Windows 10: Windows freeze then black screen

Discus and support Windows freeze then black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since yesterday, Windows (x64 Pro) keeps freezing with a black screen while gaming (I have to do a forced restart or shutdown), at random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Windows freeze then black screen

Hi,

Since yesterday, Windows (x64 Pro) keeps freezing with a black screen while gaming (I have to do a forced restart or shutdown), at random intervals of time, sometimes I can play for about 5 minutes, other times for about 40 minutes, other times for even more. Until yesterday I didn't had any problems with it. Beside what I did in the following list, is there anything else I could try to do to fix it?

What I tried:

- Running "sfc /scannow" command with admin rights;

- Running "Windows Memory Diagnostic";

- Reinstall the latest video driver;

- Running "Error checking" on all partitions;

- Removing temp files;

- Watching temps for both GPU and CPU, which both were at ~60 C (while gaming);

- Reducing GPU frequency by 25%.

:)

Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Jul 22, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows freeze then black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows freeze then black screen

1. Windows freeze then black screen - Similar Threads - freeze black screen

2. black screen freeze on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen freeze on windows 11.: Since few weeks i have an annoying bug that happen at random like more or less once every weeki use my laptop to do random stuff surfing, watch video streaming, etc, and suddenly the screen turn black no text, no cursor, just a black background, if watching video at this...
  3. black screen freeze on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen freeze on windows 11.: Since few weeks i have an annoying bug that happen at random like more or less once every weeki use my laptop to do random stuff surfing, watch video streaming, etc, and suddenly the screen turn black no text, no cursor, just a black background, if watching video at this...
  4. PC Freezing and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing and black screen: So, i've been getting these problems kinda alot these days, it started like 3 weeks ago when i had my online school, so basically anytime i launch a game, and also sometimes when i just start my computer, the screen freezes. After waiting like 20 seconds the screen goes...
  5. Constant freeze and black screening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freeze and black screening.: Fresh installed on two different ssd's. After I login I have about 5 or 10 seconds to make an action before it freezes, goes black for a few seconds, the gpu revs then comes back on and I have another couple of seconds to do something and rinse and repeat. It's almost...
  6. Freeze and black screen

Freeze and black screen: I got a new motherboard Mask b450 tomohawk max And I paired it with ryzen 3 1200, rx570 4gb Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 3000mhz I used a fresh install of Windows using the tool Updated the pc and installed and updated every driver But be every now and again after about an hour...
  7. Black Screen and Freezing

Black Screen and Freezing: Hello Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does eventually load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-freezing/69e80997-de94-4bcd-9daa-f5fb3415ea6c
  8. Black screen and freezes?

Black screen and freezes?: Other day was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went black and the keyboard froze. It was lit up but neither the numlock nor capslock would light up. Reset the computer and kept going into a boot loop. Was going to reinstall windows on a fresh install. Tried...
  9. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...
  10. Windows 10 freezes and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes and black screen: I have a laptop and welcome/login screen works very slowly but i've managed to wait it out. When my laptop finally logins i get black screen instead of my desktop, all i can see and move is my mouse cursor. But when i Shift+Restart to boot in safe mode or restore pc data i...