Windows 10: windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen

Discus and support windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had several of these unexpected shutdowns on my 10 year old HP running Vista in the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering if there is any way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fred22, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen

I've had several of these unexpected shutdowns on my 10 year old HP running Vista in the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering if there is any way of telling if this is a software or hardware issue. I know it's time for a new computer, but I really like Vista better than Win 10, which I running on the laptop I'm using right now. One of my main concerns is email continuity. We've had the same Comcast email addresses for years. Some on this forum have suggested Thunderbird, which I'll probably try if I have get a new PC. But for now, I'd like to get this "blue screen of death" issue resolved, if possible. Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

:)

Fred22, Sep 15, 2016
  2. LilBro Win User

Windows 10 upgrade stuck at checking for updates

Ain't happening. Win 10 won't download and Win 7 keeps crashing - "Windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown". Real confidence inspiring there, guys. I guess even my computer doesn't want to upgrade to Win 10.

LilBro, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Recovering from Windows Insider build blue screen

Hi,

My surface Pro3 has bluescreened and won;t recover. It was on an older version of Windows 10 windows insider and had not been used for a few weeks. When I started it up it bluescreened.

What is the best way to recover from this ? Wondering with Windows 10 RTM about to release if I need to go straight to that or not.

Cheers,

Anne Wallace

WindowsGal, Sep 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Fred22 Win User
    I downloaded the BSOD files, opened them and my computer was analyzed. I have the DeBug zip file which I saved as an attachment. The other folder (Fred PC) would not attach. I assume all you need is the zip file? Please tell me how to upload them to you. The zip file is now in the "downloads" folder of my laptop. Just let me know what to do next.

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    See my previous post, it provides 2 links where the second is a link to a tutorial that describes how to upload a file on this site.

7. Fred22 Win User
    Attachment 102072
    This is the DEbug Zip file.

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  8. Fred22 Win User

Attachment 102073 Is this what you need? Or this Attachment 102074 ? I assume you need the latter as the first one is just an image. I thought it would upload the file, not a pic of the file. Hope you have what you need now...let me know.

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip, the current uploaded one misses several logs.
    You could check if there are
    • 18 .txt,
    • 1 .nfo,
    • 1 or more .dmp,
    files present, if this is the case then all logs are present *Smile
    If there are a few missing, no problem as we can get them manually if required *Smile

10. Fred22 Win User
    Attachment 102077

How about this? Anything missing?

Fred22, Sep 17, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Looking at the size and the name it is the exact same one as previously uploaded.

As already requested, run the DM Log Collector again and check the content of the zip.

If after a few attempts there is no improvement, run following code (copy/paste) in an admin command prompt.
    Code: copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp"&findstr /v "Owner." "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp" > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&del "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.tmp"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"&del "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab" /Q[/quote] It creates/copies some files on your desktop
    • Dumps (.dmp), if any are present
    • hosts.txt,
    • systeminfo.txt,
    • drivers.txt,
    • msinfo32.nfo,
    • eventlog.txt,
    • genuine.txt
    Zip these files and upload the zip.

12. Fred22 Win User
    I downloaded the app and ran it again. Those are the results. Don't know what else to do.

Fred22, Sep 18, 2016
  13. Fred22 Win User

I uploaded them to my original thread, which is what I thought this was.

Fred22, Sep 18, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please don't create another thread for an issue with the DM Log Collector or posting the requested data.

Follow this post in regards to the code.

Thema:

1. windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen - Similar Threads - has recovered unexpected

2. Unexpected Shutdown and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Shutdown and Restart: Recently my machine has been shutting itself off mid-game. I usually turn off any other applications off (Chrome, Steam/Origin launchers, etc.) so that the only apps running during gaming are the game itself and Discord. Initially I thought that something may be overheating...
  3. Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Laptop Shutdowns: My laptopis getting unexpected shutdowns, totally out of the blue when left idle. I have ran HP Hardware Diagnostics, Memory Diagnostics, Monitored CPU Temperatures, Updated Windows, Created Custom Power Plans but unable to pinpoint what is causing the shut downs. On checking...
  4. Windows Has Recovered From an Unexpected error bluescreen....we are collecting information...

Windows Has Recovered From an Unexpected error bluescreen....we are collecting information...: Hello all, I have seen various threads on this topic but all discussion I encounter are closed. I have recovered the minidump files. Who can I send these to in order to get a diagnosis. Computer always recovers after one reboot but I don't want this to develop into a...
  5. unexpected shutdowns in windows 10!!!!!!!!!!!!

unexpected shutdowns in windows 10!!!!!!!!!!!!: I bought an HP tower in 2015 with windows 8. I upgraded to windows 10 in probably 2016. Ever since I did a large windows update in late 2017, or early 2018 my computer will randomly shut down. Very annoying. I am pretty good with tech, and there seems no reason why this...
  6. Unexpected shutdown of system

Unexpected shutdown of system: My computer constantly switches off when playing certain games. In the past I was able to play the game in full and have not problem. But for a few months now when playing Civilization 6 i am able to play about 10 turns then my computer switches off completely. It does not...
  7. Windows Problem Shutdown Unexpectedly

Windows Problem Shutdown Unexpectedly: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 2 Parameter 2: ffffaf09644c6520 Parameter 3: ffffaf09644c6478 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_17134 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.121 Locale ID: 1033 Files that help...
  8. Windows 10 PC shutdown unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC shutdown unexpectedly.: Hi so today I had decided to download a game on Steam and I have decided to step away for a few minutes about 5 minutes. When I came back to my computer it was on sleep and I had no idea why it was since it had not been 30 minutes. So I turned it back on and my monitor was...
  9. Help with Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Unexpected Shutdown: Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell 7720). While running Fallout 4, I encountered sudden power-off for my system. The power button did not turn back on for a couple of minutes and the bottom of the laptop was quite hot. How can I ensure...
  10. Solved recover from sleep bluescreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved recover from sleep bluescreen: For the last several days I have been puzzled about the fact that suddenly my computer would not wake up from sleep any more without bluecreening, although it would go to sleep all right. I don't know if this was caused by a windows update or some other reason. I even posted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unexpected shutdown blue screen