Windows 10: Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10

Discus and support Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10 Home started out of the clear blue sky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EileenJones1, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10

Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10 Home started out of the clear blue sky

:)

EileenJones1, Jul 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10

1. Windows freezing when I plug in a USB device windows 10 - Similar Threads - freezing plug USB

2. BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD c0000409 when USB device plug-in: Hi This failure happened when I plug in a USB device connect to windows system USB port.Can you let me know what the reason is cause this crash? Is caused by the USB device?fffff805`34df7d60 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffff805`39671ec0=00000000000001390: kd>...
  3. Windows XP boot looping when plugging in USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP boot looping when plugging in USB device: Hi,I am using a USB adapter with my Windows XP.I plugged in a USB device into the USB adapter. Then my PC randomly started boot looping out of nowhere. What could have caused this? Suggestions for a fix please?Thank you...
  4. Windows XP boot looping when plugging in USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP boot looping when plugging in USB device: Hi,I am using a USB adapter with my Windows XP.I plugged in a USB device into the USB adapter. Then my PC randomly started boot looping out of nowhere. What could have caused this? Suggestions for a fix please?Thank you...
  5. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  6. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  7. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  9. USB device not recognized when plugged in

USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  10. Windows 10 not booting when USB devices are plugged into computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting when USB devices are plugged into computer: Hi everyone, My computer started to not boot into Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and it just sat on a black screen. I then went into BIOS and checked but I couldn't alter anything which might've helped. The blue recovery screen appeared and I have re-installed windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freezing once item is plugged into ports of laptop asus