet, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Scramjet Win User
    Well I decided to follow the instructions posted here on this forum and delete the contents of the \windows\softwaredistribution\download folder on the windows 7 home laptop and instantly the windows 10 download started. all went successful and activated.
    Now I wish MS would at least sent me the $windows~BT folder on my desktop *Sad

Scramjet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

$Windows folders

1. $Windows folders - Similar Threads - $Windows folders

2. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  3. quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick access not showing folders when using file explorer. windows 11: the quick access area on top of files when opening file explorer, no longer theirfile explorer only shows recent and favorite filesi have run DISM.exe came back with no problem....
  4. I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders: Not wildly inconvenient but strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-and-reindexed-but-now-i/55ffc742-3d2f-4329-898e-928b42221584
  5. I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders: Not wildly inconvenient but strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-and-reindexed-but-now-i/55ffc742-3d2f-4329-898e-928b42221584
  6. I reinstalled windows and reindexed but now I cannot search the C drive only other folders

7. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  8. Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11

Cannot Change Folder File Icons Windows 11: Hello, I am having issues changing the icon of my folder files on my new Windows 11 computer. I am able to go into properties, select the .ico icon I want, and click apply and exit, but the icon does not change. When I go back into the properties of the folder, the icon is...
  9. How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11: I want to completely remove the "Music" Folder type in Explorer. Totally.It feels like this model is giving me nightmares since windows exist and in its different versions. :- I display folders depending on its content and customise them to my needs. Fplder properties >...
  10. How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11

How to DELETE completly the automatic MUSIC folder type in Explorer windows 11: I want to completely remove the "Music" Folder type in Explorer. Totally.It feels like this model is giving me nightmares since windows exist and in its different versions. :- I display folders depending on its content and customise them to my needs. Fplder properties >...