Windows 10: Windows has stopped updating

Discus and support Windows has stopped updating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I always received insider builds as soon as they were released but am not getting latest release 14986. I received 14965 but rolled back to 14959... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kodi, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Kodi Win User

Windows has stopped updating

I always received insider builds as soon as they were released but am not getting latest release 14986.
    I received 14965 but rolled back to 14959 because of problems with some of my apps.
    Would this have done something to updates?

:)

2. Windows 10 has stopped updating

Hi Geezer,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you try updating your system to the latest build using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Windows 10_1511 Media Creation Tool:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-403B-B04E-C96ED6047488/MediaCreationTool.exe

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 has stopped updating

Since no other help seemed to be forthcoming and there seemed to be no solution I could find with Google, I went ahead and did the one thing that I was hoping to avoid: Hit the Reset button. That did fix the problem but of course, I had to reload all
    of the software which is time measured in hours of effort. I considered falling back to an earlier Restore point and that may (or may not) have fixed the problem with a whole lot less effort but since Reset is a new Windows 10 feature that I had not tried,
    I decided to go that path. Besides, I was hoping that a full system Reset would result in a better result since that would relieve the PC of other unwanted luggage that had accumulated over time. The system Reset sure does beat the third alternative: a complete
    OS reload. Anyway, I was able to update the OS to build 10586 immediately after the system Reset. After a few more hours of loading and configuring applications, I'll be back in business.

GeezerGeek2, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Windows has stopped updating

Restoring the previous build marks the build that you rolled back from as one not to keep re-trying, so that it doesn't just re-install it over and over again. This allows you to stay on Fast Ring until a subsequent build comes out.

However, I have not been able to get any build to upgrade to 14986 other than 14971.

You can download and install 14965 (the current Slow Ring build).
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...reviewadvanced

DonCuthbert, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows has stopped updating

1. Windows has stopped updating - Similar Threads - has stopped updating

2. Windows Update has stopped video output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update has stopped video output: i saw there was a windows update pending on my windows 11 desktop, so I got update and reset. However when the computer reset there was no video signal. I have:1. Verified the HDMI cable works on another device, tried another monitor, tried a display port cable on another...
  3. Windows Update has stopped video output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has stopped video output: i saw there was a windows update pending on my windows 11 desktop, so I got update and reset. However when the computer reset there was no video signal. I have:1. Verified the HDMI cable works on another device, tried another monitor, tried a display port cable on another...
  4. Windows has stop updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has stop updating: I own A Lenovo Ideapad S145. From 2 to 3 months the windows update is not working properly. It is stuck on the "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4601319" . Every time I try to install it, it stops at 100% and show the message that there...
  5. Recent Windows 10 Update has stopped hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Windows 10 Update has stopped hyperlinks: Hello! Recent Windows 10 Update has stopped hyperlinks from working in e-mails 2007 Outlook, AND stopped photos pasted into e-mails from appearing. Any suggested fixes??? -Thanks, Kevin...
  6. Windows Update has stopped working in the insider previews.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update has stopped working in the insider previews.: A few insider previews ago windows update continuously checks for updates and never completes. Currently 18975 insider preview. I never see an error code as the update never completes. using uup to install. I have tried all the usual tricks and then some. Trouble shooters...
  7. Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update: Keyboard has stopped working: Hey guys, I updated my laptop last night so I could get the new xbox app. This morning when all was complete, I noticed my keyboard stopped working (Apart from the power button and the ROG gaming button. The keyboard works fine in the bios, so I know it works, but as soon...
  8. Windows Update has stopped checking for updates in Windows 1607

Windows Update has stopped checking for updates in Windows 1607: In the last month or so Windows Update has stopped checking for updates automatically in Windows 1607. I have Windows Update set to notify and usually I would get a daily notification You need some updates. Usually there is a Windows Defender definition update waiting to be...
  9. Windows update has stopped working

Windows update has stopped working: Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday. Tried rebooting but still not working! any ideas?...
  10. Windows Update Has Stopped Installing Updates

Windows Update Has Stopped Installing Updates: Hi, I am having a problem with Windows 10 Updates not installing. The last update that was successfully installed was KB3074680 on 17/2/17. Everything since then has failed to install. Can anyone help as I do not have a lot of Windows 10 experience. Thanks Keith 83067