Windows 10: windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen

Discus and support windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had several of these unexpected shutdowns on my 10 year old HP running Vista in the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering if there is any way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fred22, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen

I've had several of these unexpected shutdowns on my 10 year old HP running Vista in the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering if there is any way of telling if this is a software or hardware issue. I know it's time for a new computer, but I really like Vista better than Win 10, which I running on the laptop I'm using right now. One of my main concerns is email continuity. We've had the same Comcast email addresses for years. Some on this forum have suggested Thunderbird, which I'll probably try if I have get a new PC. But for now, I'd like to get this "blue screen of death" issue resolved, if possible. Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

:)

Fred22, Sep 15, 2016
  2. LilBro Win User

Windows 10 upgrade stuck at checking for updates

Ain't happening. Win 10 won't download and Win 7 keeps crashing - "Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown". Real confidence inspiring there, guys. I guess even my computer doesn't want to upgrade to Win 10.

LilBro, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Recovering from Windows Insider build blue screen

Hi,

My surface Pro3 has bluescreened and won;t recover. It was on an older version of Windows 10 windows insider and had not been used for a few weeks. When I started it up it bluescreened.

What is the best way to recover from this ? Wondering with Windows 10 RTM about to release if I need to go straight to that or not.

Cheers,

Anne Wallace

WindowsGal, Sep 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Fred22 Win User
    I downloaded the BSOD files, opened them and my computer was analyzed. I have the DeBug zip file which I saved as an attachment. The other folder (Fred PC) would not attach. I assume all you need is the zip file? Please tell me how to upload them to you. The zip file is now in the "downloads" folder of my laptop. Just let me know what to do next.

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    See my previous post, it provides 2 links where the second is a link to a tutorial that describes how to upload a file on this site.

7. Fred22 Win User
    Attachment 102072
    This is the DEbug Zip file.

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  8. Fred22 Win User

Attachment 102073 Is this what you need? Or this Attachment 102074 ? I assume you need the latter as the first one is just an image. I thought it would upload the file, not a pic of the file. Hope you have what you need now...let me know.

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip, the current uploaded one misses several logs.
    You could check if there are
    • 18 .txt,
    • 1 .nfo,
    • 1 or more .dmp,
    files present, if this is the case then all logs are present *Smile
    If there are a few missing, no problem as we can get them manually if required *Smile

10. Fred22 Win User
    Attachment 102077

How about this? Anything missing?

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Looking at the size and the name it is the exact same one as previously uploaded.

As already requested, run the DM Log Collector again and check the content of the zip.

If after a few attempts there is no improvement, run following code (copy/paste) in an admin command prompt.
    Code: copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"&del "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab" /Q[/quote] It creates/copies some files on your desktop
    • Dumps (.dmp), if any are present
    • hosts.txt,
    • systeminfo.txt,
    • drivers.txt,
    • msinfo32.nfo,
    • eventlog.txt,
    • genuine.txt
    Zip these files and upload the zip.

12. Fred22 Win User
    I downloaded the app and ran it again. Those are the results. Don't know what else to do.

Fred22, Sep 18, 2016
  13. Fred22 Win User

I uploaded them to my original thread, which is what I thought this was.

Fred22, Sep 18, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please don't create another thread for an issue with the DM Log Collector or posting the requested data.

Follow this post in regards to the code.

Thema:

1. windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen - Similar Threads - has recovered unexpected

2. "Windows has unexpectedly shutdown".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows has unexpectedly shutdown".: Third post I've made on here, first one didn't solve issue & second one denied me access.My PC freezes randomly with the error message on event viewer saying:The previous system shutdown at 1:26:31 PM on ‎1/‎10/‎2024 was unexpected.Error 10/01/2024 1:54:05 pm EventLog 6008...
  3. "Windows has unexpectedly shutdown".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Windows has unexpectedly shutdown".: Third post I've made on here, first one didn't solve issue & second one denied me access.My PC freezes randomly with the error message on event viewer saying:The previous system shutdown at 1:26:31 PM on ‎1/‎10/‎2024 was unexpected.Error 10/01/2024 1:54:05 pm EventLog 6008...
  4. Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 News
    Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown: [IMG]After an unexpected shutdown, when users turned on their computers, an error message popped up on their screens saying Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown. According to some users, their computers rebooted automatically and showed the error message after...
  5. Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown- Blue Ccreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown- Blue Ccreen: OS: Windows Server 2018My office server shuts down consistently and repeatedly 5-8 times daily during midnight 12am - 7am, causing Event ID 6009 - 'unexpected shutdown' After checking the logs, I do notice that [Event 7026] appears every time after the 'unexpected shutdown',...
  6. Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown- Blue Ccreen

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown- Blue Ccreen: OS: Windows Server 2018My office server shuts down consistently and repeatedly 5-8 times daily during midnight 12am - 7am, causing Event ID 6009 - 'unexpected shutdown' After checking the logs, I do notice that [Event 7026] appears every time after the 'unexpected shutdown',...
  7. Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown: Hi, my computer suddenly got a bluescreen that says "page fault in nonpaged area" after I tried to open my computer again, it booted successfully. And this popped up. Can anyone help me to fix this problem?Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version:...
  8. Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown: Hi, my computer suddenly got a bluescreen that says "page fault in nonpaged area" after I tried to open my computer again, it booted successfully. And this popped up. Can anyone help me to fix this problem?Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version:...
  9. Recover windows from Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover windows from Force Shutdown: What effect does forcing a windows shut down have? Second time in 3 days a force shut down has put my system in jeopardy and it refuses to boot. My laptop. Was trying to load some dlls and it went fine, but suddenly my system wasn't restarting, or even shut down. I couldn't...
  10. Windows Has Recovered From an Unexpected error bluescreen....we are collecting information...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Has Recovered From an Unexpected error bluescreen....we are collecting information...: Hello all, I have seen various threads on this topic but all discussion I encounter are closed. I have recovered the minidump files. Who can I send these to in order to get a diagnosis. Computer always recovers after one reboot but I don't want this to develop into a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unexpected shutdown blue screen