Windows 10: Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

Discus and support Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johanruda, Dec 12, 2017.

1. johanruda Win User

Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

Hey peeps!

I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8.
    Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops.

Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a fresh install as well, but same problem.
    We did not have these issues in Win8.

Any thoughts?

:)

johanruda, Dec 12, 2017

2. computer keeps freezing for every 2 seconds when i updated windows

I updated windows on my laptop and all it does is freeze every 2 seconds its frustrating me plz help me

monty murry, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 screen freezes every 3 seconds when I move the cursor

I've had this problem 2 times after Fall Creators Update.

The first time I updated on purpose and after that my screen was freezing every 2-3 seconds when I moved the pointer, but luckly I had the option of reverting the update.

The second time was an automatic update, but the pointer movement had the same effects , my screen was freezing and now I can't revert it.

In both cases my drivers were up to date, but the problem is still there.

I checked for updates again and there seems to be something that didn't installed properly.

Please help me :/

JordanJavier, Dec 12, 2017
  4. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

My computer runs very hot and turns off or freezes this is one of the most common problems. Most likely this problem is heat related.

Any laptop has a cooling module which includes two parts: the heat sink and cooling fan. When it works, the processor (CPU) heats up and the heat sing heats up too. At some temperature level, the fan kicks in and cools down the heatsink. The problem starts when the cooling module collects too much dust inside. The dust kills normal airflow inside the cooling module. Eventually, the processor overheats and the laptop turns off unexpectedly or freezes.

This problem can be fixed by cleaning the cooling module.

Cleaning the cooling module.

Some laptops give you an easy access to the heatsink and fan. In laptops like that you can access the cooling module through the bottom cover.
    In my example I had to remove the cooling module. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to remove the fan and access the heatsink.
    In some models you can remove the fan without separating the heatsink from the CPU.
    After I removed the fan, I found a thick layer of dust inside. Cleaning it up will fix the overheating problem.

Apply thermal paste on the processor.

You should apply new thermal paste before installing the heat sink back in place.

robertosburn, Dec 13, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    For HP computers open the HP website > software and drivers > enter product or serial number > view drivers/software/firmware
    Look for UEFI hardware diagnostics > download and install
    Or download and install from this HP website for the latest version:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

Instead of installing another option is to use a flash drive.
    For the computer once it is installed > power on and repetitively click the F2 or F10 key to open the BIOS diagnostics or BIOS menu respectively.
    For the flash drive > power on and repetitively click the F9 key to open the boot menu to boot to the external USB hard drive.

Run the loop until failure mode overnight.
    If it has made 2 loops the next day (duration is impacted most by RAM and Drive) then click the keyboard escape key and check the log to confirm the pass. If there is any problem with the hardware the testing is designed to automatically abort. So if the battery is bad the test would abort early and there would be very little hardware testing.

Once you have ruled out hardware problems with the HP UEFI diagnostics you can then look for problematic applications/software by placing the computer in clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-10.aspx

If the freezing disappears using clean boot then it is likely one of the non-Microsoft services. This can be troubleshooted to narrow down or isolate the problematic service.

If the freezing does not improve with clean boot then move to safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt.

Report into the thread:
    1) The results of the HP UEFI diagnostics
    2) The change in hangs/freezes with clean boot
    3) The change in hangs/freezes with safe mode

zbook, Dec 13, 2017
  6. johanruda Win User
    I solved it eventually.

I tried deactivating devices one after another in the Device Manager and noticed that the freezing stopped when I deactivated one of the two graphics cards.
    AMD generic drivers didn't work with those properly, not even the newest one from HP, so I tried an old driver from 2015 and that solved it.

Also disabled Windows Update from updating drivers so she won't have the problem pop up again in the future.

johanruda, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

1. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time - Similar Threads - freezing every seconds

2. computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.: I hit on a facebook message and one of those blue screens popped up saying my computer had been infected and directed me to a somewhere else. I did not go. I had seen this before and restarting fixed it. In this case my computer is freezing every 6 seconds for 6 seconds. I...
  3. computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.: I hit on a facebook message and one of those blue screens popped up saying my computer had been infected and directed me to a somewhere else. I did not go. I had seen this before and restarting fixed it. In this case my computer is freezing every 6 seconds for 6 seconds. I...
  4. Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.: Hey i have a problem i started upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and once windows 10 loaded i relized that the screen freezes for 2-1 seconds and every 2-1 seconds. On windows 8.1 it dosent have that problem. Its a problem i went to youtube when a youtube video loads...
  5. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  8. Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds

Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds: Hi, So I had a problem with my laptop freezing for about a second every ~2seconds. I clean installed windows and the problem persisted. I found a problem with my hard drive so I got a new one and replaced it. The problem still persisted. I have a hard drive with linux...
  9. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix computer freezing every 2 seconds

2. pc freezes for a split second every 2 seconds

3. how to fix pc screen freezing every 2 seconds

4. windows pauses and every 2 seconds ,
  5. freezes every 2 seconds,
  6. windows freezes for 2 seconds