Windows 10: Windows Hello & FIDO2 Security Keys authentication for shared devices

Discus and support Windows Hello & FIDO2 Security Keys authentication for shared devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Are you tired of entering usernames and passwords? Windows Hello and FIDO2 Security keys allow you to carry your identity with you. We have been on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Hello & FIDO2 Security Keys authentication for shared devices

Source: Windows Hello and FIDO2 Security Keys enable secure and easy authentication for shared devices - Windows For Your Business

:)

Brink, Apr 16, 2018

2. error code 0xc000000f

Hi Janies,

When activating a refurbish device running Windows 10, you'll need to use the product key on the Certificate of Authenticity that's attached to your device. Getting the error 0xc000000f could possibly be related to product key used. By the way, is it possible
    for you to share with us a screenshot of the page where this error appeared? There could be other information there that will help us in sorting out the problem.

In the meantime, try to restart your computer and start the activation using the product key on the Certificate of Authenticity. Follow the steps below in changing the product key for activation:

• Open Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Click Change product key.
    • Type in the product key found on the Certificate of Authenticity.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Update us with the result so we can further look into it in case the issue persists.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Face recognition Hello

Hi Janine,

Kindly see the information posted by Michael Gall on this thread
    for your concern regarding Windows Hello.

You might also want to check the article below to learn more about face authentication in Windows Hello.

Windows Hello face authentication.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Ramon Imp, Apr 16, 2018
  4. z3r010 Win User

I've been using my yubikey for Windows hello for a few weeks now, however it isn't allowed after a reboot and a pin or pass is still needed, I hope they have changed that now.

z3r010, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Hello & FIDO2 Security Keys authentication for shared devices - Similar Threads - Hello FIDO2 Security

2. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  3. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  4. Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....: When setting up FIDO2 on a WebAuthn enabled site at least with Firefox all recent versions, you will get an OS level popup for the WebAuthn/FIDO2 request.The first one that comes up is for the Windows Hello Platform Authenticator. If this is what you intend to use, all well...
  5. Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....: When setting up FIDO2 on a WebAuthn enabled site at least with Firefox all recent versions, you will get an OS level popup for the WebAuthn/FIDO2 request.The first one that comes up is for the Windows Hello Platform Authenticator. If this is what you intend to use, all well...
  6. Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....

7. Windows 11 22H2 - FIDO2 Security Key logon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 - FIDO2 Security Key logon not working: Hi - I am currently aware of the issues with FIDO2 security logon after updating to Windows 11 22H2.My machine is currently running build 22621.819 just updated with KB5019980 this morning.Even after reinstalling windows, I am unable to logon with my FIDO2 security key. I am...
  8. How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?: HelloI am working with Fido2 Authenticators on my Win11 system that has a TPM. I have enrolled many test users with a Fido2 Platform Authenticator. The problem is how to delete these off the client without a re-install of windows?...
  9. How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?

How to Delete Fido2 Platform Authenticators?: HelloI am working with Fido2 Authenticators on my Win11 system that has a TPM. I have enrolled many test users with a Fido2 Platform Authenticator. The problem is how to delete these off the client without a re-install of windows?...
  10. List/Remove Windows Hello FIDO2 resident Keys

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    List/Remove Windows Hello FIDO2 resident Keys: Hi, is there a way to list and delete FIDO2 resident keys stored on a Windows 10 device using Windows Hello? For example, if you use this WebAuthn demo application https://webauthn.io/ and set the registration with resident key, where the keys are saved? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Activate FIDO2 login for Passport for Work

2. do you need windows hello to use fido2

3. face recognition fido2 security keys

4. activate windows hello-fido2-security-keys