Windows 10: Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

Discus and support Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CalypsoArt, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for Windows Hello. I believe I had this same problem on the old machine at first, but I can't remember what I di to fix it.

I Saw a driver load when I installed the finger print reader but now I can't find it. This all work in my old machine which was also Win 10. I love using the FP reader for my security. Suggestions on how to fix this.?

:)

CalypsoArt, Mar 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 Finger Print Sign-in Problems

I've done that. I've removed them and reloaded them several times. The finger print scanner is working and Windows 10 appears to be allowing me to register finger prints. However, the Hello Windows sign in screen will not respond when I try to use
    the finger print scanner. The password and PIN sign in options are available, but finger prints are not available on the Hello Windows screen.

GarnettCraig, Mar 1, 2018
  3. Eikon Mini USB fingerprint reader not working in windows 10

Hi StealthyNinja473,

I am not sure if you found a resolution as yet. I had the same issue and was able to resolve it.

Windows 10 removed the AuthenTec software for the Eikon mini finderprint reader. Windows compatibility checker removed the software automatically, but did it in a very orderly fashion. The AuthenTec Eikon Mini driver still appeared under Biometric devices.

The way to resolve it is not to use the AuthenTec software as AuthenTec have not released updated software to my knowledge. Instead use Windows Windows Settings to add fingerprints on the Eikon Mini. To do this do the following:

1. Go to Windows Settings

2. Select Accounts

3. Select Sign-in Options

4. Select Set up under the Fingerprint heading

5. Select Get Started

6. Enter your PIN (don't hit enter) or password

7. Swipe your finger across the reader several times as prompted

8. Select Add Another Finger if you want to add more fingerprints

9. Select Close

10. Close Settings

11. Do cartwheel and rejoice, your Eikon Mini Fingerprint Reader is working again Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader? :)

Regards

Richard

Richard Eccles (TAS), Mar 1, 2018
  4. Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

Hi CalypsoArt

Your fingerprint reader should be under the heading Biometric in device manager.

If not I would head to the manufacture site and get the drivers for your finger print reader and install them. Likely MS misidentified the device.

Maybe you would see something in device manager if you "Show Hidden Devices"

Caledon Ken, Mar 4, 2018
  5. Thanks. Found it it under Biometric. Also realized that it had not been inserted completely in the USB port the last time. It's up and running.

CalypsoArt, Mar 5, 2018
  6. Perfect. So are you able to use Hello?

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

1. Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader? - Similar Threads - Hello Eikon Finger

2. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  3. finger print reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print reader: i bought finger print reader morpho L0 ican't see device manager i have tried all method OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMEEN System Manufacturer Gigabyte...
  4. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  5. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  6. Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working: I have two HP laptops. I just did a clean complete install of Windows 20H2 on one. The Eikon fingerprint reader I have no longer shows up in Device Manager as a Biometric Input device- instead it shows up under Other Devices, with a yellow warning triangle that the driver is...
  7. finger print reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print reader: I have a HP Pavilion x360 windows 10 and my finger print read does not work anymore, it was working fine until I did the new update. So I want to know is there a way to fix this problem....
  8. My finger print reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    My finger print reader: I have an older Lenovo Thinkpad running windows 10 that was refurbished. It has a finger print reader, when i first got the computer i was able to use and set up my finger print. But now I can not, it i just says this device does not meet your organization requirements for...
  9. hp finger print reader not dected

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp finger print reader not dected: hp finger print reader not dected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-finger-print-reader-not-dected/214317d9-e011-4487-ade7-f2d015143fe7
  10. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Print Reader now Inoperative: I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello not working with Eikon reader

2. eikon mini not recognized

3. eikon mini not recpgnized

4. eikon mini not logging in,
  5. windows hello eikon,
  6. eikon mini usb fingerprint reader problems,
  7. eikon fingerprint reader for microsoft windows login and new windows 10 hello - sign-in to windows using your finger - remember your windows password