Windows 10: Windows for some apps open and then disappear without any content painted therein

Discus and support Windows for some apps open and then disappear without any content painted therein in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the spring 2018 Win 10 major update, I am having a problem on my HP Desktop h8-1240t with only those Microsoft apps I have used before (Calc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yurkol, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Yurkol Win User

Windows for some apps open and then disappear without any content painted therein

After the spring 2018 Win 10 major update, I am having a problem on my HP Desktop h8-1240t with only those Microsoft apps I have used before (Calc, Search, Minesweeper, Sudoku, Solitaire) - app windows open and then disappear after a sec or so without any content painted therein. No such problem on Lenovo laptop after the update.

Running apps from command line does not leave any error trace. SFC utility does not find any system corruption.

Reinstalling apps from either system context menu or PowerShall followed by computer restart does not fix the problem.

Looks like some other users are also having this problem...

Any advice short of complete Win 10 reinstall?

Thank you,

-- Yury

:)

Yurkol, Jul 16, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As of now, there is no option to disappear mouse pointer and turn into a dot or circle.I suggest you to use feedback inside the fresh paint app and give feedback regarding this.

Please follow the steps below:

• Open fresh paint.
    • Click on hub(the three lines, in top left corner).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on send feedback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 16, 2018
  4. JimWynne Win User

Windows for some apps open and then disappear without any content painted therein

Paint suddenly disappeared and I want it back!

Do exactly what I said to do. Open the Start menu and type "Paint." I will break it down into steps for you:

• Open the Start menu
    • Type "paint"
    Just type--not in a search box--just type.

JimWynne, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows for some apps open and then disappear without any content painted therein - Similar Threads - apps open disappear

2. How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10: HiI want to sell my laptop or give it to someone, so. I want to delete and remove any personal content and data on my laptop except windows and anything related to the windowsLike when you erase an iPhone to factory defaults, any contents and personal information will be...
  3. How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10: HiI want to sell my laptop or give it to someone, so. I want to delete and remove any personal content and data on my laptop except windows and anything related to the windowsLike when you erase an iPhone to factory defaults, any contents and personal information will be...
  4. How to delete any personal content and data without any affection to the windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar disappear from bottom, but show up in left side without any content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappear from bottom, but show up in left side without any content: The taskbak disappeared from screen bottom, and showed up on my leftside of the screen. And there isn't any content in taskbar. How to fix it?I tried in windows config about taskbar, but nothing can fix....
  6. Taskbar disappear from bottom, but show up in left side without any content

Taskbar disappear from bottom, but show up in left side without any content: The taskbak disappeared from screen bottom, and showed up on my leftside of the screen. And there isn't any content in taskbar. How to fix it?I tried in windows config about taskbar, but nothing can fix....
  7. Microsoft store and apps flash on screen and disappear without opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and apps flash on screen and disappear without opening: I have tried all of the options i have found online to correct this problem. I have done all my updates, cleared the store cache, used the troubleshooter for apps which did work a couple weeks ago ran command prompts, did a scan, downloaded media creation tool and...
  8. Machine uses 80% of the RAM without any app open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine uses 80% of the RAM without any app open: So i was checking it because i need it for college and I found out it uses a fuckton of ram in processes that apparently don’t require any apps open. Any solution to this? submitted by /u/Pepoidus [link] [comments]...
  9. email content disappeared in mail and calndar app

in Windows 10 Customization
    email content disappeared in mail and calndar app: hi the email and calendar content disappeared suddenly . when I open mail and calendar app in windows 10 , I can see my email accounts added but cant send receive emails and cant see older emails in any of the email accounts...
  10. some apps will not open

some apps will not open: Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message 15402