Windows 10: Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

Discus and support Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarveyRowe, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option.

This happened once before (after a Windows update) and I had to go back into settings and redo my fingerprint for recognition. BUT, it happened again, and there is no setting available now for fingerprint access. Instead, under the Windows Hello section of Sign-In Options, it now states "Windows Hello isn't available on this device".

How can I get this functionality back???...as the device is most definitely compatible to using fingerprint sign-in...and was previously doing so.

:)

HarveyRowe, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Aug 1, 2018
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

tjc4, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options

I have a Dell Latitude E5450 running Windows 10 and I'm trying to get its fingerprint scanner to work. At first there were no drivers but after googling for a while I found one and installed it:

Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>... [​IMG]

Not sure if it is the right one but it's the only one I could find. When I go to sign-in options I see Password, PIN and Picture Password but not Fingerprint, or Windows Hello if that's what it's called.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

aleksakojadinov, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

1. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>... - Similar Threads - Hello Fingerprint Sign

2. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  3. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  4. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  5. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  6. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared: One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?...
  8. windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.

windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my DELL vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic...
  9. windows hello sign in fingerprint is not working

windows hello sign in fingerprint is not working: im using asus s510unr model, form the past 20days my fingerprint is not working after i updated the windows which has pop-up 20days back. in signin setting it is showing this option is currently unavailable. i have tried 1. updated to the latest version in asus web site...
  10. Windows Hello (fingerprint) sign-in option disappears after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello (fingerprint) sign-in option disappears after every reboot: So I can still use my fingerprint reader, the driver says it is working fine. I can set up a fingerprint, lock Windows, and use it perfectly. But every time I reboot Windows, it's gone. There is no option to use the scanner, only PIN or password. I have to set it up again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt find fingerprint scanner compatible icon gone

2. windows hello fingerprint disappeared

3. fingerprint sign in option disappeared after update

4. Lenovo fingerprint reader WIndows 10 vanishes on login dual boot,
  5. fingerprint sign in option disappeared,
  6. fingerprint sign in option disappeared dell,
  7. windows hellp fingerprint option disappeared