Windows 10: Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

Discus and support Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a dual boot Win 10 system, 32 bit and 64 bit. The x64 is my main OS but when updating it gets stuck at the first configuring updates screen for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by banger, Dec 13, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

I have a dual boot Win 10 system, 32 bit and 64 bit. The x64 is my main OS but when updating it gets stuck at the first configuring updates screen for about 15 minutes. Its the same for the 32 bit OS but that gets stuck for about 10 minutes.

Is there a fix? I have tried system cleanup trying to clean Update files with no effect.

:)

banger, Dec 13, 2016
  2. tomashley Win User

NSU Stuck at 15mins on N95 8GB V20 update

Hi I have just tried to update my N95 8GB (vodafone uk) and it seems the software updater is stuck at 15mins remaining. It has said 15 mins to go for over 15 mins now.

What is the best thing to do in this situation?

I am using vista with compatability for xp service pack 2 turned on for NSU.

tomashley, Dec 13, 2016
  3. GezSugg Win User
    HP Laptop will not sleep AFTER approx. 10 minutes of use - Windows 10

Hi. Tried both these steps. Neither worked. Any suggestions please?

It seems odd that it will sleep if I log-in and choose sleep within 15 mins (approx.). Anything longer and it gets stuck.

GezSugg, Dec 13, 2016
  4. Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

Try to run WF.bat as admin.

TairikuOkami, Dec 13, 2016
  5. banger Win User
    Whats it do, I also get a warning about Unknown publisher.

banger, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Phone Man Win User
    All my systems took that long on the latest update. I just let it run and it completed OK.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins

1. Windows gets stuck on configuring updates for 15 mins - Similar Threads - gets stuck configuring

2. Update stuck after configuring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck after configuring: The latest windows update has downloaded, installed, configured and now gone to blue screen saying 'working on updates 0%. Do not turn off your PC. This will take a while. Your PC will restart several times.' It has been on 0% for an hour now although the blue dot circle...
  3. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again....
  4. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again. I've never had this...
  5. Dell Inspiron 15 stuck in reboot on update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron 15 stuck in reboot on update: I had purchased a laptop used, but from orignal buyer and when i first turn it on it works perfectly, but still had some of the previous owners documents pictures etc. on it. So i went and rebooted the computer not knowing it was im assuming needing the october 2018 update....
  6. window 10 freeze up after 10-15 mins

window 10 freeze up after 10-15 mins: Hello all, My notebook has win 10 installed but within a short while of using any program the computer would completely lockup. Nothing would unlock it. CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't work and i have to hard reboot the notebook. i had run DISM and SFC / scannow, but both were...
  7. Sfc /scannow Stuck at 15%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow Stuck at 15%: So my Sfc /scannow is stuck at 15% I've sawn I must reinstall windows to fix it, is there any other way? 123277
  8. Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete is stuck on that screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete is stuck on that screen: How can I fix my Dell XPS 13 stuck on 0% for Windows 10 update? The blue screen has done nothing for hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configuring-update-for-windows-10-0-complete-is/2c8f618a-b89a-4853-a01f-a480b46f55cc
  9. Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins: It's so weird before it was rare (stuck at splash screen glitch) i did the upgrade from win 7 to 10 and my system had random skips and black screens. Then my 120 ssd died but not before i could clone it and it did the same on the new ssd. So i tried a clean install and cured...
  10. Stuck on configure with spinning wheel

Stuck on configure with spinning wheel: Update stuck on spinning wheel following download of drivers etc and after copying files. Black screen with blue logo and continuos spinning wheel. 11811