Windows 10: Windows freezes completely after some minutes since Creators Update

Discus and support Windows freezes completely after some minutes since Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, first post here. I have a problem with Windows 10 since the Creators Update, all previous versions of Windows 10 ran just fine on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by haestan, Apr 15, 2017.

1. haestan Win User

Windows freezes completely after some minutes since Creators Update

Hello everyone, first post here.

I have a problem with Windows 10 since the Creators Update, all previous versions of Windows 10 ran just fine on my computer.

I have the following problem after the upgrade.
    I can boot and log into Windows just fine, then after around 2 to 5 minutes, everything completely freezes. There's no indication of an error, I can still move the mouse but nothing else works. If I move the mouse over the task bar, I often get the spinning blue circle.
    The only option I then have, is to force shutdown the computer.

I already tried to do a fresh installation of Windows Pro using a USB installer and unplugged all devices that are not necessary, but the problem persists.

Since a reinstall didn't solve the problem, I suspect it could be some hardware incompatibility. My hardware looks as follows:
    i7 3770k, GA Z77-DS3H, 16GB Kingston Ram, Samsung 840 SSD, Geforce 970TI

Does anyone has an idea what the problem could be or what else I could to do to solve this issue?

Thanks for any tips.

:)

haestan, Apr 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update

Since my Windows 10 creators update, my computer freezes every few minutes and I have to restart. The computer is unusable. Does anyone know how to fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MonnieBrockman, Apr 15, 2017
  3. KB890830 - slow boot up + random freezes

This update completely broke my install.

My laptop went from a 30s boot-up to several minutes (in which it is unusable). I started experiencing random freezes, even in something as simple as logging back in from the lockscreen, or simply opening windows explorer. I had to do forced reboots more times
    in the past few days than ever since I bought the laptop up until now.

After uninstalling it everything went back to normal.

Anyone else experienced this?

Also worth noting that even though there was no mention about this in the changelog, this updated added Windos Creators info to the Updater.

GarryT23132, Apr 15, 2017
  4. haestan Win User

It seems that a firmware upgrade to the latest version (EXT0DB6Q) of the Samsung 840 EVO SSD has resolved the issue.

haestan, Apr 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows freezes completely after some minutes since Creators Update - Similar Threads - freezes completely minutes

2. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming: Everything was normal before, but yesterday, from the first attempt to play, after a few minutes, windows just crashes, the screen goes black, and the sound glitches out.Tried a few games, every one of them ends up in the same situation, my screen just goes black and the...
  3. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming: Everything was normal before, but yesterday, from the first attempt to play, after a few minutes, windows just crashes, the screen goes black, and the sound glitches out.Tried a few games, every one of them ends up in the same situation, my screen just goes black and the...
  4. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Through some automatic update my windows explorer freezes for multiple minutes after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Through some automatic update my windows explorer freezes for multiple minutes after...: I came back from a 3 week vacation and did not actively update anything. Everything worked as usual except a few programs mostly games like League of Legends or Overwatch 2 that made my windows explorer freeze or at least thats what I think happens the second they started up....
  6. Through some automatic update my windows explorer freezes for multiple minutes after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Through some automatic update my windows explorer freezes for multiple minutes after...: I came back from a 3 week vacation and did not actively update anything. Everything worked as usual except a few programs mostly games like League of Legends or Overwatch 2 that made my windows explorer freeze or at least thats what I think happens the second they started up....
  7. Through some automatic update my windows explorer freezes for multiple minutes after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows freezes every 5 minutes since KB4559309 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freezes every 5 minutes since KB4559309 update: My desktop computer automatically installed the KB4559309 update yesterday. Since then the screen freezes after 5-10 minutes and no mouse or keyboard commands work. I updated all drivers and do not get any error reports, so i don`t even know where to start. Does any one have...
  9. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  10. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...