Windows 10: Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

Discus and support Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a dual boot Win 10 system, 32 bit and 64 bit. The x64 is my main OS but when updating it gets stuck at the first configuring updates screen for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by banger, Dec 13, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

I have a dual boot Win 10 system, 32 bit and 64 bit. The x64 is my main OS but when updating it gets stuck at the first configuring updates screen for about 15 minutes. Its the same for the 32 bit OS but that gets stuck for about 10 minutes.

Is there a fix? I have tried system cleanup trying to clean Update files with no effect.

:)

banger, Dec 13, 2016
  2. tomashley Win User

NSU Stuck at 15mins on N95 8GB V20 update

Hi I have just tried to update my N95 8GB (vodafone uk) and it seems the software updater is stuck at 15mins remaining. It has said 15 mins to go for over 15 mins now.

What is the best thing to do in this situation?

I am using vista with compatability for xp service pack 2 turned on for NSU.

tomashley, Dec 13, 2016
  3. GezSugg Win User
    HP Laptop will not sleep AFTER approx. 10 minutes of use - Windows 10

Hi. Tried both these steps. Neither worked. Any suggestions please?

It seems odd that it will sleep if I log-in and choose sleep within 15 mins (approx.). Anything longer and it gets stuck.

GezSugg, Dec 13, 2016
  4. Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

Try to run WF.bat as admin.

TairikuOkami, Dec 13, 2016
  5. banger Win User
    Whats it do, I also get a warning about Unknown publisher.

banger, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Phone Man Win User
    All my systems took that long on the latest update. I just let it run and it completed OK.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

1. Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins - Similar Threads - gets stuck configuring

2. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  3. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  4. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  6. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  7. Stuck on configuring windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on configuring windows update: How can i fix[IMG] this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-configuring-windows-update/a6c3ea24-48f3-4dc9-aede-56dabacd0c8e
  8. why am I getting this notification every 15 min?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why am I getting this notification every 15 min?: I don't know what's the meaning of these notifications . is it important? My system is up to date 19042.662 169960
  9. Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD (~15 mins): Hi there, Typing quick, frequent crashes! Logs attached. Suspecting PSU/CPU failure, but trying to isolate before buying new one. Symptoms are a screen freeze before Windows crash screen. Happening more frequently, under little/no load. Software independent, and has...
  10. Update configuration stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update configuration stuck: while installing update 2004 my computer got stuck with configuring windows 10 for ghe updates. I have been waiting for over a hour and the obly thing that happend, that my mouse is very laggy and moves very slow. Fast help would be nice since i don‘t want to shut down my pc...