Windows 10: Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Discus and support Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to go back to an earlier version of windows because I could not get it to work. Bad update.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdwardRipley, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

I had to go back to an earlier version of windows because I could not get it to work. Bad update.

:)

EdwardRipley, Sep 3, 2018
  2. elmarconi Win User

Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Hi everyone,

I have a Elitebook 840 G2 with Windows 10 running on it. Since I use Win10, I was always logging in with Windows Hello and the built in fingerprint reader.

Today, I made a restart of Windows and some updates were installed. When I wanted to log in again, there was no login possible anymore with the fingerprint. Instead, I had to use the PIN. A short glimpse in the Settings revealed that there was no Windows
    Hello option anymore!

Although there are two drivers, a Synaptics Driver and a Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver in my program list, the whole fingerprint reader does not work anymore. Does anyone have an idea where to get a new, correct Windows 10 driver or to troubleshoot
    to get Windows Hello back? In my opinion, it is all about convenience of logging in Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore :)

Thank you for your response,

Marco

elmarconi, Sep 11, 2018
  3. chris_80 Win User
    Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Windows Hello fingerprint disappeared and not working anymore

In my case the fingerprint reader was reported faulty and changed under warranty.

But in your case I read something interesting: Windows 8.1 drivers do run in windows 10, although they may not satisfy the W10 requirements (I have not tested, i suggest you to research this)

Have you searched for drivers? because lenovo's drivers are used also to fix the fingerprint on other laptops, have you tried all the steps I did?

Dallatorre, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

1. Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore - Similar Threads - Hello disappeared Fingerprint

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Windows Hello Fingerprint not working, I can only use PIN as sign in on my computer. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-not-working/7165b4c5-7398-4358-af5e-c383e26e1b2c
  3. Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore: The fingerprint works fine since I bought my laptopjune 2022, only one finger registered, but last week i cannot open the laptop with my fingerprint anymore it says " Your fingerprint couldn't be recognized......" so i opened it with pin, then I try to remove my fingerprint...
  4. Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant setup a Fingerprint in windows Hello anymore: The fingerprint works fine since I bought my laptopjune 2022, only one finger registered, but last week i cannot open the laptop with my fingerprint anymore it says " Your fingerprint couldn't be recognized......" so i opened it with pin, then I try to remove my fingerprint...
  5. Windows Hello pin fingerprint and else not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin fingerprint and else not working anymore: On now two devices now I had the same problem. After some time windows just starts deactivating one windows hello option after another, for no reason. I shut down the PC and the next time I try to log in, the pin needs to be reconfigured, problem being that the provided...
  6. Windows Hello pin fingerprint and else not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello pin fingerprint and else not working anymore: On now two devices now I had the same problem. After some time windows just starts deactivating one windows hello option after another, for no reason. I shut down the PC and the next time I try to log in, the pin needs to be reconfigured, problem being that the provided...
  7. Windows Hello pin fingerprint and else not working anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. FingerPrint Not Scanning Anymore Through Windows Hello?

FingerPrint Not Scanning Anymore Through Windows Hello?: My Pc is brand new, barely a month old. All of a sudden my pc will no longer scan /read my fingerprint and I am having to sign in with my Pin. I originally set up the pc with a password, pin, and fingerprint. However, up until a couple days ago I have always used my...
  9. Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore

Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore: i have had my laptop since july 2018 and the fingerprint scanner worked fine. About a week ago i factory reset it and suddenly it stopped working to log me in. I went into log in settings and it said that my computer doesnt support windows hello. But i know it does because it...
  10. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello disappeared yoga 520