Windows 10: Windows freezes on startup

Discus and support Windows freezes on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ever since ive upgaded to win 10 on starting up my computer it freezes on boot up when it hase the black square with the white dots swirling around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Drakonis, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Drakonis Win User

Windows freezes on startup

ever since ive upgaded to win 10 on starting up my computer it freezes on boot up when it hase the black square with the white dots swirling around they freeze after 4 or 5 passes. i have to hard shut it off and try again some times it can boot up correctly but some times it take 2 or 3 or even 4 tries. I think i have narrowed the event down in event viewer but have not found a solution to the issue anywhere.

The description for Event ID 263 from source Win32k cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.The following information was included with the event: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

i think this is the event it shows up on as many time it has failed to boot but i have not found a solution.

:)

Drakonis, Jan 2, 2017

2. Window 10 freeze on startup and can't do update

For about 24 hours I had no problems with freezing whatsoever after excluding windows defender's own directory from

the scanned directories, but now the issues came back. It started freezing again. I have disabled early lunch malware protection in the advanced startup menu, but it did not work also, still experienced freezing.

I can only start in safe mode without freezing during or after startup.

I have tried startup repair many times before but it did not work.

I will look into the above mentioned merhods and update if I see any results.

GáborRákóczi, Jan 2, 2017
  3. RobGQ_65 Win User
    Windows 10 hangs up on startup after installation

I have the exact same problems with Windows 10 freezing at startup and I have performed a clean reset with no apps on my computer. I tried the Startup Repair tool and received a message that Startup Repair could not repair your PC. Log File:C:/WINDOWS/System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt.
    Please let me know if anyone has a solution to the start up freezing issue. Thank you

RobGQ_65, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    The latest dump indicates a problem with bcmwl63a.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80f6033dd64, ffffe400e8f2eb58, ffffe400e8f2e380} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : bcmwl63a.sys ( bcmwl63a+10dd64 )[/quote] This belongs to your ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Network Adapter, which is really made by Broadcom.

Do you use the wireless network? If not, disable in it Device Manager or remove it. Otherwise see if there is a newer driver available, though from what I can find, you already have the latest. The one installed is dated 9/19/2015 12:42:15 AM.

You could try uninstalling it from Device Manager then reboot and let Windows rediscover it and reload the driver, see if that heklps.

Ztruker, Jan 4, 2017
  6. Drakonis Win User
    12:42 isnt a time i booted my pc yeah the wifi driver has been buggy but its stable now the start up hang happened somewhere around 7am and the fast start up disable did not fix the issue

Drakonis, Jan 4, 2017
  7. Drakonis Win User
    oh ill try uninstalling the wifi card i see what you where talking about 12:45 nvm on the above comment about that ill let you know what has come of it

Drakonis, Jan 4, 2017
  8. Drakonis Win User

ok yeah that seems to be it no issues when the wifi card was uninstalled at all my only issue now is to get a new wifi card because i need wifi in my location is there a card you could recommend me that wont have the same issues i have tried multiple drivers and the one im on works the best for this desktop so i need a new card

Drakonis, Jan 4, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Good luck, let me know how you make out.

I have a Realtek RTL8188E Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC in my Lenovo Desktop, Never had a problem though I seldom use it.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows freezes on startup - Similar Threads - freezes startup

2. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  3. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  4. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  5. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  6. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  7. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  8. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup: my windows is freezing on startup. when I restart or open up my desktop, when it arrives at the windows logo and loads, it hangs all the time. All I can do is to go to bios and to save and reset there so I could access my pc. Is there a way to solve this? tried so many...
  10. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup: my windows is freezing on startup. when I restart or open up my desktop, when it arrives at the windows logo and loads, it hangs all the time. All I can do is to go to bios and to save and reset there so I could access my pc. Is there a way to solve this? tried so many...