Windows 10: Windows genuineness Icon has disappeared

Discus and support Windows genuineness Icon has disappeared in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After I did a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on visiting Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System I used to see Under Windows activation at the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by junglee, Aug 16, 2015.

1. junglee Win User

Windows genuineness Icon has disappeared

After I did a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on visiting Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System I used to see Under Windows activation at the bottom not only that Windows is activated but also an Icon confirming that the Windows was genuine.

Now for some mysterious reason the genuineness Icon has disappeared. I wonder why this has happened. Would some expert please clarify?

Amarnath Wanchoo

:)

junglee, Aug 16, 2015

2. I need a Microsoft support number. My windows 10 desktop has disappeared.

I need a Microsoft support number. My windows 10 desktop has disappeared. Why is it so impossible to find a genuine phone number. I would like my desktop and icons back. Help help help

francestmeyers, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Disappearance of Get Windows 10 icon in System Tray

I have a genuine copy of Windows 8.1 and the GWX icon appeared in the system tray around June. However, the icon suddenly disappeared right on the day when Windows 10 was launched globally (29/7) at 5.00 p.m. Malaysia Time after I had restarted my laptop.
    Is there anyway to get it back or is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for any reply.

LuminousLenard, Aug 16, 2015
  4. damocles Win User

If it is activated by MS servers then it is genuine.

damocles, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Windows 10 doesn't display that ICON. It was likely part of the Windows Genuine Advantage patch done to Windows 7 to weed out pirated systems. It's done differently in Windows 10. Non of my systems have that Icon. I don't think Windows 8 displays it either. I wouldn't let it bother you. If the system page shows you as activated your good.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows genuineness Icon has disappeared - Similar Threads - genuineness Icon has

2. My wifi icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi icon has disappeared: Today when I opened my laptop I noticed my wifi icon was missing. There are no networks or Wi-Fi to connect to. When I go to my settings, there are bluetooth settings, but if I try to connect to any device it just says "bluetooth is not enabled", however the button to turn...
  3. My wifi icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi icon has disappeared: Today when I opened my laptop I noticed my wifi icon was missing. There are no networks or Wi-Fi to connect to. When I go to my settings, there are bluetooth settings, but if I try to connect to any device it just says "bluetooth is not enabled", however the button to turn...
  4. Canon printer icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon printer icon has disappeared: Where is my canon printer icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer-icon-has-disappeared/4a414302-0e86-4ae9-afc6-68335f53a6d9
  5. My Bluetooth Icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Bluetooth Icon has disappeared: I no longer have access to turn on my Bluetooth in the settings. How do fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-icon-has-disappeared/31e6efe2-b521-4f96-8335-ee9ed5cc5e2a
  6. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  7. Desktop Network icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Network icon has disappeared: Yesterday I did a repair install and followed that up with some of my normal tweaks such as changing desktop icons, removing icons from explorer navigation pane and such. This morning I noticed that my desktop network icon has disappeared. You can see from the pic that my...
  8. My wireless Icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wireless Icon has disappeared: My wireless Icon has disappeared, How can i get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-icon-has-disappeared/769417e7-4dff-4c5a-bb26-798415bf68f0
  9. Email has disappeared, icons have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email has disappeared, icons have disappeared.: Windows 10 is not my friend. After closing laptop down and restarting the following day, most icons have disappeared (they were on the bottom of screen) and among the one that disappeared was my email, I can not get to my email anymore. I looked in as many places as I...
  10. Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive tray icon has disappeared: Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is installed". I downloaded the latest version and got the same error. Trying to run Onedrive from the startmenu gives the same error!...