Windows 10: "Windows has used a foreign language printer information file" Help

Discus and support "Windows has used a foreign language printer information file" Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is only one down load on the Epson Website for the Printer Driver. Epson Q & A indicates that for Windows 7,8, XP & 2000 (nothing said for W10),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billz, Feb 26, 2017.

1. billz Win User

"Windows has used a foreign language printer information file" Help

There is only one down load on the Epson Website for the Printer Driver. Epson Q & A indicates that for Windows 7,8, XP & 2000 (nothing said for W10), but it recognises W10 and 64 bit of my son's new laptop.
    To quote "Windows has used a foreign language printer information file more commonly if you complete the Windows "Found new hardware Wizard" during the installation of the Epson Printer driver. You can resolve the issue with a full Uninstall of the Printer Driver.
    Note - Using Control Panel alone will not remove foreign language files.
    I have downloaded the same printer driver for my PC. The printer preferences are normal English There may be other problems, but I don't use my son's S20 printer.
    My questions are, 1 what else do I have to do other that use Cortana get to Uninstall/install window and remove the Epson Files to completely remove this foreign language file - after doing whatever is also suggested.
    The what do I do wrong by going on to the Epson website and get to the download Printer driver file and presumably unzip it somehow if it is zipped.

:)

billz, Feb 26, 2017

2. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

Every single number.. No i've tested in on my mothers phone and her ID isn't set on private but still doesn't show. When i miss the call it automatically sends me a message saying who called, well if there number isn't on private.

hamburglar1, Feb 26, 2017
  3. Please help me... " Nokia n97 "

I've had this problem since ever... Whenever i recieve a call it doesn't show the caller. All it says is " Call ". Please someone help me get rid of this ! My settings are set as " Say caller's name; - On "

hamburglar1, Feb 26, 2017
  4. "Windows has used a foreign language printer information file" Help

Hi Bill

If you are trying to remove the Epson printer software and language I would do this.

Create a restore point.

Then right click on Start, left click on Control Panel, left clcik on Uninstall a program under the heading Programs.

If they installed a Windows language pack, open a command prompt(admin and type lpksetup /u

Click one on language you want to uninstall, click Next. You will have to restart.

As to installing, I can't find that printer. Are there more letters or a style name? If he just connects printer to device does windows recognize and can he print. May be necessary to do a scan for new hardware in Device Manager.

Something is initiating language pack install, what other languages are installed on your son's laptop?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 26, 2017
  5. billz Win User
    Hi Ken, Thank you for responding. If you go to epson uk get to the support page where you are requested to type in I just type S20 Stylus Printer, or Stylus Printer and from the selection icons chose the S20. The last update is dated 2008 it's that old.
    regards Bill

billz, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Thanks. Beyond me why we can't just have a worldwide site with everything.

Okay, went to site and I must be doing something different. On this page under drivers I get Driver 6.64 dated November 12, 2012.

https://www.epson.co.uk/products/pri...us-s20#drivers

Now this is an exe so once downloaded you just double click and it will install. I would download and save driver. I would do this for two reasons, one you own it and have a copy, two, if you select run and internet does something weird, well nobody needs another issue.

Ken

7. billz Win User
    Hi Ken created a restore point - Then got to the control panel and clicked on to Icon described now as Epson Stylus S20 Series Printer uninstall/changed clicked on this not much happened after a few minutes still nothing left clicked on it again -still nothing Right clicking gets Uninstall /Change button, left clicking on gets this gets- Please wait while the program is being uninstalled or changed. It has been like now for over 10 minutes. When I have uninstalled programs before . It's rapid.I don't think any thing is happening - It's now about 20 minutes and the Epson Icon is still there.
    I have a pop up for Epson stylus S20 series Printer Uninstall Ver 7.8.5EN and the cancel button available, ok button faint.
    This had slightly overlain a System Properties pop up previously it had said I had created a laptop restore point when the time was 19:29 hrs+ on Acer(c*Smile system protection on. I had only used the create button not the Configure or System restore button.
    I am going to have to soon cancel the Printer uninstall pop up click cancel it's now 40 minutes
    I afraid epson Stylus printer seems to be still there

billz, Feb 26, 2017
  8. billz Win User

Checking on control panel /Back up and Restore (Windows7) is the heading in the Control Panel is perhaps the cause of 40 minutes of waiting. It States Windows Back-up has not been set up and a badge ICON Set back-up
    Restore Windows could not find a back up for this computer.
    I will have to stop for today. bill

billz, Feb 26, 2017
  9. Okay. Reboot. The go to back to programs and right click Epson and Uninstall.

You are right, most are quick, some aren't but 20 minutes is too long. If it takes more than five minimize open windows. Sometimes a Yes No or other such prompt appears in a panel that is hidden behind the panels you are looking at.

The end result, you are waiting on it and it is waiting on you.

If this fails we either need a tool from Epson or a good removal tool like revo uninstaller.

Ken

10. billz Win User
    Hi Ken, Wound it up again clicked on Uninstall this was at 21-28hrs GMT- Did a test clicking on uninstall a little later and got the previous pop up message. Please wait as before while uninstalling. That said I did manage to change the inks on the Arabic page using this PC on the same page, but in English and guessing the Arabic on the Laptop. Getting a test print patch was quite easy, but I got it wrong somewhere and had a Clean heads program cut in and wasted some ink using the wrong button. At 21-40hrs GMT still as before Nothing seems to have happened. Giving it back to my Son now for his DVD's - will have another go later after I have a chat with Epson. also to explore Acer.
    I would of thought having bought it just a month ago and with Windows 10 as the operating system - I was suprised to see the reference to Windows 7 on the Backup and restore program I noted earlier.
    Reading your comment again I forgot to minimize.
    Thanks for your help Bill.

billz, Feb 26, 2017
  11. Not to worry about the Windows 7. They ported the backup and restore function that was in 7, that was dropped in 8 to 10. The panels are updated to look like 10 but for those that used the functionality they will be very familiar. That is just a name to make Win 7 people happy although it does seem to be stressing out new Win 10 users.

If you haven't set up Backup and Restore (Windows 7) it will just say that, which it did. It does not have anything to do with uninstalling Programs.

Sounds like the Epson install is corrupt. If the Epson printer won't uninstall then I would be using the trial version of Revo-Uninstaller to remove.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 27, 2017
  12. billz Win User
    Thanks Ken, From WikiPedia. Revo Uninstaller first runs the selected program's built-in uninstaller, then searches and removes associated files and registry entries that the uninstaller may not have removed from the user's drive.

Revo Uninstaller also cleans out:

Files in the temporary folder
    Entries in the Windows start-up applications folder
    Browser history and cache of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Netscape
    The recently opened file list in Microsoft Office applications ..................This would worry me
    Revo Uninstaller can also irrecoverably delete files. ..................This would worry me

A portable version is available that can be run without installing onto or modifying the system, in particular from external storage media such as USB and network drives. This sounds Ok if it does not cause data to be lost such as important documents
    The freeware version of Revo Uninstaller does not find or uninstall 64-bit applications.[4][5][6] .............This would worry me
    This he last bit especially.
    What would cause a program to be so un-uninstallable it cannot be touched.

billz, Feb 27, 2017
  13. billz Win User

I must leave it now and see what Epson and Acer have to say. Tomorrow here.Good night.

billz, Feb 27, 2017
  14. Hi Bill, Always good to be cautious. I wish more people were, lot less issues.

Yes revo-uninstaller has turned into a Swiss Army knife as they compete for market share. You can install and then through options, set it up to your liking. Much like CCCleaner, they still give you the option of what you run and how aggressive tool is.

I really don't want you to run any of their tools, just remove the Epson printer software.

Your recently opened file list, while helpful is just a list of file names you recently used. When you want a file you can navigate to it and double click. The list starts to be rebuilt. I understand this may be something more difficult in your situation.

Revo can also permanent delete files by securely deleting them. Again a basic tool today because as we all know just cause we said delete doesn't mean someone can't say undelete.

You don't need the portable version, you are not in the repair business although we all seem to get a lot of exposure. LOL

As to 64 bit programs, I doubt very much your Epson printer is using 64 bit code. Programs using 64 bit code is "new", just look in your Program(x86) folder to see how much 32 bit code we are all still running.

Again, I don't think you want to run their tools, just uninstall Epson and then maybe uninstall Revo.

A program to become unstable... well that could be anything. You follow this forum, how many times is the answer a clean install. It could have been interrupted during installation, it could have been interrupted during an uninstall, it may have left entries in the registry that said it is there but its not. One of the members here fought with the same issue on a java install. Windows does an acceptable job uninstalling programs, not a great job.

Now I said I would uninstall the Epson Printer. You've tried twice, unsuccessfully. I looked at Epson site and they have a removal tool for the MAC. Ouch. They should have one for Windows as you will see numerous hits for how do I uninstall Espon software.

May be try uninstalling one more time. This time open task manager and watch the uninstall program CPU performance. If it is changing it is working and may be it just takes time.

While not the way I would do it, you could uninstall the Windows language pack and then go right to install. It may be very successful and could even straighten out what is preventing its uninstall. I'm not guaranteeing it and it may get stuck installing.

Maybe as a consumer take a run at Epson. Ask them where they are hiding the Windows Uninstall tool.

Post back your plans.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 27, 2017
  15. billz Win User
    Thank you Ken for responding. I have read your post, but I must leave it for later - I have too much other stuff that I must do today. I will not bore you with my troubles unless your a pro bono barrister with hopefully expertise in UK Planning Law needed urgently.

billz, Feb 27, 2017
Thema:

1. "Windows has used a foreign language printer information file" Help - Similar Threads - has used foreign

2. My Widgets are in foreign language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Widgets are in foreign language: My System settings and language is set to English United States. My Region is the Netherlands, because that's where I live. I don't speak the language of the region Dutch. Windows assumes that I do speak Dutch and shows me widgets and news content in local language. How do I...
  3. My Widgets are in foreign language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Widgets are in foreign language: My System settings and language is set to English United States. My Region is the Netherlands, because that's where I live. I don't speak the language of the region Dutch. Windows assumes that I do speak Dutch and shows me widgets and news content in local language. How do I...
  4. foreign language app hindi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    foreign language app hindi: i just purchased my laptop and ive been wandering around the internet to download apps from official websites. then i noticed, theres new program installed on my laptop in hindi language. it cant be uninstalled and when i click manage, it transferred me to language settings...
  5. adds in foreign language

in Windows 10 Customization
    adds in foreign language: how do I prevent adds in foreign language, not English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adds-in-foreign-language/1df64c22-c30a-4495-bf5c-41096f7153c4
  6. Excel files showing up in foreign language

Excel files showing up in foreign language: I recently started receiving Excel files in English from USA and opening files only to see spreadsheets written in a foreign, maybe eastern european language. Is there any reason this would start happening?...
  7. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting: I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help....
  8. foreign language keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    foreign language keyboard: Where do I find instructions how to install a foreign language keyboard in Windows 10? In earlier Operating Systems such information was easily available within the OS without having to resort to the Internet....
  9. Foreign language character input

Foreign language character input: Foreign language characters (like ā instead of a) used to be accessed by typing Alt + 'the key you want', but now for some reason it is Alt + Ctrl + 'the key you want'. Can i change it back to the way it was? I looked all over but couldn't find a way to do it. I have the...
  10. Foreign language in app window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Foreign language in app window: For some reason some fields of software display in a foreign language! In the language settings there are only two languages, English (US) and English (UK). As you can see on the Scribus screenshot, some fields are most definitely not English!! *Devil Weird enough, I...