Windows 10: Windows has not loaded correctly error

Discus and support Windows has not loaded correctly error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just upgraded a laptop of a friend from Windows 8 to Windows 10....all went smoothly, except when starting up get the message Windows has not loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Windows has not loaded correctly error

Just upgraded a laptop of a friend from Windows 8 to Windows 10....all went smoothly, except when starting up get the message Windows has not loaded correctly......with an error message DRV - possibly IRQ with a number which she couldn't write down quick enough

she he has tried the troubleshooting steps, but does not want to reset and lose apps or data....there is an option to recover back to Windows 8, but don't really want to do,this ' yet '

She was unable to get into safe mode, as I have read turning off fast boot can solve this issue, or perhaps a clean boot...

before upgrading she had had mcaffee and avast installed, I planned to uninstall mcaffee after the upgrade...

Could anyone suggest a solution please ?

I did a true image backup first, so that is an option also

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 not loaded correctly

Hi Edmund,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner and check if u get any suspicious or bug on your computer. To perform
    Microsoft Safety Scanner please visit the below link:

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the issue still try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to perform Clean boot and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot. (Steps applies to Windows 10).
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the above method does not fix the try below information provided.

Method 3.

This issue could be due to the system file is corrupt. I recommend you to perform SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Follow the below
    link on how to run SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not loaded correctly

I am having trouble with one of our home computers and the installation of windows 10.

We used the free upgrade option to load the new software but it doesn't seem to have fully loaded. The computer is now running very slowly. I would like to try to reload windows 10 but unfortunately nothing happens when I select the "settings" button meaning
    I am not able to utilize the recovery facility in windows 10.

I would appreciate some advice to solve this problem.

EdmundNockolds, Mar 5, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows has not loaded correctly error

For one you were suppose to uninstall any Anti-virus before the upgrade. Was this the error message DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ? How did you do the upgrade, have Windows 10 media ? BSOD ?

jds63, Mar 5, 2016
  5. did live upgrade using media creation tool not sure about error, can find out more tomorrow...

no BSOD just Windows error
    thanks

6. jds63 Win User
    Without knowing error will be hard to tell exactly what the cause was. You can try an inplace repair upgrade and not loose anything.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    Not sure yet if this is your best resolution. Not able to get into windows or safe mode ?
    Need to remove this AV.

Also good to have a copy on Windows 10 Media in this case.As you can boot off it for troubleshooting.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

jds63, Mar 5, 2016
  7. running repair will feedback tomorrow
    thanks

8. jds63 Win User

Your welcome !
    Other then it being Anti-Virus, can be some hardware or driver issues. Can try the Windows media first try booting from it from the boot menu go to advanced options see if can get to safe mode remove the AV, maybe a startup repair.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Mar 5, 2016
  9. Burnt a Windows 10 DVD from your link...Thanks

​Will try get into safe mode from troubleshooting screen....and uninstall AV....DO a clean boot also...Maybe worth checking device manager for any exclamation marks ?

reddwarf4ever, Mar 6, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome.
    Safe mode determine same as clean boot will if a driver or other process is causing this, i also felt if AV caused you any issues can remove it in safe mode and no use in checking Device Manager there as safe mode will load only basic Microsoft drivers. Clean boot is done with MSCONFIG. I believe you will only be able to boot from the Windows 10 Media to the Advanced Options if you have a UEFI BIOS.
    Says it in info area at the beginning here. Other options in Advanced options, reset, command prompt, startup repair, but need to uninstall that AV. Always a clean install as an option, but not sure a cure yet.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Mar 6, 2016
  11. Collected the offending laptop this morning, after my friend had spent ages restarting and trying the repair option and given up...

Turned it on and went into Windows 10 desktop first time No issues...

Have removed Mcaffee and something called reimagined, don't know where that came from....

have ve added option to boot into safe mode, just in case....

Only remaining issue is Chrome will not run.....didn't work when on Windows 8 either, although edge ( now ) and IE ( before ) worked fine....

also ( now) can't get Ethernet to work, says unknown network, was ok before....wireless ok....uninstalled network card and chose remove drivers but still the same

12. Uninstalled chrome and now it runs ok....
    still having issues with Ethernet the laptop is a toshiba satellite C55 the network card is an Qualcomm atheros .....Any ideas ??? says unidentified network

13. jds63 Win User

Chrome, that' was it ?? Odd. How so through safe mode you uninstalled it ? Saying it boot fine now and only issue is the Network adapter ? Go to Toshiba's site and look for updated Network Adapter Drivers, check in Device Manager under this Network Adapter tell me what is shows. Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

jds63, Mar 6, 2016
  14. When I first powered it up, it ran Windows 10 without a hitch, can only assume the repair my friend did last night ( which didn't complete !! ) did something.....while in Windows, I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome and it worked ok.....apparently hadn't workd for ages....also uninstalled wininmage, which appeared to be a bit f a Trojan, as was difficult to uninstall...wifi working fine, but Ethernet cable not connecting....( usually a little LED flashes in the socket I thought, but nothing ) the device manager shows all ok....reinstalled drivers and chipset driver from toshiba website, but no change....puzzled

15. jds63 Win User
    O.k. first started thread saying laptop would not load properly or was stuck after logo screen. What or how did you do this repair with ?
    Not familiar with Winimage. Here i thought this issue happened right after upgrading to Windows 10, so these software's were on existing OS and a possible virus before you upgraded ? So it it only issues you feel you have now is Internet access ?

jds63, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows has not loaded correctly error - Similar Threads - has loaded correctly

2. Error: it looks like windows didn't load correctly .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: it looks like windows didn't load correctly .: I am unable to login to my operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-it-looks-like-windows-didnt-load-correctly/08927ac5-aa00-4961-9241-75b5855a7488
  3. Error: it looks like windows didn't load correctly .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: it looks like windows didn't load correctly .: I am unable to login to my operating system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-it-looks-like-windows-didnt-load-correctly/08927ac5-aa00-4961-9241-75b5855a7488
  4. Windows didn't load correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows didn't load correctly: Just wanted to reach out to experts to confirm and offer help on what I think is the issue with my desktop computer. I have had issues since Friday and have tried everything I could think of, but the computer is still down at this moment. The issue came after the latest...
  5. windows didnt load correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows didnt load correctly: Hi, every few days when I leave my computer on, I come back and it has the blue screen. "looks windows didnt load correctly". I do not know how to solve this. I have a new Dell AIO and have updated all the software, drivers, etc. and it still happens.Please help.Thank you....
  6. Windows wont load correctly

Windows wont load correctly: I restarted my surface pro because I had problems with my sound, but when turned it back on, it said windows didn't load correctly. So, I decided to press "startup and repair," but it said Startup Repair couldn't repair your pc. help?...
  7. A corrected hardware error has occurred.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.: I keep receiving this warning in the log. Is it normal and how to resolve it?Please help.xml view- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220}" />...
  8. "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" error

"It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" error: I'm on a Windows 10 computer. I've been trying to deal with this BSOD for a while now. It happens multiple times throughout the day, and I've tried various things to fix it. I've tried a system restore, a full reset, reinstalled Windows, and used DISM and SFC, but get errors...
  9. A corrected hardware error has occurred

A corrected hardware error has occurred: Just viewed Event Viewer and I'm totally shocked to see this error having notable entries in the event viewer every second.Its mentioned PCI Express Root Port Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express. Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5 Secondary Bus:Device:Function:...
  10. Windows didn't load correctly

Windows didn't load correctly: My windows didn't load correctly after an update. To run the advanced troubleshoot options, it requires the account password. The problem is that i use pin and fingerprint to login the account, and said options arent available in the troubleshoot options....