Windows 10: Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to...

Discus and support Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an LG monitor connected to my Lenovo laptop and I keep getting the "hardware insert" sound whenever the monitor is connected to the laptop using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kenzie Lee, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to...

I have an LG monitor connected to my Lenovo laptop and I keep getting the "hardware insert" sound whenever the monitor is connected to the laptop using hdmi cable. Whenever the sound is played, my mouse stops moving for a second before moving again.

:)

Kenzie Lee, Feb 23, 2024

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to... 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Windows 10 is not recognizing my second monitor which is a HP vs19e.

Hi Allen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + Q”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to refer to the below link and check:

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors
    (the link also applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful. Keep us posted with the updated status to assist you further. We’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to...

windows Can't detect my second monitor

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What happens when you try to connect the second monitor?

• Do you receive any error code/message?

• Have you tried to connect the second monitor on a different port?
    I suggest you to connect second display using a different port available on your PC and check if the second display works. If second display works in other port, then the possible cause for this issue may be discrete video card driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Also, see:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to...

1. Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to... - Similar Threads - hardware insert sound

2. Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "hardware insert" sound is played every few seconds when my monitor is connected to...: I have an LG monitor connected to my Lenovo laptop and I keep getting the "hardware insert" sound whenever the monitor is connected to the laptop using hdmi cable. Whenever the sound is played, my mouse stops moving for a second before moving again....
  3. Windows 11 USB connect sound keeps playing every 4 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 USB connect sound keeps playing every 4 seconds: My Windows 11 USB connect sound keeps playing every 4 seconds and I tried restarting my laptop and it didn't help. When I go to my device manager it keeps reloading at the same interval of the sound. I saw some advice online and decided to disable my Universal Serial Bus...
  4. Windows 11 USB connect sound keeps playing every 4 seconds

Windows 11 USB connect sound keeps playing every 4 seconds: My Windows 11 USB connect sound keeps playing every 4 seconds and I tried restarting my laptop and it didn't help. When I go to my device manager it keeps reloading at the same interval of the sound. I saw some advice online and decided to disable my Universal Serial Bus...
  5. Sound Glichting every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Glichting every few seconds.: Hello.I've been having audio problems on my Windows 11 PC for a few weeks now. The sound interrupts, skips and distorts every few seconds. These problems occur when I listen to music from the browser, WMP or when I play games. I tried uninstalling the drivers, undoing Windows...
  6. Sound Glichting every few seconds.

Sound Glichting every few seconds.: Hello.I've been having audio problems on my Windows 11 PC for a few weeks now. The sound interrupts, skips and distorts every few seconds. These problems occur when I listen to music from the browser, WMP or when I play games. I tried uninstalling the drivers, undoing Windows...
  7. When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.

When I turn on my pc the monitor and keyboard go on and off every Few seconds.: Once I turn on my pc, the monitor and keyboar turn on and off every few seconds. The lights and fans all work. Black screen on the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-pc-the-monitor-and-keyboard-go/9379332b-dcfe-43eb-89fe-8746f68ddc96
  8. Second monitor powers on and off every few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor powers on and off every few seconds: I connected an LG IPS234 monitor to my wife's HP laptop using an HDMI conversion cable. When I first connected it it worked fine. But after my wife powered down and up the next day it stopped working and hasn't worked since. The power goes on and off every few seconds. Right...
  9. Windows freezes every few seconds (stutters) when i turn of my second screen/monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes every few seconds (stutters) when i turn of my second screen/monitor.: Hi all, As the title says, whenever one of my screens are turned off, windows start to stutter and freeze every few seconds for a second. It is getting really annoying. I downgraded windows to factory settings a while ago and that "fixed" it. Now i have the last version of...
  10. HDMI connection makes my TV/monitor black out for a few seconds every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI connection makes my TV/monitor black out for a few seconds every few minutes.: I just purchased a ASUS laptop, Windows 10 Pro and when I connect my tv with HDMI connection, the tv turns black for a second or two often. Connecting to my ASUS Chromebook with the same HDMI is not a problem. I updated m display adapters and still not working well....