Windows 10: windows hello not appearing

Discus and support windows hello not appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have fingerprint scanner..i works in when i was in windows 8.. tried the same driver in windows 10 but "windows hello" is not appearing in my sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dwings02, Aug 4, 2015.

1. dwings02 Win User

windows hello not appearing

i have fingerprint scanner..i works in when i was in windows 8.. tried the same driver in windows 10 but "windows hello" is not appearing in my sign-in option... any idea why?
    my laptop is hp elitebook 8440p and i'm trying to use its built in scanner

:)

dwings02, Aug 4, 2015
  2. {Dylan} Win User

same with 8440p. now works fine on Hello.

here is the reference: Validity Fingerprint Sensor and windows 10: Not working - Page 3 - HP Support Forum

The main point is update Validity Sensors to latest version 4.5+ so it can be supported by Windows 10.

Follow by go2, I got driver package from: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search

which support Windows 10.

I've got it working following those steps:

1. Once you got the CAB file by using a extract tool (WinRAR) to extract it to a folder (eg. D:\driver\vfp451)

2. Disconnect to the Internet (to prevent Windows Driver automatic install driver)

3. Using Device Manager, unsinstall existing Validity Sensors (with Version 2.3...), now it become Unknow Device

4. Right click to Unknow Device (which actually a Validity Sensors) choose update driver and then browser to extracted folder (vfp451) before.

5. Done, use Windows Hello to setup finger print authenticate.

{Dylan}, Aug 4, 2015
  3. windows hello not appearing

Hi,

As you have mentioned, you were using hp protect tools and validity driver from hp, after upgrading to Windows 10. It prompted to uninstall. You can use the same program in compatibility mode if that program in not compatible with Windows 10.

You can check this article below which describes how to make old program in the compatibility mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The above mentioned steps are also applicable to Windows 10.

Windows Hello supports facial recognition and works by scanning the iris. It also supports fingerprints. The highlight of it is the Infrared Technology support, that allows the facial recognition feature to work in almost all kinds of lighting situations.
    The departure from the normal behavior of having to enter password every time you login is thus very welcome.

When you this feature, your device will authenticate you with a camera or fingerprint reader. Setting up Hello is pretty easy.

Press Win+I to open the setting app. Click on accounts section. Under the Accounts section, select sign in options.

You can check this article below which describes about Windows Hello how to use.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Aug 4, 2015
  4. cluberti Win User

cluberti, Aug 4, 2015
  5. dwings02 Win User
    windows hello itself is not appearing in my setting>account>sign-in option...

dwings02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows hello not appearing - Similar Threads - hello appearing

2. Hello I am not allowed to enter my PIN on initial screen and the following message appears:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I am not allowed to enter my PIN on initial screen and the following message appears:: 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.'Then it sends me to ' Search for app in the Store?You need to install an app for this task. Would you like t9 search for one in the Store?Y/NSince I am locked out nothing happens.Ocationally an...
  3. Hello I am not allowed to enter my PIN on initial screen and the following message appears:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I am not allowed to enter my PIN on initial screen and the following message appears:: 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.'Then it sends me to ' Search for app in the Store?You need to install an app for this task. Would you like t9 search for one in the Store?Y/NSince I am locked out nothing happens.Ocationally an...
  4. No windows hello options appear in Accounts > Sign-in options, so I cannot set up a PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No windows hello options appear in Accounts > Sign-in options, so I cannot set up a PIN.: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and the only options are for, Security Key, Password and Picture Password. No Windows Hello options are there. I am only interested in PIN Windows Hello which is not there.As per responses to similar questions I have:scanned and...
  5. No windows hello options appear in Accounts > Sign-in options, so I cannot set up a PIN.

No windows hello options appear in Accounts > Sign-in options, so I cannot set up a PIN.: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and the only options are for, Security Key, Password and Picture Password. No Windows Hello options are there. I am only interested in PIN Windows Hello which is not there.As per responses to similar questions I have:scanned and...
  6. Hello. I need help about this problem that just appeared. My laptop is suddenly giving so...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello. I need help about this problem that just appeared. My laptop is suddenly giving so...: I never had such a problem like this. My dad used my laptop and few days ago for something. He left it in my room like he'd usually do, and since then I didn't put it to charge bc i thought i didn't need to, nor did i use it bc i was busy with some other stuff. And now when i...
  7. Hello. I need help about this problem that just appeared. My laptop is suddenly giving so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I need help about this problem that just appeared. My laptop is suddenly giving so...: I never had such a problem like this. My dad used my laptop and few days ago for something. He left it in my room like he'd usually do, and since then I didn't put it to charge bc i thought i didn't need to, nor did i use it bc i was busy with some other stuff. And now when i...
  8. Hello. I need help about this problem that just appeared. My laptop is suddenly giving so...

9. Hello I Need Help Regarding my hdd on PC, recently there is a blue question mark appearing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I Need Help Regarding my hdd on PC, recently there is a blue question mark appearing...: Hello I Need Help Regarding my hdd on PC, recently there is a blue question mark appearing on my hdd drive I used to restart or shut down my pc and it got fixed but now it will still appear when i restart or shut down my pc Icant acess my files from my HDD. I use HDD and ssd...
  10. Hello I Need Help Regarding my hdd on PC, recently there is a blue question mark appearing...

Hello I Need Help Regarding my hdd on PC, recently there is a blue question mark appearing...: Hello I Need Help Regarding my hdd on PC, recently there is a blue question mark appearing on my hdd drive I used to restart or shut down my pc and it got fixed but now it will still appear when i restart or shut down my pc Icant acess my files from my HDD. I use HDD and ssd...